HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is the best house for some fun scares! The cast was so animated and each scare landed perfectly. At 1 in the morning they were still rocking it. The only disappointment is the lack of Wolfman and Dracula. Am I the only one who's run through was nothing but Mummy? Still chanted for Wolfman lol, he only met me with a head tilt!
The first night I went through it was 95% mummy. The next few nights it was more balanced with awesome runs. However, every run I have had through this house the actors were super active and aggressive.

Yesterday I saw dracula 3 times and wolfman only twice. Mummy had won at the end. Holding his head.
Some of those mummies are really scary looking

Reactions: MrRoamer
I think there is supposed to be 3 dracula encounters, 4 if he wins. In the story he doesn't really enter the fight until midway when you see the projections of the bats. He comes from where the treasure is, his stage scare, and the bungee scare but last night I think they added a dracula earlier in the house idk exactly where but I'm assuming they are attempting to address complaints even if it goes against the house design.

I saw Drac in the scare using the mirror hallway last night but that’s the earliest in the house i’ve seen him

Love the sets, and casts are really energetic and aggressive. Only thing that was really missing was the Anubis scare at the very beginning, never saw an actor there once last weekend. It felt like there was a good balance of the trio, the earliest I saw Drac was the gromoll scare (I think that's how it's pronounced?), it really works well since it looks like Drac teleports for the scare.

While I had a few run throughs with a smaller cast and not so good timing, I also had some amazing run throughs with a fuller cast and better timing. And when that happens, this is by far the scariest UCM house they've done since the scares are just absolutely relentless. Some houses have good multi-scares which can come off like Bang-Bang. This one can come off like Bang-Bang-Ban-Ba-bb...especially if you get hit by the convergence scares in this one! On my last run through I was with a couple other people, we were rushing through that house and the scares did not stop till we were clear outta' there!

Still love this house.

But a while back when I said I wish you actually saw them fight? I meant something like this:

(0:58)

The closest we get in the house is seeing Wolfman attack a torn apart mannequin of Mummy, and Wolfy and Mummy getting ready to fight Drac (which is admittedly one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a house), but I just wish we had more!

Only thing that was really missing was the Anubis scare at the very beginning

Yeah that was working on Wednesday and then on Thursday, literally as I was passing this spot in the house, there was a worker with a drill working on the door (which kinda took away from the atmosphere) and since then, there hasn't been anyone there. I suspect something is wrong with the door for the Scareactor to get into their spot.

I'm also going to agree with you about this house being relentless. They love getting in your face in this house (I've had Mummy put his hand in my face, blocking my path, Wolfman popped out and put his face within inches of my friend's face) and my first walkthrough of this was just perfect as myself and everyone in front and behind me were just getting ATTACKED at every turn. My favorite house this year.

Last edited:
None of that happened on my run-through. Did I go through the same house? :lol:

Well that is just Anubis.

To clear up the confusion (because I think some posters got mixed up with the Orlando vs Hollywood threads):

Orlando originally had two Anubis appearances. One in the room with the priest raising Kharis - there are meant to be three Anubis figures standing along the far wall, with one of them being real. (I saw this position staffed on Wednesday 9/7, but it was vacant for the rest of the weekend.) Anubis later appears midway through the maze from a boohole. He has a second hole he can come out of as guests round the corner.

Hollywood has one Anubis character who is on a stilt. Last night, Anubis was not present, and a (non-stilt) Wolfman replaced him. It is unclear at this time if/when the Anubis stilt will return.

We got one run-through of this.

Gonna get some hate.. but this came in at no 6 on my list. Dracula appeared once and won.. sadly lol

This house is definitely one of the best this year by far. Absolutely beautiful sets, design, and actually gave me a good fright with the 3-monster scare room they had where all 3 jumped out at once, Dracula from above and Mummy and Wolfman from the sides. Another awesome Monsters house.

So sad I had to miss this one due to the hurricane, was my most anticipated house. We’re fairly confident they’ll do another Monsters house for 32?