Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those now-removed green panels were an abstraction of the original design. The full version very much looked like the end of the tube has blown open.

If anything I also hope they bring back the greenery in the area. Lots of small topiary trees and those weird mesh/fence topped discs on poles aren't just useless shade awnings. Those are meant to be elevated futuristic planter platforms with cascading plants like ivy and such.

If anything I also hope they bring back the greenery in the area. Lots of small topiary trees and those weird mesh/fence topped discs on poles aren't just useless shade awnings. Those are meant to be elevated futuristic planter platforms with cascading plants like ivy and such.
Yes the Banner Science Park area looked very nice..more shade in IOA would be welcomed..it is literally the hottest park on the planet

Reactions: Mad Dog
You can see some of it in the old concept art - but the model where it was best depicted is seen in photos with the end of the tube cropped out of the photo.

Likely because those photos are press photos and the concept was tossed.

This shows one variation with the burst/force rings at the end of the launch.

View attachment 1624

I've never seen this image before in high resolution. The start to the coaster is bizarre. It looks like a corkscrew into a drop then an Immelmann loop followed by a weird back to front sidewinder then has the 360 helix before going under the bridge.

I don't know if it's just me but I think the Hulk has one of the most iconic starts to a coaster ever.

Reactions: anihilnation
I don't know exactly how the coaster fandom has evolved in the last decade or so, but at the time it opened Hulk was the crown jewel of B&M who was considered the premiere coaster company at the time.

It was funny, shortly before close on one forum I was reading people complaining about Hulk's roar as it goes around the track. "Too load" and "sounds all worn out."

It was actually designed to make that sound.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I don't know exactly how the coaster fandom has evolved in the last decade or so, but at the time it opened Hulk was the crown jewel of B&M who was considered the premiere coaster company at the time.

It was funny, shortly before close on one forum I was reading people complaining about Hulk's roar as it goes around the track. "Too load" and "sounds all worn out."

It was actually designed to make that sound.

I hope the roar is still there although I think it sounds more like a fighter jet when it launches out the tunnel.

I love the moment when you've just entered the park and you hear it getting louder and louder until you finally see t.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Was there really any truth the rumor that the launch system was being replaced by some other tech? It sounds like a loony notion to me. That is where the jet-like sound comes from.

I always thought the jet sound was slightly artificial like it came from a speaker or something.

I can see the benefit of a more efficient launch but I assume if the track is the same layout, it will need to leave the tunnel at roughly the same speed (although I'm not sure how much of an effect the new trains will have if they're heavier with speakers etc.)

I really really hope the roar is still there to it just makes it so powerful. We will find out soon when they start testing. I just think the rumored hulk roaring instead of the actual coaster roaring is so corny. Idk, the track looks "roary".

Was there really any truth the rumor that the launch system was being replaced by some other tech? It sounds like a loony notion to me. That is where the jet-like sound comes from.

I was hoping for the tires to be replaced by LIMs but it was not to be. The spinning up is the whine sound indeed, you could still have that. At least they didn't silence the "roar" of the Hulk

The roar is from the box frame of the track - a signature of the B&M design. However it can be "silenced" if they choose to fill the frame with gravel/sand. That's at the discretion of the ride operator. For Hulk the original choice was to let it be as loud as possible.

If they rebuild dragons next (which desperately need it) I suspect they'd totally fill them as they're a noise problem on the perimeter of the park.

The roar is from the box frame of the track - a signature of the B&M design. However it can be "silenced" if they choose to fill the frame with gravel/sand. That's at the discretion of the ride operator. For Hulk the original choice was to let it be as loud as possible.

If they rebuild dragons next (which desperately need it) I suspect they'd totally fill them as they're a noise problem on the perimeter of the park.

The second the train leaves the tunnel, there is definitely another sound that doesn't come from the roar of the track.

Reactions: Ryno27
I always thought that there were speakers at the end of the tube that was supposed to be Hulk busting out of the gamma tube, meaning that it was an artificial sound and not one created by the train or track.
I think you're correct. While the track was designed to be loud and create the roar we all loved there are..well were ...speakers at the end of the tunnel that did add a sound to the launch and the reason I know this is because it didn't always go off Everytime a train was shot out.

Last edited: