HHN 31: Horrors of Blumhouse | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The first one was good, second one was an abomination and one of the worst HHN houses of all time imo. I'm hoping this one is going to be really good, I'm liking both movies.

Reactions: HHNSK
The first one was good, second one was an abomination and one of the worst HHN houses of all time imo. I'm hoping this one is going to be really good, I'm liking both movies.

The movies definitely work better here. Happy Death Day was a good movie, but tooooo repetitive to make for an interesting house. Then, of course, there was Purge fatigue.

Happy Death Day was repetitive, but that's my worry for Black Phone. Seems like a lot of the movie takes place in one room!

That's my one concern with Black Phone. We saw it the other night, and there's not much to pull from outside of The Grabber's house. There are some pretty decent jump scares that they can try and recreate, but the sets might tend to look a little bland. Lots of basement walls, beige 70's style house interior.

I'm sure they'll end the house with a team-up assault from both Freaky and Black Phone characters. So, at least that should be pretty cool.

That's my one concern with Black Phone. We saw it the other night, and there's not much to pull from outside of The Grabber's house. There are some pretty decent jump scares that they can try and recreate, but the sets might tend to look a little bland. Lots of basement walls, beige 70's style house interior.

I'm sure they'll end the house with a team-up assault from both Freaky and Black Phone characters. So, at least that should be pretty cool.
Interesting. I can't wait to see the movie!

It should at least work in its favor with only being half the house. Maybe they'll even weigh it as 3/4 Freaky and 1/4 Black Phone.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Happy Death Day was repetitive, but that's my worry for Black Phone. Seems like a lot of the movie takes place in one room!

That's what tends to make the Multi-Property Houses work better. Even if the movie is *mostly* in one room, it'll flow better as a house with 3-5 show scenes.

Blumhouse in 2017 wasn't bad. I remember liking the Hollywood 2018 Blumhouse also. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I'm not disappointed by this being a house.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
My worry about this house is that the IPs sound a lot more like 2018'a house than 2017's and it seems like the house will be a lot more repetitive.

Freaky could have supported a whole house, but glad it is part of the event either way

Everyone be on the look out for Vince Vaughn at a City Walk bar, can totally see him showing up

Reactions: reeseyNG
The Black Phone is getting excellent reviews... very excited to see the movie.
and now i am obligated to watch freaky right now lol

I just watched Freaky and it was entertaining as hell! The main villains aren’t particularly scary looking; but I hope they can pull it off with all the cool scenes they’ve got.
Black Phone is on my watch list.
They'll only possibly a few scenes that are probably going to be shared with Hollywood, Murdy mentioned a few, The Black Phone there are couple of scenes I could see them do and possibly have The Grabber wearing the different masks, dialogues from the phone so forth.