HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After a great run and a perfect run tonight, with an aggressive cast --
first time seeing bungee Drac and not sure how his hand swipe missed my face, talking inches, first time noticing overhead mummy as well
-- this may have supplanted DMP as my house of the year.

In the final scene,
"victory" Drac is hamming it up, and it just makes it even better.

first time seeing bungee Drac and not sure how his hand swipe missed my face, talking inches, first time noticing overhead mummy as well

In the final scene,

for being a Tuesday added day, it was well staffed and very aggresive. really great run for me too (Dracula shoved the wolf's head in my Face lololol
this house feels better every time. gets better with every visit.

In the final scene,

Easily my favorite house, and we had a great run. When it fires on all cylinders, it FIRES

I’d be really curious to hear people describe what changed over the season, as initial lists put this near the bottom. To me this was one of the best on sets alone, but damn with such a great cast it’s just fantastic

I’d be really curious to hear people describe what changed over the season, as initial lists put this near the bottom. To me this was one of the best on sets alone, but damn with such a great cast it’s just fantastic
The cast found there groove but I think initially most of the negativity was about the lack of dracula and the setting being mummy focused. I really think it was a case of expectations vs reality and people were disappointed that they didn't get what they had built up in their heads. This house was always great. Being my number 2 opening weekend but now solid number 1.

Ha, awesome. Can't wait for speculation to start for next year. I would love a house with Frankenstein but I understand they just had one fairly recently. So I guess I would most expect Creature from the Black Lagoon?

They have the sets and gargoyle costumes to do a hunchback house If universal wanted to. ( Not sure how hunchback fits with the monsters) but universal technically could do a cathedral house and borrow existing sets or props or gargoyles from older houses.
What if they paired hunchback with phantom of the opera, ( I don't know if their timelines align)
Hunchback and phantom aren't as famous or big as dracula, but it would be a really cool looking house
Add invisible man to the house and you could do something unique.
I don't know, I'm just thinking of the characters that are left to use, and the sets that they can do, and phantom of the opera could be Fighting invisible man. ( Both humans) evenly matched

(I don't know who they could pair the creature of black lagoon with)

But people have complained so much about the lack of Dracula this year, there are SO many complaints, that I can see universal doing a full Dracula house,

I think that universal could do a Dracula- only house and everyone will be very happy. No more monsters besides dracula. No crossover
They already had a Dracula house in 2009 and it was really scary. It was really dark and gory.

They have the sets and gargoyle costumes to do a hunchback house If universal wanted to. ( Not sure how hunchback fits with the monsters) but universal technically could do a cathedral house and borrow existing sets or props or gargoyles from older houses.
What if they paired hunchback with phantom of the opera, ( I don't know if their timelines align)
Hunchback and phantom aren't as famous or big as dracula, but it would be a really cool looking house
Add invisible man to the house and you could do something unique.
I don't know, I'm just thinking of the characters that are left to use, and the sets that they can do, and phantom of the opera could be Fighting invisible man. ( Both humans) evenly matched

(I don't know who they could pair the creature of black lagoon with)

But people have complained so much about the lack of Dracula this year, there are SO many complaints, that I can see universal doing a full Dracula house,

I think that universal could do a Dracula- only house and everyone will be very happy. No more monsters besides dracula. No crossover
They already had a Dracula house in 2009 and it was really scary. It was really dark and gory.
The people who complain about lack of Dracula can lick the bottom of my shoes, at least we got Dracula solo houses, where’s Gill-Man and his house? Oh he hasn’t gotten one you say? But Dracula has? Sounds like they should get to making a Creature house instead.

(I’m being a bit more silly than my rant may seem, but seriously I want my Creature house, Dracula and The Monster (and his bride) had theirs)

Last edited:
The people who complain about lack of Dracula can lick the bottom of my shoes, at least we got Dracula solo houses, where’s Gill-Man and his house? Oh he hasn’t gotten one you say? But Dracula has? Sounds like they should get to making a Creature house instead.

(I’m being a bit more silly than my rant my seem, but seriously I want my Creature house, Dracula and The Monster (and his bride) had theirs)

dracula has had 2 Houses,
2009 Dracula: Legacy in Blood
2014 Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
mummy only had one house back in 2001, 20 years ago...

but im strongly betting that we either get a dracula vr frankenstein house next time. or only dracula

They've complained about the lack of Dracula because it's billed as a 3-way fight and he originally wasn't featured very much. They've done a better job as the event went on to try to fill him in other spots so it's better now but it still feels like the original idea was Wolfman vs Mummy before they squeezed Drac in. Either way, they had Drac in 29, his brides in 30, and Drac again in 31... he (and vampires in general) need to take a breather for a few years.

Last edited:
They've complained about the lack of Dracula because it's billed as a 3-way fight and he originally wasn't featured very much. They've done a better job as the event went on to try to fill him in other spots so it's better now but it still feels like the original idea was Wolfman vs Mummy before they squeezed Drac in. Either way, they had Drac in 29, his brides in 30, and Drac again in 31... he (and vampires in general) need to take a breather for a few years.

I realized today that two of the dracula scares take a long time to reset. The bungee dracula and the mirror dracula.
They probably get skipped by a lot of the people complainin

The bungee dracula is very easy to miss and takes long to set up.
And the mirror scare, the actor takes time to set up the surprise scare.
Kinda wish they had made dracula easier and faster to get

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Creature VS Phantom of the Opera, lets get wacky
Was thinking this exact thing. If he has to fight another classic monster let’s make it ridiculous and have him fight Phantom.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind them doing separate houses for either though. A house based on Phantom in one Parade building and another based on Creature in the other Parade building.

Last edited:
I mostly just want a Phantom house. He had a big presence at Hollywood's first monsters maze but after that he's been AWOL. He had a great design too, could easily make a compelling maze.

Was thinking this exact thing. If he has to fight another classic monster let’s make it ridiculous and have him fight Phantom.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind them doing separate houses for either though. A house based on Phantom in one Parade building and another based on Creature in the other Parade building.

I mean, it doesn't not make sense. Creature lives in the water, Phantom lives in the sewers...