Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I agree, I'm still trying to figure out why they chose that theme. It just looks like they planted a big ol' red coaster in USF and though "that will do".

Money, Universal didn't have as much disposable income back the as they do now, since most of what they had was being spent on HP. At the time USF needed a new attraction bad, so this is built with what they had left. It was easy to give it basic theming with the theme it has, whereas a movie it would of required my more theming therefore a lot more money, if the themed it to a movie.

Money, Universal didn't have as much disposable income back the as they do now, since most of what they had was being spent on HP. At the time USF needed a new attraction bad, so this is built with what they had left. It was easy to give it basic theming with the theme it has, whereas a movie it would of required my more theming therefore a lot more money, if the themed it to a movie.

Very true only reason they chose the company Mauer Sohne was because they could do it cheaper then anyone else. B&M and Intamin also had offers in but UO went with the company that was founded on using RCT and No Limits as its design software

Very true only reason they chose the company Mauer Sohne was because they could do it cheaper then anyone else. B&M and Intamin also had offers in but UO went with the company that was founded on using RCT and No Limits as its design software

You also forget that B&M, Intamin, and Premier couldn't do the coaster as quick as UO wanted it done. B&M, if I recall, was booked until 2015(?).

Yes. A huge let down. Again, if they wouldn't rush, then the park wouldn't be stuck with hastily thought-out shortcuts. You would think they would be willing to wait months, to ensure a good outcome for decades. Would have been great to have something more like Hollywood Dream. Just not with USJ's placement! Yuck.

Yes. A huge let down. Again, if they wouldn't rush, then the park wouldn't be stuck with hastily thought-out shortcuts. You would think they would be willing to wait months, to ensure a good outcome for decades. Would have been great to have something more like Hollywood Dream. Just not with USJ's placement! Yuck.

Personally, I hope this thing is torn down and a nice B&M compact hyper is built in its place.(if they insist on having a huge outdoor coaster) This ride was not worth the $40 million plus they've spent on it.

Personally, I hope this thing is torn down and a nice B&M compact hyper is built in its place.(if they insist on having a huge outdoor coaster) This ride was not worth the $40 million plus they've spent on it.

Unfortunately, it's still very popular with the average guest. They don't look at it like we do. They see it is, "Oooh, tall roller coaster red music fun ride yay!", and therefore, it's quite popular. The only way it would get torn down is if becomes such a big problem and gets in even worse condition.

But hey, it's still fun at night.

I love rough wooden coasters. I think Hulk still rides like it is on glass. ...And I cannot stand HRRR. Forget any opinion on its placement, the ride itself is not fun as it runs today. Its really uncomfortable in the areas it should be smooth, and the end of the course with all of the block breaks is just flat out clunky.

I may be in te minority but I enjoy rockit. Yea the theming is meh but the rid itself is good. Especially at night

Personally, I like HRRR. It's not my favorite coaster, not by a long shot, but it's not as rough as people say it is. I treat HRRR just like I treat Kumba or Montu: I sit up straight as I can and keep my head as still as possible. Works for me on those rougher coasters, works for me on HRRR. Haven't had an issue, though I would prefer the music offerings to be a little more varied. Besides that, only complaint is that I feel like I never have time to choose music when I'm boarding the coaster.

You know what would be a great way to fix this ride. They should get rid of the pre show videos and just play music on the ride. And expand the music selection. I would love to hear Helter Skelter by the Beatles or Tell Me Baby by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the ride. Just a thought!

The thing was down twice when I went by it yesterday. I can't remember the last time I visited and the thing didn't break down at least once...and I go to Universal weekly!

it was down when i went to Grad Bash. it was down. during. Grad Bash. you'd think they'd have had that fixed before a major event like that, nope it was down the whole night. i was disappointed i was in line for a really long time before they announced it finally.

You know what would be a great way to fix this ride. They should get rid of the pre show videos and just play music on the ride. And expand the music selection. I would love to hear Helter Skelter by the Beatles or Tell Me Baby by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the ride. Just a thought!

Yes. This.

Any RHCP song and I'd be set for life.

Personally, I like HRRR. It's not my favorite coaster, not by a long shot, but it's not as rough as people say it is. I treat HRRR just like I treat Kumba or Montu: I sit up straight as I can and keep my head as still as possible. Works for me on those rougher coasters, works for me on HRRR. Haven't had an issue, though I would prefer the music offerings to be a little more varied. Besides that, only complaint is that I feel like I never have time to choose music when I'm boarding the coaster.

I've had silky smooth rides, and then I've had some of the roughest rides of any coaster on HRRR. It's very off and on. Definitely positioning yourself helps to absorb the shakes a little better on rougher rides.

As far as music variety, I agree, but there's only so much they can do without making it too complicated, or slowing down the process and hurting hourly capacity. Have you tried the Hidden Tracks? At least it's a few more options :thumbs:

For the Hidden Tracks, hold the Rockit logo down for about 8 seconds, then when you release a number pad appears. Plug in your number and hit submit/enter.
Here's the list of known Hidden Tracks, from Attractions Magazine:

#101 – The Temples of Syrinx by Rush
#102 – Blues Before and After by The Smithereens
#103 – Break on Through by The Doors
#104 – Crocodile Rock by Elton John
#105 – Do it Again by Steely Dan
#106 – Don’t You by Candlebox
#107 – Drivin’ Rain by Gov’t Mule
#108 – 8 Miles High by The Byrds
#109 – Fantasy by Aldo Nova
#110 – Fool by Rollins Band
#111 – For The Love Of God by Steve Vai
#112 – Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
#113 – Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
#114 – Just Because by Jane’s Addiction
#115 – Live by Lenny Kravitz
#116 – Mexicola by Queens of The Stone Age
#121 – Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty
#122 – Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones
#123 – Stockholm Syndrom by Muse
#124 – Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
#125 – The Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd
#127 – Urgent by Foreigner
#128 – Vertigo by U2
#129 – Wheel in the Sky by Journey
#130 – Won’t Get Fooled Again by The Who
#131 – Klein Mandelbrot remix by The Blue Man Group
#132 – Drumbone by Blue Man Group
#301 – Float On by Modest Mouse
#302 – I Want You Back by The Jackson Five
#303 – In My Pocket by The Cat Empire
#304 – It’s Still Rock And Roll To Me by Billy Joel
#305 – Brothers Gonna Work it Out by Public Enemy
#306 – Lose Yourself by Eminem
#307 – Ride Like The Wind by Christopher Cross
#308 – Run to You by Bryan Adams
#309 – Save Room by John Legend
#310 – Vogue by Madonna
#311 – You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac
#312 – My Everything by Barry White
#504 – Smokin’ Gun by Robert Cray
#506 – The Thrill is Gone by BB King
#507 – Who Did You Think I Was by John Mayer Trio
#508 – Pivot by Dry
#701 – Cyanide by Metallica
#702 – Endangered Species by Flaw
#703 – For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica
#704 – Forever Down by Black Label Society
#705 – How Heavy This Axe by The Sword
#706 – Just One Fix by Ministry
#707 – Know your Enemy by Rage Against the Machine
#708 – Let’s Go by Ministry
#709 – Mouth for War by Pantera
#710 – Painkiller by Judas Priest
#711 – Paranoid by Black Sabbath
#712 – Temptation’s Wings by Down
#713 – The Wicker Man by Iron Maiden
#714 – Unreal by Ill Nino
#715 – Wake Up Dead by Megadeth
#716 – We Call This Mutha Revenge by Suicidal Tendencies
#718 – You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’ by Judas Priest
#772 – Dance or Die by Family Force 5 (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#773 – Mess of Me by Switchfoot (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#774 – Song by Casting Crown (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#775 – Song by Third Day (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#776 – Song by Brandon Heath (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#777 – Eastern Hymn by David Crowder Band (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#778 – Faceless by RED (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#779 – Song by Tenth Avenue North (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#780 – Zombie by Family Force 5
#781 – Song by Newsboys
#782 – Song by Skillet
#783 – Song by For King & Country
#784 – Song by Group 1 Crew
#785 – Song by Tenth Avenue North
#786 – Song by Tobymac
#901 – Movin’ Right Along by Kermit The Frog and Fozzy Bear
#902 – Rainbow Connection by The Muppets
#903 – Your Attitude Towards Cuttlefish by Paper Moon
#904 – Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky