HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, there *is* a spoiler button on here for a reason. Perhaps it would be best adviced for others to use said button when posting something that may spoil surprise for the rest of the group.

Well... when it's a link and there is a description of the link implying it's a spoiler, really don't think there's any reason to.

Then Kevin needs to quit his whining. Do we have a button for that? :p

I mean... he's right about one thing. It's really stupid to break into areas that you aren't supposed to be in to take pictures of an entrance to a building, or my favorite, pieces of plywood. That guy a few weeks ago was really ballsy by going into Dracula and Frankenstein.

I think it depends on how you look at it. For me it doesn't ruin the event because half of the time the houses are way too dark to notice ALL the details. I can also understand why people would look at it as a spoiler. It comes down to very simply... "Don't want to see it, don't click it."

For the record, I will never post these types of pictures in the thread, everyone will be a link. I think that's a decent enough warning.

I see Universal is running a sweepstakes for an R.I.P. tour for four. It lists the retail value at $1500, does that mean that the price for a tour is like $375?!
Now that would be scarry!

also at hhn hollywood screamscape has reported that for the saw maze guest will be split into groups and one or two people from the group wont make it out.I wonder if they will do the same for saw maze in orlando.I hope so

also at hhn hollywood screamscape has reported that for the saw maze guest will be split into groups and one or two people from the group wont make it out.I wonder if they will do the same for saw maze in orlando.I hope so

Take ScreamScape with a grain of salt. There is a difference between using victims and line plants and I think Orlando is way to big for line plants and line pulsing. I don't even think that would work in Hollywood which has alot less people attending Horror Nights annually.

This was actually the concept of the proposed upcharge "extreme" maze from several years ago that never quite made it off the books. Splitting up groups, forcing people to go seperate ways alone, etc. Interesting approach. Not going to work. It would work fine for me, sure, and probably most of the posters on this board. Your *average* scared guest *will not move*. They'll just freeze and freak out and back up the entire house.

IF this turns out to be true, this is the first house to visit on the first night at the start of the run because it *definitely* will end up just a shell of its original self shortly into the course of the event.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Take ScreamScape with a grain of salt. There is a difference between using victims and line plants and I think Orlando is way to big for line plants and line pulsing. I don't even think that would work in Hollywood which has alot less people attending Horror Nights annually.

Actually HHN at USH pulsed all the houses when I went two years ago. *Much* better event than USF. It felt like USF did ten years ago when the event was kickass. Now, it feels like they worry so much about how many houses they have that they don't particularly give the attention to what's in them or more importantly what's *outside* of them, leaving in most cases, the park feeling like "USF at night" instead of "USF at Halloween". I'll give you this - last year they did show some improvement on scare zones, so I hope that's an indication of future direction and not just a lucky break.

From what I've heard it wasn't. :thumbs:

Right - but the problem is (not a problem with you, a problem with the info) that what you've "heard" comes from people inside Universal working on the event, and *those people* beleive the event has always been top notch and never lost the spark it had years ago. I'm talking about years ago when *every light in the park* was geled. When there was fog machines around every corner. When you didn't know where you'd find scareactors.

Now adays, they really don't even gel most of the lights. Last year was a LITTLE better, but still no where near where it should be, but years before that, the park *looked* no different than it would after dark on a summer day; It just had different BGM and some haunted houses.

What made HHN so blockbuster successful is that it was a completely immursive event- unlike other parks that just have a haunted house or two. When you start worrying about quantity as opposed to quality - which is EXACTLY what they've done the past several years, the whole event suffers.

Right - but the problem is (not a problem with you, a problem with the info) that what you've "heard" comes from people inside Universal working on the event, and *those people* beleive the event has always been top notch and never lost the spark it had years ago.

I know exactly where you are coming from and know what you are saying. From what I've heard and inferred was that Universal plans on atleast having scarezones at the level they had them last year. Believe me they realized their fumble with 2006 and 2007. They know they dropped the ball and I think last year the streets and houses reflected improvement.

I know exactly where you are coming from and know what you are saying. From what I've heard and inferred was that Universal plans on atleast having scarezones at the level they had them last year. Believe me they realized their fumble with 2006 and 2007. They know they dropped the ball and I think last year the streets and houses reflected improvement.

I'll give you improvement - and that's obviously positive - but even that is not on the level of say 2000. USH *is* on that level. I enjoyed it more than USF's and even KBF's events.

I'll give you improvement - and that's obviously positive - but even that is not on the level of say 2000. USH *is* on that level. I enjoyed it more than USF's and even KBF's events.

USH has much less people to worry about. They don't get the crowds USF gets even on a peak night in Hollywood. How can you expect Universal in Orlando to pulse the lines when they have so many people in the line? It would make waits longer even just by a bit.

I do agree that they can make the park more immersible, and they have in previous years. There is no excuse not to gel all the lights and make the park look as good as it has in previous years. That has nothing to do with lines or crowds or budgets, but overall laziness.

HOS did the Target in the Hunted house, It worked there because of the ability to send people in groups. I don't think the Congo style will work at HHN. Also HOS had fun with it and put the people in Target shirts, so everyone was in on the JOke.

I did the Hunted with just my wife and myself we were about to go in when this guy in a busch shirt came and interduced himself to us and said " Do you mind if I go with you guys and get your reaction?" said nope we got to the end and they grabbed him it was great as we had no idea it was going to happen. Of course we knew it was a set up but it was really funny. I told the person at the exit we lost one of your employees in the maze the Killers keep him.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Now adays, they really don't even gel most of the lights. Last year was a LITTLE better, but still no where near where it should be, but years before that, the park *looked* no different than it would after dark on a summer day; It just had different BGM and some haunted houses. CHRIS

You are dead on When I first started going in 97, it was dark they had red lights and fire burst. They did 1 scarezone and the parade and it was great. They played weird music as you entered and through the park. Now they have added all the drink areas and hot girls selling shots. I think that it takes away from the feel, I have done it so long and I can't say it has really improved by making it bigger and bigger IMO.

Also the congo lines ruin the scares, and then there are the idiots who try to scare the scarectors or tell them try to scare me. As a friend of mine said HHN was a nice little party that has turned into a block party and you can't reel it back in.

You are dead on When I first started going in 97, it was dark they had red lights and fire burst. They did 1 scarezone and the parade and it was great. They played weird music as you entered and through the park. Now they have added all the drink areas and hot girls selling shots. I think that it takes away from the feel, I have done it so long and I can't say it has really improved by making it bigger and bigger IMO.

You're right! HHN needs less hot girls!