Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? ST is still HUUUGE bringing it to the event is basically free money
I’m saying it could change at any moment back to fear street because of marketing Stranger things can’t be on one coasts because of its popularity some people might want it over at Hollywood just saying.

Took me forever to catch up on all the talk, but I finally had to chime in after today's spec map 2.0. I literally screamed when I saw Wicked Growth 2 on there. Honestly, Wicked Growth has to be one of my faves of all time (I've been going since 2005). To see another version of it gets me very, very excited. I realize "sequels" are sometimes disappointing, but I have faith with this one. For how gorgeous that house was, and how popular it was, I am sure a lot of time would be spent to ensure a sequel wouldn't disappoint. I'm also thrilled about any Universal monster house. I think they should keep 'em coming. In 2009, Wolfman was my fave, and I always wished they would bring back houses like that.. now they have. The originals always intrigue me, and these looks extraordinary as usual. I'll definitely take scarezones that are traditional Halloween themed as well - and ABSOLUTELY put the pumpkins in the trees again! Pumpkin Lord would be an ideal icon. All of this has me smiling like a complete idiot. The only thing I'm not sure of is The Weeknd. I don't get it. But then, I'm old, so maybe I just can't relate?

Alrighty then! Some interesting developments, with certain aspects still not where they're supposed to be. Nonetheless, I'm pretty fine with this lineup! A couple quick speculation thoughts.

For me, I think it's fairly safe to say that The Weeknd, Mummy vs Wolf-Man, Dead Man's Warf, Underground Creatures and El Chupacabra are locks for the year. When properties stay on the map, it's a pretty good sign it's legit. (And DMW was certainly "Seaside Village" from the previous map, something which a lot of folks thought of.)

Speaking of Dead Man's Wharf, I'm intrigued to see if it's sharing a soundstage with a house, or if it's going to be on it's own. I can see it using a lot of fog, so it might be best having it isolated in it's own soundstage. Not to mention fog can work a whole lot better in colder conditions...

I can also see Blumhouse being in FatF, since I can imagine that space might be a little more cramped on space compared to others. Regarding houses and the locations they end up in, that's determined by the needs of the house. If a house needs tall sets, flyers etc., it's going to be put in a soundstage or parade building. However if it doesn't need elements like that, then it can be put into a smaller location. Both the Black Phone and Freaky don't look to require any large sets or the like, so Blumhouse can fit into a smaller location. Conversely, El Chupacabra has been hinted at being in a soundstage, so it most likely has elements which can't be crammed into a location like FatF.

I’m saying it could change at any moment back to fear street because of marketing Stranger things can’t be on one coasts because of its popularity some people might want it over at Hollywood just saying.

Who says they can't have Stranger Things in just one coast? It's no secret that Orlando is on really good terms with Netflix, especially with ST. Conversely, it's no secret that Hollywood is not on the same terms. Case in point...

I don’t know if I should say this but I visited the Netflix headquarters once and they had this huge lawn chair with the HHN 28 art and it was signed by Mike and orlando people….there wasn’t anything of the sort involving Hollywood’s. Also the way murdy talked about stranger things 2 in his retrospective made it sound like it wasn’t really his favorite thing in the world that’s the only evidence I really have for there being a thing between Hollywood and Netflix and things others have hinted at but I personally don’t know anything about it.

I don't see Hollywood or Netflix wanting another Stranger Things house on the west coast. Because of that relationship, it wouldn't be strange at all if ST only showed up in Orlando.

Last edited:
Quick spec thoughts Pt. 2 since I got side-tracked...

If the Bug House is a 1950's giant insect kind of house, that could give a good B-Movie vibe in the same vein as "Invasion!". I'd be all for it!

Halloween still feels like the red herring, all things considered. Which brings up this...

There's something bugging me about the spec maps, and it's not about what we see...but what we don't. For a while there's been talk of another family friendly property and/or a super divisive property, moreso than Billie Eilish. At the moment, those have yet to be found! (Yes, I'm not counting the Weeknd since you don't have to look far to find the horror elements, and I'm noticing folks are picking that up as well.) I'm not seeing any signs of it, which makes me feel there's a chance the red herring in the list is covering up that particular property.

If the Bug House is a 1950's giant insect kind of house, that could give a good B-Movie vibe in the same vein as "Invasion!". I'd be all for it!

Halloween still feels like the red herring, all things considered. Which brings up this...

There's something bugging me about the spec maps, and it's not about what we see...but what we don't. For a while there's been talk of another family friendly property and/or a super divisive property, moreso than Billie Eilish. At the moment, those have yet to be found! (Yes, I'm not counting the Weeknd since you don't have to look far to find the horror elements, and I'm noticing folks are picking that up as well.) I'm not seeing any signs of it, which makes me feel there's a chance the red herring in the list is covering up that particular property.
I brought this up on discord but what if the “bug house” isn’t an original at all but a family friendly IP….C98B8C66-785E-4399-95EE-F95788C59015.jpeg

Okay moving on

I imagine the bug house quea as a drive in theatre just like slaughter cinema but playing giant bug movies to keep us occupied during the wait something like this
1649979939047.jpeg

There will be a more lighthearted/family-friendly/super divisive IP. But it's not a house.

Last edited:
So judging by the map and the afterparty discussion, locations seem to be...

Stranger Things - Soundstage ???
Urban Legends: El Chupacabra - Soundstage 23B
Dead Man's Wharf - Soundstage 23A
Bugs - Soundstage 24A
Monsters: Mummy Meets the Wolfman - Soundstage 24B
The Horrors of Blumhouse - Supercharged Queue
Terror Underground 3/Underground Creatures - Sprung Tent 2
Wicked Growth 2 - Sprung Tent 1
"""Halloween""" - New Parade Building
The Weeknd: After Hours - Parade Building

So judging by the map and the afterparty discussion, locations seem to be...

Stranger Things - Soundstage ???
Urban Legends: El Chupacabra - Soundstage 23B
Dead Man's Wharf - Soundstage 23A
Bugs - Soundstage 24A
Monsters: Mummy Meets the Wolfman - Soundstage 24B
The Horrors of Blumhouse - Supercharged Queue
Terror Underground 3/Underground Creatures - Sprung Tent 2
Wicked Growth 2 - Sprung Tent 1
"""Halloween""" - New Parade Building
The Weeknd: After Hours - Parade Building
I would assume Stranger Things would be in Soundstage 21.

Maybe Underground Creatures is related to Terror Underground. Maybe a sequel? Or just creative's take on the original house, like an updated version of the 1995 house.

Status
Not open for further replies.