HHN 31: Horrors of Blumhouse | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This has to be the most anxiety inducing horror intro I've heard in a while. If it plays before going into the house, I will sh*t myself.
It's gonna be probably play in the beginning of the house and be one of the tracks playing at the entrance of the park as well. Its a good track.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The Black Phone was very incredible and intense, not scary but intense. its more of a dark drama, set mostly in one room
i really hope that the house doesnt repeat the same basement over and over. i dont want another Happy Death Day scenario

Reactions: PrimalScream1996
The Black Phone was very incredible and intense, not scary but intense. its more of a dark drama, set mostly in one room
i really hope that the house doesnt repeat the same basement over and over. i dont want another Happy Death Day scenario
Luckily we got at least a limited look of the rest of the Grabber's house - so they can incorporate that in.

Interested if they might actually include the kidnapping and we get an "outdoor" scene

Reactions: Lucky Planet
This isn’t going in a location with a big enough entrance for us to get the grabbers van somewhere is it? Like the killer klowns Ice cream truck.

technically the basement has 3 sides (bed/ phone side, bathroom, hallway with floor hole) so i guess they could make each side a different section in the house.

technically the basement has 3 sides (bed/ phone side, bathroom, hallway with floor hole) so i guess they could make each side a different section in the house.
In the "leaked" video that made some rounds, the beginning scene looks to be the entrance into the basement, further in, on the left there was the checkered board floor covered seen in the film, they might just starting it as that, the kid probably being a static figure, I could see them reusing the static figure they've using a lot, most recently for James in Revenge of the Tooth Fairy.

Great news about Peacock, The Black Phone is on my watchlist. I watched Freaky last week and must admit I felt one of the smaller tents could easily have been dedicated to the whole movie, there’s enough in it to keep it fresh.

Like I mentioned, haven’t watched The Black Phone but hoping I don’t feel the same way about that - would be a shame to see two potential houses (albeit not on the grander scale) crammed into one.

Reactions: shiekra38
I think the black phone will play out a lot like happy death day in the sense that we will be walking through the same room a few times over with different scenes and actors
I think we'll get a few different rooms with The Black Phone, we'll obviously get the basement - but as someone stated before, the basement is split up into almost 2 different rooms. We could see the room with the toilet, and the area with the bed. They could also do the Grabber's kitchen, living room, as well as possibly an "outdoor" scene with the van.

Great news about Peacock, The Black Phone is on my watchlist. I watched Freaky last week and must admit I felt one of the smaller tents could easily have been dedicated to the whole movie, there’s enough in it to keep it fresh.

Like I mentioned, haven’t watched The Black Phone but hoping I don’t feel the same way about that - would be a shame to see two potential houses (albeit not on the grander scale) crammed into one.

realistically, Freaky only actually has a few horror/ kill scenes. most of freaky is in high school or stuff without the killer.
the actual horror/ killing has like 4 scenes? unless you had regular teens as scareactors.

realistically, Freaky only actually has a few horror/ kill scenes. most of freaky is in high school or stuff without the killer.
the actual horror/ killing has like 4 scenes? unless you had regular teens as scareactors.

By my count, you’ve got —

1) The opening manor (study, artifact room)
2) The Butcher’s flophouse
3) School environs (including the locker room/showers and the shop classroom)
4) Blacklight mini golf course
5) Old Mill (where the climax/party occurs)

Plenty to fill half a house.

By my count, you’ve got —

1) The opening manor (study, artifact room)
2) The Butcher’s flophouse
3) School environs (including the locker room/showers and the shop classroom)
4) Blacklight mini golf course
5) Old Mill (where the climax/party occurs)

Plenty to fill half a house.
Specifically excited for this room

i think half a house will be great to have the best scenes. it depends.

Sets for Freaky were better than expected. One solid scare from the
the locker
, besides that, very boring and short.
Super awkward transition. I was expecting an elongated black hallway, not exit out this side door to a fully lit unthemed backstage area and into the second house. So a tad jarring.
Black phone was actually decent, very Hollywood feeling from a set design perspective but felt like a full length house on its own and has some good scares.
Very interesting how they used the location but idk how they can do what they did for a non split house because that transition would ruin a single house. Curious if this will be a one off location or how they would make it work in the future.

They've finally redeemed themselves from the past two Blumhouse's! Very solid house, Black Phone was definitely the better half though (and was surprisingly intense).

I saw someone mention that their RIP guide told them that should they continue to use this space for houses, they could have scareactors with actual chainsaws in the outdoor section to make it more lively.