Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine they actually tied in H2 with this. Like we see Michael emerging from the damaged wing of the hospital burnt to a crisp. The only question is how Michael would make his way from Illinois to California story-wise since Santa Mira (the location of the Silver Shamrock factory) is located there.

Of course this is assuming H4 isn't part of the continuity.

If it happens I don’t see Halloween 3 not marketing on Micheal. Micheal sales merch. Silver shamrock alone wouldn’t sell nearly as much merch.
Are you kidding me? The three killer masks are straight up iconic, whereas we've had MM nearly nonstop for seven years now. Plus we're not talking about a headliner - Halloween hasn't been a headliner since 2014.

Are you kidding me? The three killer masks are straight up iconic, whereas we've had MM nearly nonstop for seven years now. Plus we're not talking about a headliner - Halloween hasn't been a headliner since 2014.
They were trying to pass off Halloween 4 of all things as a headliner property as late as HHN 28 alongside Poltergeist and Stranger Things. As much as I love those the H3 masks too, there's a reason they keep bringing Michael back.

Also additional thought, Universal is and Blumhouse are releasing Halloween Kills this year also which I totally forgot about. How are they going to do a Halloween maze without Michael Meyers the year the reboot's sequel finally releases? Not being able to make a Kills maze is one thing, but I feel like people are going to be annoyed if he doesn't show up even if you do try to hide the franchise name behind Season of the Witch.

What are the three killer masks?
319f4df5eb4a86ff546c6daaefa6c72c.jpg

Halloween Kills, maybe a Halloween (2018) house, are just about the only ways they make it a headliner this year.

Chances are non-horror movie fans wouldn't be able to tell you what movie the 3 mask come from
That was my point. I did look it up and I have seen those before, but I feel like the word iconic can be used when a non sports fan knows Babe Ruth, everyone knows the Beatles, etc. I feel like the Myers mask could fall into that category, along with Jason, but the masks from H3 could easily be mistaken for something from Trick r Treat or a Disney original Halloween movie.

All of this is to say, if Michael Myers isn't a headliner in that film and they're planning an H3 house, then marketing for it isn't as strong. Therefore, it would be a mistake if it's going to be replacing Creepshow.

However, if there's ever a year to capitalize on using H3, then it would be a post pandemic anniversary year, where you're going to get the crowds, regardless of what you put out there.

Chances are non-horror movie fans wouldn't be able to tell you what movie the 3 mask come from
Considering what a meme the Silver Shamrock song became, I'm not sure I agree with you. Besides, H3 is so far down the ladder in this year's lineup, it won't matter -- assuming we even get it.

Reactions: Ringwraith
Considering what a meme the Silver Shamrock song became, I'm not sure I agree with you. Besides, H3 is so far down the ladder in this year's lineup, it won't matter -- assuming we even get it.
I have no idea what song you’re talking about.

I kinda pride myself on be more of a casual horror fan, because in the HHN community I feel it gives me a better sense of how the general public will interpret things. If a house is based on a movie with “Halloween” in the title, the only thing most people expect is Michael.

I have no idea what song you’re talking about.

I kinda pride myself on be more of a casual horror fan, because in the HHN community I feel it gives me a better sense of how the general public will interpret things. If a house is based on a movie with “Halloween” in the title, the only thing most people expect is Michael.
If we grant you this, then they shouldn't do H3 at all, as it has nothing to do with Myers at all.

Didn’t Aiello mention they skipped Halloween 3 in 2018 because it was too similar Trick R Treat?

I’d be surprised if a) H3 happens and b) if it does, it doesn’t have the same rumored plot as USH’s.
I think the similarities to Trick R’ Treat would absolutely prevent it the same year they’re doing Trick R’ Treat. This year, I’d say it’s fair game.
If we grant you this, then they shouldn't do H3 at all, as it has nothing to do with Myers at all.
Well... I mean...

Honestly, I think the “solution” is to basically make all the robot scares “plain white face masks” scares. Not even specifically Michael Myers. It would become Psychic Paper where guests see what they want to see.

I'd like to see a mashup house of the original H3 idea mixed with some Michael Myers. Like, slightly rework the story to include him. I think this would be the idea that makes the most sense in terms of the event. Either that or Legacy's idea.

Most years they have a property that only die hard horror fans know. Said property is never featured on marketing—it’s not like Creepshow would’ve been featured anyway. Bride, Beetlejuice, Leatherface, and possibly the Bent Neck Lady will do...and that’s not even counting the icons.

Last edited:
If they're doing Halloween III, Michael will be heavily involved, even if it's inconsistent with the movie and doesn't make any real sense. Also, Halloween 4 was definitely a headliner when it was used by putting Myers front and center. He was in the commercial and all over the merchandise!

Anyway, it's almost as if they're using the Halloween properties they can still license to piggyback off the marketing tsunami that will be associated with a certain Halloween film coming out this fall that they cannot access...

Dude I’ve seen the movie and those masks look new to me lol.

If they really want to do Halloween 3 as like a passion project or something, they’d be smart to just drop the word Halloween completely. The franchise tag isn’t what’s strong/marketable, it’s Michael.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Status
Not open for further replies.