HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Posted this on twitter but thought I'd put it here too.

Had the weirdest run through of this house on Saturday. Not a single Dracula but tons of Mummy's and Wolfmen. Then out of nowhere the middle aged Dracula that let himself go ended up winning.

This is exactly what happened with us over the weekend!

Reactions: MrRoamer
This is sorta on topic/off topic. I haven't been through the house yet as I don't go till the 15th but I am curious how long they plan on going with the current Monsters houses at HHN. Like, I wonder how many more houses they might do after this? I loved the previous two houses and I am sure to love this one as I am a sucker for the Monsters.
I imagine at least until Epic Universe opens and they can promote the monsters there.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Posted this on twitter but thought I'd put it here too.

Had the weirdest run through of this house on Saturday. Not a single Dracula but tons of Mummy's and Wolfmen. Then out of nowhere the middle aged Dracula that let himself go ended up winning.

Same last night. No Drac until the end.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Had my first run last night & I was VERY impressed. Huge beautiful sets that flowed together effortlessly. Very grand in the best way possible. Appropriately intense to the subject matter & just awesome themeing. Maybe there was supposed to be more actors, idk, I had a great run. Was very pleased based off the mixed reviews.

Last night they were pretty aggressive, cast seems to be getting a lot closer to guest now. Also noticed that this house never has more than a 5 minute line for whatever reason, as long as it’s after 10 I don’t think i’ve seen the line go past merge

Looks like Hollywood definitely got the short end of the stick with this one. Could anyone make sense of the story just watching the videos of that version? I sure as hell couldn’t, but I thought Orlando’s was easy to follow.

As a total newbie to HHN, is this usually the case where the Orlando houses and event are superior?

Looks like Hollywood definitely got the short end of the stick with this one. Could anyone make sense of the story just watching the videos of that version? I sure as hell couldn’t, but I thought Orlando’s was easy to follow.

As a total newbie to HHN, is this usually the case where the Orlando houses and event are superior?

Well, that's why you don't judge solely off of videos. :lol:

Hollywood is a different beast than Orlando. Some of the scariest mazes I've done have been in Hollywood.

Well, that's why you don't judge solely off of videos. :lol:

Hollywood is a different beast than Orlando. Some of the scariest mazes I've done have been in Hollywood.
Fair enough, I just didn’t see how it could be a continuation of the Orlando house from what was revealed of the story beforehand

Seems like it from the Hollywood videos. The Hollywood houses seem super bright. I've never been to Hollywood but I attend Orlando each year.
Tbh I think the bright thing is just a result of low light cameras being a lot easier to access, and being more widely used by like everiyone who films at the event. Granted, they are absolutely brighter than orlando, probably on account of the fact that we don't get many mazes that are completely closed off from the elements, so light bleed and even light polution from surrounding LA does tend to mess with the lighting a bit.
Also, it seems like Hollywood is doing most of it's backstory through audio stuff and a weird queue video kind of thing before the maze starts. Tbh if I didn't know the story beforehand I think it wouldn't have really gotten through to me.

This is the best house for some fun scares! The cast was so animated and each scare landed perfectly. At 1 in the morning they were still rocking it. The only disappointment is the lack of Wolfman and Dracula. Am I the only one who's run through was nothing but Mummy? Still chanted for Wolfman lol, he only met me with a head tilt!

Only was able to do this house once, and it was mostly mummy with maybe one appearance of the other two. I loved the set design and the overall theme of the house.

I was on an RIP tour and the guide did not mention anything about this being a 2 part house so marketing is on their own with that one.