HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmmm….Murdy expressed interest in wanting to do Halloween 2. It's also been rumored for Orlando over on Nightmares. Hmmmm…..

If it's what I think Owen is saying, we're looking at Myers, Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface all in one year. Not bad. I honestly see Halloween 2 being more likely than Scream.

I agree that I think we're seeing Halloween II more so than tackling Scream...even if it's going to be a shared IP for this year, it makes sense.

In a way; we are also harkening back this year to a TT with a Central Theme (shocking, I know); and a part of me hopes that we see something also come into play for that theme to go into a scarezone for this year. But in a way, I guess we'll see..

I just think it makes sense. Murdy gets to have the Big 4 plus Exorcist & AHS at the event this year, I think its a no-brainer. That's a great lineup right there & one Murdy has a right to be proud of. Who knows though.

I hope it's Halloween 2!! Anyone have any idea if VIP is coming back? (I think that's the name of the unlimited front of the line pass).

Please stop.

Personal attacks against other members are not tolerated. If you have a concern, please message a member of staff  

*To Joey as well* I apologize. 

I hope it's Halloween 2!! Anyone have any idea if VIP is coming back? (I think that's the name of the unlimited front of the line pass).

I would imagine it will. It's a big money maker and they got a lot of backlash over not having it. 

No idea, they didn't have it last year, I hope it's back.

he didn't mention anything about construction in a new location so I guess we can rule out ss25

btw, I assume some posts I missed were deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
General reminder to please remain on topic. As Jon mentioned, report any misconduct to the moderating staff and move on. 

Back to the topic at hand, last year Murdy greatly improved upon sets and scares. I hope this year we see some changes to Scare zones this year. Universal Blvd. would look great with projection mapping. 

Reactions: Ryan
9f7e2669f4f252398a02027a0cc8d3ab.jpg
it just donned on me.. what if JP is Halloween II with the facade being the Doyle house? Looks spot on also.

Reactions: Allia
it just donned on me.. what if JP is Halloween II with the facade being the Doyle house? Looks spot on also.

Looking at it too..thinking on how they could handle Halloween II; it makes perfect sense to start at the Doyle House; as the film starts right as Michael is shot out of the Doyle's. Even though I want to see the Hospital as a façade, it'd allow them to reuse possibly one of the last scenes from last year; without breaking the suspension of disbelief in a sense.

Reactions: Nland316
What was with the sudden change of heart of saying originally that there wasn't going to be AHS, Krampus and possibly Scream to saying now of them being at the event? I'm curious; as its something to me that did strike odd when you stated that lineup.

I definitely did not see AHS coming (considering Murphy's recent conflicts with Uni) and word on the block was that Krampus was NOT going to be at HHN this year, however my source came at me with a curve ball when he gave me this list. Scream is still just speculation. 

I'm pretty sure Murdy is yanking on everyone's strings by saying it's NOT Krampus, because it's so obvious it could be. However I still believe that it now it HAS to be Krampus... However that Doyle house.... hmm... When I went yesterday they had barely begun construction on the roof of the facade. Still looked very krampus-ish to me. 

I'm pretty sure Murdy is yanking on everyone's strings by saying it's NOT Krampus, because it's so obvious it could be. However I still believe that it now it HAS to be Krampus... However that Doyle house.... hmm... When I went yesterday they had barely begun construction on the roof of the facade. Still looked very krampus-ish to me. 

Well if we start seeing a balcony coming up over the entrance way we'll know what it is. But John is most likely yanking everyone's chain. He wouldn't tell us even if we were right

Reactions: OldWorldEndeavors
Before I go on, shoutout to TPA for tweeting this..because to me, I think there's something interesting about the middle of that façade from that view.

If they play with it right, it can very well look like the Doyle house from that angle, especially considering that in the original Halloween (and Halloween II); he fell out of the middle second story window, from a balcony (much like what looks like of that façade).

44072-The-Doyle-House.jpg

While I wouldn't be surprised its Krampus..the more I look at it from that angle, the more it could actually make sense to me in a way.

To be fair, he can probably mean that it's not directly TCM; hence why he said no. If there's one thing that hasn't been seen on the Terror Tram in a long while (I'd argue since 2009); its that there hasn't been an full story/theme for the Terror Tram in a way, with most of the IP's (if not most, all).

Tackling something like that again would be quite the challenge because it is in a way; "Original" but its also making it so that he has a central theme for the event this year. Even if it may be an All-IP year; remember how Carnival of Carnage, Live Your Worst Nightmare, and Let The Games Begin to where the theme relied on those IPs and culminated them into the Terror Tram.

But as Foodstamps mentioned; it could not happen. I think it's all going to depend on what we see in the next few weeks ahead as the facades start to rise up. If we can get good looks at them; it can give insight to what was true about the possible Lineup of this years event; and what was not.

And, that's also considering that he's on a much faster schedule this year, as most of the time; each coast starts on the same weekend, and I can't see that changing this year. And to that, is a part of me that wonders why the hell they can't start selling tickets around the same time as Orlando, as it's seemed to work for them before.