IOA Lagoon Show | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Lagoon Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought you didn't know what they were working on? If you do know, when were you going to tell us? Focus on all islands, including Potter? Flame throwers, explosions, lasers, building projections?

The bird gave me a word quite some time ago but I have been asked to play dumb. Not to mention I'm not familiar with this species of bird. :lol:

I'm trying to think of a way they can distinguish this nighttime show from the one at USF.......I'm at a loss. It would have to be epic to fit with the theme of the park itself, but beyond that I'm clueless.

I'm trying to think of a way they can distinguish this nighttime show from the one at USF.......I'm at a loss. It would have to be epic to fit with the theme of the park itself, but beyond that I'm clueless.

They can really be distinguished in the style and overall feel of the show:
- The CineSpec show focuses on Universal's movie history/trajectory, and it has a look and feel that is modern and contemporary.
- The IoA show should feel like it came out of a fantasy world, and very mystical. It should focus more on music and effects that suit each of the lands.

I think that if done right, this show can be such a profitable attraction for UOR. It would definitely encourage many guests to get 2-park passes, or maybe a whole second day, to get to see both shows :thumbs: (And especially after London/Diagon Alley opens, and WWoHP Phase I becomes the "old" WWoHP, this can be a big draw for IoA, too!)

It makes sense even more when you connect how much work they're doing to the waterfront behind Me Ship, the Olive.

Also, Universal should totally buy the giant Voldemort from the Olympics.

If you haven't seen the old show on YouTube here it is:

[video=youtube_share;VgdMbJZZDyQ]http://youtu.be/VgdMbJZZDyQ[/video]

Now, obviously, they can't use that much pyro anymore (at least according to what Mike Aiello told me), but I think a longer version of that with fire and water effects would be what we're looking at. More like Reflections of Earth from EPCOT in comparison to Cinespec being more like Disney Dreams in Paris.

Those are great compairisons Skip. A more modern ROE in that Lagoon would be great. Minus the 40 minute globe interlude.

So I just saw this video and the first thing that I thought of was how cool this would be for an IOA lagoon show.

[video=youtube_share;YeTa9DtD7fo]http://youtu.be/YeTa9DtD7fo[/video]

^ That looks awesome!!

Though (as-is) they'd be a little too sci-fi / futuristic for what I'd envision for the lagoon show, this tech could be incorporated into the Marvel section of the show, for a superhero, if the show was to showcase each Island.

But here's another thought... Who says the show has be related to the Islands? It could be its own stand-alone attraction, unrelated to anything else. Then they could use something like this for something like a sea serpent monster. Create a costume that would cover the man and the tube, and it'd look pretty sick! Especially since they can go in and out of the water. So many possibilities!

Nice find! :thumbs:

^ That looks awesome!!

Though (as-is) they'd be a little too sci-fi / futuristic for what I'd envision for the lagoon show, this tech could be incorporated into the Marvel section of the show, for a superhero, if the show was to showcase each Island.

But here's another thought... Who says the show has be related to the Islands? It could be its own stand-alone attraction, unrelated to anything else. Then they could use something like this for something like a sea serpent monster. Create a costume that would cover the man and the tube, and it'd look pretty sick! Especially since they can go in and out of the water. So many possibilities!

Nice find! :thumbs:

How about a lagoon show with Port of Entry tie ins? Yeah it might cause problems since most people barely notice the nice gags in this area, but it would be epic.

How about a lagoon show with Port of Entry tie ins? Yeah it might cause problems since most people barely notice the nice gags in this area, but it would be epic.

That'd be cool! Involving the Island Traders, etc.

If it's a darn good show, I don't really care about it tying into any of the lands. Actually, it might even be cooler if it's a stand alone show. Just as long at it suits the essence of IoA :thumbs:

They could theme it to whatever they wanted, i just would love to see those guys flying around the lagoon :lol:

Me, too. Very cool. But those dudes are hitting the water at a high rate of speed and at a pretty steep angle. Looks like you need really deep water to pull these stunts off safely.

How deep is the IOA Lagoon?