HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I must say, I really loved this house when I first went through it in September. It’s easily one of the best this year. But upon going again for my second night, I really, really love this house. The Scareactors are on point and seem to be having a blast. I love The Mummy’s design honestly. And the house is gorgeous. I really love how this house went in a different route to many other houses which focus on some narrow hallways and then big wide rooms, this one is narrow the whole way through and instead is super tall.

That moment when you can see the insanely tall temple wall with Dracs projected shadow on it landing was just amazing. This house is absolutely stellar.

I know of a kiddie pool that isn't being used...
“We have walkers in water!” Was kind of true. Kiddie pools count right?

Seriously though I kind of just want this like super intense Creature house and then half-way through just him splashing around adorably in the kiddie pool out of nowhere. It was a comedy house all along…

Reactions: salismetho
The cast found there groove but I think initially most of the negativity was about the lack of dracula and the setting being mummy focused. I really think it was a case of expectations vs reality and people were disappointed that they didn't get what they had built up in their heads. This house was always great. Being my number 2 opening weekend but now solid number 1.
Thank you for explaining! Yeah, I guess by the time I had gone I had already heard it was mostly a Mummy house so my expectations were properly set (though that's what I wanted anyways). This house's facade honestly had more of a wow factor for me than Pier, it's just insane

And on another note, I kinda hope that we get a solid Creature house that isn't a vs. house. I think that just doing a standalone would really do the Black Lagoon justice

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
This is me guessing, but I would bet we see a Phantom/Hunchback house next year to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of both films. Both take place in Paris and can together fill ten scenes. Murdy has alluded on Twitter that he's interested in doing a Phantom house and has a concept ready.

For Creature, Hollywood will have to figure out how to execute him in a way that isn't a prohibitively expensive, performer-destroying creature suit.

This is me guessing, but I would bet we see a Phantom/Hunchback house next year to coincide with the 100-year anniversary of both films. Both take place in Paris and can together fill ten scenes. Murdy has alluded on Twitter that he's interested in doing a Phantom house and has a concept ready.

For Creature, Hollywood will have to figure out how to execute him in a way that isn't a prohibitively expensive, performer-destroying creature suit.
Creature possibly just remaining trapped in a chamber as a test for the Bride is one of the worst fates any HHN character has seen.

#JusticeForGillMan

Creature VS Phantom of the Opera, lets get wacky
Maybe the phantom went to vacation to the Amazon lol. ( But it would probably have to be like the sequel where the creature is captured and brought to Florida ( could even say that he's being kept here in Orlando) They could have it so that the creature is here and escapes. And phantom is here too.

I must say, I really loved this house when I first went through it in September. It’s easily one of the best this year. But upon going again for my second night, I really, really love this house. The Scareactors are on point and seem to be having a blast. I love The Mummy’s design honestly. And the house is gorgeous. I really love how this house went in a different route to many other houses which focus on some narrow hallways and then big wide rooms, this one is narrow the whole way through and instead is super tall.

That moment when you can see the insanely tall temple wall with Dracs projected shadow on it landing was just amazing. This house is absolutely stellar.

I watched the video of the Hollywood monster house that "continues this story" and I gotta say, I'm glad that we got what we got.
Their house has some cool stuff and more dracula, but our house feels more immersive.

Went last night and there were at least 3 areas where all three monsters came out at once, took swipes at each other and guests. This house was always good, but it has gotten so much better over the run. It had an aggressive cast night one and the actors were in your face from open. It just now has a better distribution of the monsters and they feel like they are battling a bit now.

Maybe the phantom went to vacation to the Amazon lol. ( But it would probably have to be like the sequel where the creature is captured and brought to Florida ( could even say that he's being kept here in Orlando) They could have it so that the creature is here and escapes. And phantom is here too.

I watched the video of the Hollywood monster house that "continues this story" and I gotta say, I'm glad that we got what we got.
Their house has some cool stuff and more dracula, but our house feels more immersive.
I’m not sure you want to invoke the sequel, which is best known as a MST3K episode (and for Clint Eastwoods early screen appearance). Actually, scratch that - it’s perfect - lean really hard into the goofy 50s B-movie vibes and I’d love it! I actually wish the monster houses felt more 30s-era-specific.

Phantom vs Dracula vs Invisible Man in and around a Parisian opera house could be great. Creature is, as discussed, harder - he might pair well with Wolfie, but they just used him. In seriousness, Invisible Man might actually be the best rival.

I’m not sure you want to invoke the sequel, which is best known as a MST3K episode (and for Clint Eastwoods early screen appearance). Actually, scratch that - it’s perfect - lean really hard into the goofy 50s B-movie vibes and I’d love it! I actually wish the monster houses felt more 30s-era-specific.

Phantom vs Dracula vs Invisible Man in and around a Parisian opera house could be great. Creature is, as discussed, harder - he might pair well with Wolfie, but they just used him. In seriousness, Invisible Man might actually be the best rival.
Oh god, can we please just retire Dracula for a bit? I’m sick of seeing him lately. We never see Creature (I guess Invisible Man too if we’re being honest) and he deserves a house. I like the idea someone else had. Creature wanders into the Opera house via the sewers, especially considering that’s where the Phantom’s lair is. They both fell in love with the same woman. Bam! Deadly fight breaks out.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Oh god, can we please just retire Dracula for a bit? I’m sick of seeing him lately. We never see Creature (I guess Invisible Man too if we’re being honest) and he deserves a house. I like the idea someone else had. Creature wanders into the Opera house via the sewers, especially considering that’s where the Phantom’s lair is. They both fell in love with the same woman. Bam! Deadly fight breaks out.
But Dracula is the best monster! And he hasn’t really gotten a spotlight - he’s an afterthought this year. Plus, I really want something that captures the classic 30s Drac - not a ravenous beast (at least until the second half of the house), but a subtle creature who instills you with a creeping dread. Pier shows HHN can do complex, nuanced moods - I want more!

I always thought they could just have him covered in moss and foliage kinda like a ghilli suit but with fake aquatic plants. That way you would only need to make a mask and gloves.

But Dracula is the best monster! And he hasn’t really gotten a spotlight - he’s an afterthought this year. Plus, I really want something that captures the classic 30s Drac - not a ravenous beast (at least until the second half of the house), but a subtle creature who instills you with a creeping dread. Pier shows HHN can do complex, nuanced moods - I want more!
Dracula hasn’t gotten the spotlight? Than what the hell is Dracula: Legacy In Blood and Dracula Untold houses then? Creature hasn’t gotten a house, I prefer him over Dracula.

Dracula hasn’t gotten the spotlight? Than what the hell is Dracula: Legacy In Blood and Dracula Untold houses then? Creature hasn’t gotten a house, I prefer him over Dracula.
OK, I’ll grant you Legacy, but that was a looong time ago. Untold is… best forgotten. I’d love a Creature house, but gotta give Drac his due, he started the Universal Monsters (Phantom and Hunchback are sort of honorary members inducted after the fact).

OK, I’ll grant you Legacy, but that was a looong time ago. Untold is… best forgotten. I’d love a Creature house, but gotta give Drac his due, he started the Universal Monsters (Phantom and Hunchback are sort of honorary members inducted after the fact).
Again, Dracula has had houses. He got his due. Creature has not. Phantom has not. Invisible man has not. Enough with Dracula for a bit.