Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They do. Usually 2-3 weeks beforehand. Easier for roller coaster to do softs because they're pretty cut and dry.

I wasn't on here when Manta opened and I didn't remember Antarctica having a soft. So I wasn't sure. So I imagine softs end of May for Mako and beginning of June for Hulk?

Even though both circuits were complete within a few days of each other, I think Mako is quite a bit ahead of Hulk. The Hulk is a bit more complex with the launch and I'm sure the queue will require a bit more work for Hulk too.

Does anybody know if the trains have arrived yet for Hulk?

I also don't imagine that Universal want to open Hulk too close to Kong opening.

Reactions: Ryno27
Even though both circuits were complete within a few days of each other, I think Mako is quite a bit ahead of Hulk. The Hulk is a bit more complex with the launch and I'm sure the queue will require a bit more work for Hulk too.

Does anybody know if the trains have arrived yet for Hulk?

I also don't imagine that Universal want to open Hulk too close to Kong opening.

I thought Mako completed the circuit at least a week if not two weeks before Hulk. But then again my memory is not the best this past week, darn headache that won't go away.

I have always imagined Hulk opening before Kong. I don't know why, it just makes some sort of sense in my head LOL. Hulk will likely not have the same sort of pomp and circumstance for its grand reopening that Kong will have for its grand opening. And because Hulk is a coaster, it also won't require the same lengthy soft open to test it before it opens. Depending on how long the remaining work takes, I think we could still see a mid to end of May completion date with a couple weeks soft before its up and completely open.

Yeah, actually between both parks they've lost a lot of capacity with Hulk, Disaster & Twister being down at the same time. And since something like 80% of tickets are now park hoppers, both parks get crowded. Yes, as GA coaster says, I think they'll try to get Hulk opened ASAP.

I thought Mako completed the circuit at least a week if not two weeks before Hulk. But then again my memory is not the best this past week, darn headache that won't go away.

It was about a week or 2 actually. I was thinking of Cobra's Curse. I think they were all completed within about 10 days of each other.

I imagine they will have 2 separate media events for Hulk and Kong so the public knows about both and doesn't get confused.

I think hulk will re-open before Kong opens, that looks set for June 23 so I'd guess hulk will open (at least for softs and possibly full Year) before then

No way Hulk soft opens before Kong. Kong is way more ready to go than Hulk is. Hulk is still under construction and Kong is testing with multiple RVs.

Reactions: JoeCamel
No way Hulk soft opens before Kong. Kong is way more ready to go than Hulk is. Hulk is still under construction and Kong is testing with multiple RVs.
Yep, Kong will be way before Hulk. Hulk hasn't even had the new trains delivered and the inside isn't even done yet.

Yep, Kong will be way before Hulk. Hulk hasn't even had the new trains delivered and the inside isn't even done yet.

I don't think anyone expects Hulk's soft opens to start before Kong's soft open. I think what several of us have been trying to say is that Hulk may open before Kong's grand opening. Because of the complexities with the ride system, Kong will need an extended soft open time. Hulk, being a coaster, will not.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Any ideas why this project is decidedly more secretive than kong? Will be interesting to see what these new trains are like and what sort of launch mechanism we are getting. Also those small attachments on the supports sure seem like the ones used for trim brakes on mako, nice find Scott. But the fact they are on the cobra roll is a bit odd for sure.

I don't think anyone expects Hulk's soft opens to start before Kong's soft open. I think what several of us have been trying to say is that Hulk may open before Kong's grand opening. Because of the complexities with the ride system, Kong will need an extended soft open time. Hulk, being a coaster, will not.
Possibly, but I think with Hulks new onboard audio and queu, it will take a little longer than a normal coaster to get open IMO, but you're probably right.

Any ideas why this project is decidedly more secretive than kong? Will be interesting to see what these new trains are like and what sort of launch mechanism we are getting. Also those small attachments on the supports sure seem like the ones used for trim brakes on mako, nice find Scott. But the fact they are on the cobra roll is a bit odd for sure.

I think it's been mentioned that the launch is getting upgraded to an LSM like Thunderbird and maybe a quicker launch. If I was to guess, the trim brakes would be to slow the trains down so they don't exert any extra forces on the track that wasn't designed for the excessive speed that the launch might give it.

Reactions: Ryno27
Plausible..but I heard a crappy rumor today that hulk wasn't opening up until september guys. I do know that even park employees aren't 100% informed, but this one whom i have known for a while now seemed pretty adamant. I sure hope not.

Plausible..but I heard a crappy rumor today that hulk wasn't opening up until september guys. I do know that even park employees aren't 100% informed, but this one whom i have known for a while now seemed pretty adamant. I sure hope not.
I highly doubt that. Hulk should be ready no later than 2-3 months from now.