Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I'd feel about bugs being a cheesy 50's-style house. You can do some seriously creepy stuff if you made that a more serious house.
IDK man, if I saw one of these things from the Outer Limits jump out at me in the house as a blackout scare, I would crap my pants.

Attachments

• MV5BYzY2ODY1NzAtYmIyOS00NzlkLTg3N2QtNThjMWRmODUyODhmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzY3Nzc1NTI@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BYzY2ODY1NzAtYmIyOS00NzlkLTg3N2QtNThjMWRmODUyODhmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzY3Nzc1NTI@._V1_.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17
Since that account suddenly seems a bit more credible (assuming you find the speculation map credible), probably worth discussing the other scoops dropped. My comments in italics:
* Bugs a "1950s giant insect" house -- sounds like a lock to be this year's dark comedy house
* Underground creatures = mutants on a subway -- not a Terror Mines reimagining like I had hoped but has potential
* Wolfman v. Mummy includes Dracula -- possibly a London-set house? Mummy escapes museum to meet the local monsters?
* Zones all themed to traditional Halloween; in addition to Scarecrow redux, mutated trick-or-treaters in NYC and a witch zone

This is the same event that did Evil Dead and its pastiche Cabin in the Woods in the same year on the same street.
Bug house sounds like it's taking a lot of inspiration from 50's Giant Insect B movies, could be lots of fun. After watching Moon Knight, I kind of wish the Universal Monsters maze was solely focused on a Mummy reimagining that really emphasized Egyptian mythology and tombs that lead to the underworld. Kinda like Hades: The Gates of Ruin for Egyptian mythology.

Last edited:
Not sure how I'd feel about bugs being a cheesy 50's-style house. You can do some seriously creepy stuff if you made that a more serious house.

I think a serious giant insect house would cause genuine fear for a lot of guests, in that interesting grey area there between 'fun' terror and actual terror. I'd for sure skip the lights-on tour for that one.

Since that account suddenly seems a bit more credible (assuming you find the speculation map credible), probably worth discussing the other scoops dropped. My comments in italics:
* Bugs a "1950s giant insect" house -- sounds like a lock to be this year's dark comedy house
* Underground creatures = mutants on a subway -- not a Terror Mines reimagining like I had hoped but has potential
* Wolfman v. Mummy includes Dracula -- possibly a London-set house? Mummy escapes museum to meet the local monsters?
* Zones all themed to traditional Halloween; in addition to Scarecrow redux, mutated trick-or-treaters in NYC and a witch zone

Reminds me of the subway in Dead Exposure. I'm up for more of that.

Assuming a good chunk of you are like me and just now hearing of Black Phone thanks to the map, here's the trailer. Releasing June 24th.

Honestly this looks pretty cool. it’ll be interesting to see how this correlates to a house. Freaky is definitely made to be a house, so i’m excited for those, not at the top of my anticipation. but definitely will be better than 2018’s blumhouse. hopefully it doesn’t get as much hate as it did

Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.