Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man....I'm not sure where that number comes from.

I do see a significant price hike...but $500? Their base AP only costs $300, and you could go to two different parks over a hundred times.

I know they're not quite apples to apples; but, I think they would have a hard time selling that price point as anything other than pure greed.

It's a tough comparison because it feels natural -- but I've always been of the opinion 90% of APs are like gym memberships, good 365 yet actually used only a couple times a year. Where FFP are used probably 80% or more of the nights available, at least a lot of them. In other words, that $120 FFP gets more visits than a $300 AP.

I'd also add that FFP with Express already bumped up near $500 and still found plenty of takers. And Express drives long lines, which are what drive down guest satisfaction. I don't think the basic FF will go over a basic AP, but no longer sure what the ceilings are here, especially with Express.

Reactions: DannyPowers
It's a tough comparison because it feels natural -- but I've always been of the opinion 90% of APs are like gym memberships, good 365 yet actually used only a couple times a year.

Fair point. That value proposition is still there though, and that's what people would point to if the FFP prices went above the basic pass. It's not a good look.

Reactions: SeventyOne
FFP is also a great upsell for weekend guests. Get them from one ticket into something more. I still think the majority of Rush/Frequent pass holders don’t visit more than 3 or 4 days.
Yea, I think people here discount how many use the tickets for their yearly weekend trip, and those people in turn are staying at resorts, buying food, drinks, merch, etc. They're not going to make passes for those people ungodly expensive

Reactions: DannyPowers
I am an out of town AP and I only use ROF for one weekend. Thursday-Sunday basically in September because it is just cheaper that way. We only come down for one HHN trip.

Same. We have used FFP or FFP+ and were looking at ROF this year. Just depends on when we have come in years past. We traditionally do 3 nights over a 5-7 night stay. This year will be 4 nights over a 9 night stay. Sun, Wed, Thurs, Sun, with a Howl-O-Scream trip on Fri.

Yea, I think people here discount how many use the tickets for their yearly weekend trip, and those people in turn are staying at resorts, buying food, drinks, merch, etc. They're not going to make passes for those people ungodly expensive

Which is why I seem them potentially turning FFPs to "Weekly Passes".

Reactions: ReelJustice

I do see a significant price hike...but $500? Their base AP only costs $300, and you could go to two different parks over a hundred times.

I know they're not quite apples to apples; but, I think they would have a hard time selling that price point as anything other than pure greed.

its just that for the amount of days that ffp offered, the cost was very very low, they offered many days for little cost
but in my never ending ffp conversations, someone said that ffp is not sold as much as regular tickets, ffp is not sold as much as people think, and even when people got ffp, not everyone went every day. so as controversial as the ffp was with single day users,
i remember how i was told ffp wasnt used as much as people think.

but if more people got ffp, and more people went on all ffp days, then the cost would realistically have to be something like 500.

its just that for the amount of days that ffp offered, the cost was very very low, they offered many days for little cost
but in my never ending ffp conversations, someone said that ffp is not sold as much as regular tickets, ffp is not sold as much as people think, and even when people got ffp, not everyone went every day. so as controversial as the ffp was with single day users,
i remember how i was told ffp wasnt used as much as people think.

but if more people got ffp, and more people went on all ffp days, then the cost would realistically have to be something like 500.

Right, but this year isn't magically going to change into "more people go on all FFP days". All annual and seasonal passes to all parks and events are set up to be significant discounts from "if they went every day and paid the daily rate".

They're not suddenly going to 4X their price for multi-night when the lowest single-night price only went up by $3. I could potentially see them doing some kind of "bundle and save" and select multiple nights like choosing single night tickets or some kind of weekly or 10 day pass like others have suggested, but I think the most likely scenario is just that they roll with the usual products with about a 10% price increase on non-Express and a 10-20% increase on Express variations.

The question on will they have ff and rof passes has everything to do with hotels, restaurants and in park purchases and nothing to do with guest satisfaction. If they have data that shows those passes increase those metrics then those passes will be available. I can say anecdotally for myself, Hhn gets a lot more of my money because they have rof. I would assume they want the park at capacity every night this year, so whatever it takes ticket wise will be available.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The question on will they have ff and rof passes has everything to do with hotels, restaurants and in park purchases and nothing to do with guest satisfaction. If they have data that shows those passes increase those metrics then those passes will be available. I can say anecdotally for myself, Hhn gets a lot more of my money because they have rof. I would assume they want the park at capacity every night this year, so whatever it takes ticket wise will be available.

In my opinion, the only thing creating any doubt now is if they feel they need to limit park capacity more than they had previously expected, but without much in the way of international travelers, I think it will proceed with whatever plan they've had all year. They're really just doing what they always do. Single night comes out first. Multi-night later. Yes, it's later than FFP usually drops, but single night didn't even come out until after the usual FFP drop date. It's not a normal year. All will be fine in the end.

Reactions: Shucker71
Another thing to consider with pricing is that UOAP get about 8-12% off the pass price. My ROF+Express in 2019 was $294.99 plus tax, which for a 5 day trip still came out costing less than 5 single-night tickets without Express.

AP discount applied to ROF with Express?! I thought the AP discount only applied to single night tickets and non-Express versions lol. Well done, me!

This fandom is starting to look like a pack of children full of a want without the ability to listen.

What a shame, but it definitely looks like staffing could be the biggest culprit of capacity at this point. I hope everything works out for my sweet potato fries. (Yes, I said it. They're delicious.)
My trip this past weekend opened my eyes to what could be the real downfall of HHN this year, and that’s having enough people to run it efficiently. Might have to bump that starting pay over $15 if they want the parks rolling

I am an out of town AP and I only use ROF for one weekend. Thursday-Sunday basically in September because it is just cheaper that way. We only come down for one HHN trip.
This is exactly what we do. Only live hour away, but like to do a whole weekend that way we don’t have to drive home. Always buy ROF+express.

Status
Not open for further replies.