Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, the Superbowl is on Fox this year so Universal would have to pay to advertise. They'll probably just wait for the Olympics a couple weeks later.

I'm pretty sure they have to pay regardless of what network it's on. Even if it's on NBC they still have to move the money from one department to another.

Yep, a zoom lens flattens out everything so that buildings 60 feet apart look like they are right next to each other. I don't quite understand why we are seeing Ollivander's windows so far up nearer the entrance. Is 80% of the Ollivanders building facade going to say Ollivander's? Or are the pictures that deceiving.
They are that deceiving.

As far as I can tell, beyond the "Bridge to Nowhere" is the wall where we see "The Fountain of Fair Fortune" painted. That is the outer wall of Flourish and Blotts (Green facade). Between Flourish and Blotts and Ollivanders is at least one other facade which is blue.

So, are all of the people working on the London facade the K&"something" company that has an office in Tampa? I can't remember the full name. I haven't seen a lot of Nassal workers this time around...since the waterfront project actually; probably because they are in Japan?

^ Yeah, I was more referring to the project leads and select artisans for the original WW. If AG is in Japan then I am sure a few from Nassal are there too. It appears K&H or K&S or whatever their name is, are doing much of the execution on Diagon and London, probably as subs to Nassal.

UPDATE: DUH, correct letters wrong order:

KH S&S

Thanks to HTF's zoomy video, I was able to find it!

Last edited:
So, any guesses on the blue facade between Flourish and Blotts and Ollivanders?

fl8rw3.jpg

Only a few more days to speculate, people.

eta: at the studio tour, there are two shops between Ollivanders and Flourish and Blotts. Wiseacres and Florean Fortescues which are both located elsewhere in the Universal iteration.

fl8rw3.jpg

eta: at the studio tour, there are two shops between Ollivanders and Flourish and Blotts. Wiseacres and Florean Fortescues which are both located elsewhere in the Universal iteration.

Haven't we heard rumors that the ice cream shop has been moved elsewhere to accommodate crowds? While Wiseacres seems likely, the bowed windows do not resemble the one in the WB tour.

What did HTF recently say was not going to be a store but a facade only? Too, did he imply whether there is still space reserved for a store in that corner of the Ollivanders building? Other than Olli's and Florean, I do not have it memorized as to which store sells what and is super important.

Haven't we heard rumors that the ice cream shop has been moved elsewhere to accommodate crowds? While Wiseacres seems likely, the bowed windows do not resemble the one in the WB tour.

What did HTF recently say was not going to be a store but a facade only? Too, did he imply whether there is still space reserved for a store in that corner of the Ollivanders building? Other than Olli's and Florean, I do not have it memorized as to which store sells what and is super important.

Wiseacres is the Gringotts exit/ gift shop.

Some important shops:
Madam Malkins (sort of favors the look of the studio tour windows), Quality Quidditch Supplies, Eelops Owl Emporium, Magical Menagerie, Slugs and Jiggers

fl8rw3.jpg

I'm trying to find shops in that color blue and all I've found so far is Scribbulus, but the shape is not the same...

WB-Studio-Tour-Opening-March-29-2012-HQ-tom-felton-30133671-2048-1356.jpg

Behind the Flourish and Botts faux facade is storage and electrical rooms.

Fountain of fair fortune is under the train bridge next to an emergency exit for one of the olli showrooms. It's like an outdoor extension of building 65, a highly themed F&B Cart if I may.

There are 4 real stairways in Bldg 65 and 5 faux stairways

Just past the mystery blue facade window is one of three doors to Ollivanders. If heading towards Gringotts the first two doors are entry/exit doors directly into the shop. The 3rd door is the entry into the interior queue for the Ollivanders Wand experience.

Wiseacres is as I've said before the exit shop for Gringotts

Ice Cream is just before the entrance to Knockturn but will have access doors shared with another food option just across from the 3rd Olli door...

Reactions: Felipe

Fountain of fair fortune is under the train bridge next to an emergency exit for one of the olli showrooms. It's like an outdoor extension of building 65, a highly themed F&B Cart if I may.

Just past the mystery blue facade window is one of three doors to Ollivanders. If heading towards Gringotts the first two doors are entry/exit doors directly into the shop. The 3rd door is the entry into the interior queue for the Ollivanders Wand experience.

Ice Cream is just before the entrance to Knockturn but will have access doors shared with another food option just across from the 3rd Olli door...

Thank you! Sometimes we listen and sometimes we don't...

So the blue facade is a mystery for you too?

In the HP Chamber of Secrets game, Magical Menagerie is a blue shop with bowed windows. They sell animals and the such, so that could be a good faux storefront. But looking at the blueprint, it suggests that there is an actual access door there, so idk. In the Chamber movie, Magical instruments appears to be blue, but a different design. That would be another shop that would probably only work as a faux front.

HTF's hint suggests it would be the owl Emporium, but it appears purple. Not sure if that matters though.

Out of curiosity, is the entrance Knockturn along the main street or off to the left of Gringotts? Is the other food option "The Hopping Pot" or is it something we haven't heard of?

Food option from films:
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop (apparently in CoS and HBP)
From video games:
Rosa Lee Teabag

Thanks for clearing up where Fountain is.

So, thanks to HTF's new info, we can fill in a few more numbers:

10) Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour (and another currently food spot - Hopping Pot?)
11) ???
12) ???
13) Fountain of Fair Fortune
14) Entrance
15) Exits
16) Knockturn Alley
(Probably 16.1 Main Entrance and 16.2 Main Exit)

X) I'm just gonna guess this area will have Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions and maybe also Quality Quidditch Supplies and Eeylops Owl Emporium. They're just too iconic in the film, books, and they are featured in the WB Studio Tour right around that spot as well.

iwMzHnk8EQZJv.png

What will #2, next to Gringotts, be themed too within Diagon? There has to be other stylized facades going there. It appears no one has the show plans... as window display effects have not yet been discussed, rumored or danced around.

What will #2, next to Gringotts, be themed too within Diagon? There has to be other stylized facades going there. It appears no one has the show plans... as window display effects have not yet been discussed, rumored or danced around.

Donde esta el baño?

Maybe the facade there will be what we saw on that leaked picture a while ago?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.