Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like TheLastAshen said, I love the Transformers ride and have no interest in the movies. I saw the first couple HP films but wasn't really a fan until i went to Universal and visited Hogsmeade in 2012.

How big of a gap was there from TM soft openings and GP soft openings for Transformers?

I know that it opened for GP softs right after they finished the TM softs. However, considering this is a whole area...I'm still guessing we'll see the same early morning routine we had for Phase 1.

Show us a property that has created an entire, interesting, beautiful world like Potter and is just as popular to the masses and I'm sure they'd consider it. Otherwise it's going to be Potter... I mean they teach freaking college courses on it.

Star Wars
LOTR
Marvel and DC (in terms of characters)
Mario, really the major Nintendo franchises (terms of universal appeal/colorful worlds)

Potter isn't the only property that deserves 2 whole lands devoted to it

Not to harp on the subject, put I understand you can enjoy the ride even if you don't like the movies/books. I'm just saying, it's a LOT of potter. Phase 3 and Phase 4 may be overkill. I do think both FF and LC should go. Just not sure I would be as excited if it's going to be some Potter stage/special effect shows.

Before I visited hogsmeade I wasn't really a Potter fan but have now read all books and seen all the movies and cannot wait to visit Diagon Alley.

Potter has more of a theme park appeal than most if not all of them ^

I despise Disney but a well done Star Wars Park and I am There asking "HOW MUCH OF MY MONEY DO YOU WANT TO LET ME IN"

But the way they are going it will start as 2 E tickets and several smaller attractions and be whittled down from there till you have 3 or 4 well themed carnival rides.

Full-disclosure, I was a big HP fan to begin with.

But the key thing is that I was really only a casual Universal fan. I'd been to the parks several times, usually for HHN, but I probably wouldn't now have an Annual Pass if it weren't for the Wizarding World. And I think the consensus here has been that Potter has more appeal to non-fans than a lot of other properties.

Remember that, so far, HP has only replaced 1/3 (Merlinwood) of LC in IOA and one ride plus carnival games in USF.

I understand why some might see further expansion as overkill, but the overwhelming success and continued popularity of Phase 1 and undoubtedly of Phase 2 is really unprecedented and may call for unprecedented expansion.

Full-disclosure, I was a big HP fan to begin with.

But the key thing is that I was really only a casual Universal fan. I'd been to the parks several times, usually for HHN, but I probably wouldn't now have an Annual Pass if it weren't for the Wizarding World. And I think the consensus here has been that Potter has more appeal to non-fans than a lot of other properties.

Remember that, so far, HP has only replaced 1/3 (Merlinwood) of LC in IOA and one ride plus carnival games in USF.

I understand why some might see further expansion as overkill, but the overwhelming success and continued popularity of Phase 1 and undoubtedly of Phase 2 is really unprecedented and may call for unprecedented expansion.

I am just hoping expansion happens in the DC and FFL areas and the boundaries do not keep stretching out beyond that. LC should be rethemed, but not to HP.
Also, HP turned a lot of people onto Uni and vice versa. Butterbeer alone is a good part of why.

Interesting that you should mention this one... especially today. :blank:

Quoi?

Personally I hated the teddy-bear look of the goblins in the film; I think these look great and do partly wonder if they were purposefully redesgned to be more goblin-ey given the involvement of the film art team anyway. It can't be that they were meant to look different to how they do and came out wrong otherwise they'd have been re-done.

And that set!!! :smiley:

Interesting that you should mention this one... especially today. :blank:

Please don't let this mean what it looks like it means.

BnD6aAiCAAAE_wT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.