Frozen Ever After | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, it looks like this will be the only Frozen ride for a number of years now that it's indicated that Disney Tokyo is backing off for the near future due to huge rising construction costs associated with the future Olympics in Japan. Frozen may be victim to global warming before a second attraction is built.

Heading back to frozen in Norway for a minute, because that's what the thread is about..

could it be possible that we see the Meet and Greet building open earlier than the Attraction itself? As I could see it open to open up the area for Spring Break.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Heading back to frozen in Norway for a minute, because that's what the thread is about..

could it be possible that we see the Meet and Greet building open earlier than the Attraction itself? As I could see it open to open up the area for Spring Break.
I would think so. Each will open when it is ready and as of now it seems the ride is taking longer than scheduled.

I'm surprised the the other parks are getting shy on pulling the trigger on Frozen. First the Tokyo news and now I hear DCA might postpone swapping out Aladdin for the Frozen musical too. But no park had no problem shoehorning that crap sing-along into any dark room they could find.

I'm surprised the the other parks are getting shy on pulling the trigger on Frozen. First the Tokyo news and now I hear DCA might postpone swapping out Aladdin for the Frozen musical too. But no park had no problem shoehorning that crap sing-along into any dark room they could find.

They're casting for Frozen already, so I'd be surprised if Aladdin gets another reprieve. The show is an important part of Disney Park's summer 2016 campaign which will be able to advertise new Soarin and Frozen "attractions" on both coasts. (which is why it's vital they get FEA open by June)

I don't see Frozen being canned at the Hyperion, especially after they confirmed the January final performance of Aladdin just the other week.

Honestly I'm hoping somehow we get Muppets back thanks to this. Get rid of that trash sing-a-long plz.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I think Tokyo is a product of that parks issues, not the IP itself. As someone else stated Aladdin will be replaced. They are not backing away from this IP, but they do need to figure out a way to put it in parks that doesn't break the bank. I hope they learn their lesson from this frozen ride and don't overlay low capacity rides with a good IP though. But I don't think the lesson learned is Frozen is not popular. Because the little ones still love it. The only three girls I know that are around the age of 3 love it and got Frozen stuff for Christmas. My niece got a frozen doll that you can sing along with the frozen song. Made me appreciate my daughter who honestly is not into Princesses at all (so she is no indication of the IPs popularity). Because that doll drove me crazy and I was only around it for Christmas dinner lol

Once again we're arguing about aesthetics and what the ideal park would be. I don't disagree. But skewing the comments as if they are actively losing patrons or slipping is stretching. They're gaining year-over-year. Disneyland itself is gaining half a million visitors a year and closing the gap on MK (19.3 to 16.8).

The castle parks are fine, but at best the rest are coasting or at worse in free fall.

Hold on. All I ever hear about on here is how you have to take out classic rides to make better e-ticket rides. That parks get stale and it is a negative that Disney depends on nostalgia. But when it comes to DL all the sudden it is the opposite and Disney can't take anything out (even if it is one thing for an ENTIRE land) of DL to put some high tech non-stale e-ticket rides? Really? I personally feel like for some of you no matter what Disney does it will be wrong and Uni would have done it better. I love Uni, I love Disney, heck I love Sea World. But I see all their faults and all their pluses. All 3 parks have pluses and minuses. But you have to be willing to give credit where credit is due and slam them when they are being idiots. But you shouldn't contradict your own arguments just because it is a different park.
This has absolutely nothing to do with universal or anything of that nature and I never once said take out classic rides for E tickets. To me DL is a historical landmark and WDW is its fatter cousin. They are completely different beasts, run two different ways and feature two completely different amounts of content. All I'm saying is that DL is the best theme park of all time and DCA sucks. A SW land would be way better at DCA, no words in my mouth needed

This has absolutely nothing to do with universal or anything of that nature and I never once said take out classic rides for E tickets. To me DL is a historical landmark and WDW is its fatter cousin. They are completely different beasts, run two different ways and feature two completely different amounts of content. All I'm saying is that DL is the best theme park of all time and DCA sucks. A SW land would be way better at DCA, no words in my mouth needed

So you want it stuck in time and never change? Won't it lose attendance because it is offering nothing new? That is what everyone says about WDW. I understand it is a different market and run differently, but I would think the same argument holds true.

I understand the argument of something being placed in the wrong place. We make that argument all the time with things like Diagon Alley, Transformers, Frozen, Little Nemo, etc. But the argument that you can't replace one thing for a land because DL should be a landmark is the argument that baffles me.

the problem is not Disney taking out classic rides its the fact that they replace them with rides that are just cheap looking or not very good a good example is 20k leagues under the sea at magic kingdom it got replaced with mermaid and while i do like the mermaid ride it is no where near as impressive as 20k and that's a trend Disney has been doing for a while now

the problem is not Disney taking out classic rides its the fact that they replace them with rides that are just cheap looking or not very good a good example is 20k leagues under the sea at magic kingdom it got replaced with mermaid and while i do like the mermaid ride it is no where near as impressive as 20k and that's a trend Disney has been doing for a while now

I was talking about DL not being able to replace stuff, not WDW. People don't bitch when WDW replaces stuff as long as the end product is a good quality product and makes sense (Frozen makes ZERO sense). And 20k closed down ages ago with no replacement. So honestly I will take LM over nothing which is what we had for years. I think we can all agree that SWL will not be cheap and will be a better attraction to the almost nothing that is being taken down in DL. Will it fit in? Maybe not. But as I stated I get the not fitting in argument. We use that argument all the time. It seems all the parks could care less what fits in and what does not anymore. And honestly it seems the general public could care less too which is why the parks have stopped caring. The argument I don't get is that DL shouldn't touch or replace anything.

like i said its because they don't replace with equal value ppl go in with the thought if Disney is just going to replace it with crap then id rather take the old stuff

like i said its because they don't replace with equal value ppl go in with the thought if Disney is just going to replace it with crap then id rather take the old stuff

But in this case, SWL will be replacing a wooded area and one thing. How can an entire land be less value than that?

And not always. The circus theme and what they did to that area is 20x better than toon town. Moving Dumbo and adding another with a cool queue was a smart move. That whole area redo with LM where 20k was allowed them to add the mine coaster. Which while short and has capacity issues, it is a neat little family coaster. It really fills a little void. Because now kids get to go on Goofy one year, the next year on Mine, and the next year on Thunder mountain. So those yearly visiting families their kids grow up going on slowly stepped up coasters. Plus as a parent I enjoyed the Mine Train 20x more than Goofy. It is why I wish Universal would add more family coasters. Not kiddie coasters they have enough of those, a true family coaster with a 38 or 40 inch height. Then some that are 44 inch height. Right now it is kiddie or upside down craziness. Sure you have some dark ones (Gringott and Mummy) that are in between, but honestly those are scary for some kids and are less coaster and more dark ride (especially Gringott). I like how at Disney my kids grow up slowly getting to ride more and more coasters, it has been fun. Next up is Space and Everest which we believe she is just tall enough to do now.

At DHS I think getting rid of the awful backstage tour for TSL will be a big win too. Indy for SWL is another win. I agree some of their replacements (most glaring is Frozen) were bad choices. So I feel it is more hit or miss than a broad miss.

Yes, that Frozen show that replaced American Idol is terrible for an adult to watch. Professionally, it's even a way worst production than Sinbad. But, the little kids sure seemed enthralled by it. Though I question how long it's popularity will last if it stays in it's same form. I wouldn't think it has the staying power of a Beauty & the Beast or Aladdin type show. It may get old quick unless they upgrade the show.

Yes, that Frozen show that replaced American Idol is terrible for an adult to watch. Professionally, it's even a way worst production than Sinbad. But, the little kids sure seemed enthralled by it. Though I question how long it's popularity will last if it stays in it's same form. I wouldn't think it has the staying power of a Beauty & the Beast or Aladdin type show. It may get old quick unless they upgrade the show.
I don't believe what's coming to The Hyperion will be anything like the Frozen Sing a long.

I was not a fan of Americal Idol, in fact I never saw it. My BIL/SIL and other people I have talked to liked the Frozen show even as adults. Now I haven't seen it, so I can't comment on it. But I have heard others like it. Honestly, I have got to go with that was n equal trade. Was American Idol really that great? I don't even know anyone that saw it while it was there to be honest with you.

I was not a fan of Americal Idol, in fact I never saw it. My BIL/SIL and other people I have talked to liked the Frozen show even as adults. Now I haven't seen it, so I can't comment on it. But I have heard others like it. Honestly, I have got to go with that was n equal trade. Was American Idol really that great? I don't even know anyone that saw it while it was there to be honest with you.
Never saw it. I loath the TV show.

Reactions: IzzyB