Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I think its a success to the average joe at a theme park they would enjoy it. So gets a thumbs up from me! And did I say this is one of my favourite rides at orlando :lol:

When operational, Rockit is a cool ride. But due to it being plagued with problems, I voted FAILURE. A broken down coaster is fine for a Six Flags park, but in central FL, quality and durability are expected. And if you can't live up to expectations in Orlando, you deserve all the criticism you get. FAIL.

It was quoted and reported as being one of the most expensive coasters to be built in Orlando. It certainly never increased park attendance for the studios if you look at TEA reports as well as it is not a hot merchandise item compared to other such investments on that scale.

Maybe not a complete failure, but no where near an industry news maker for anything positive.

Honestly I like this ride. Yea it's rough but I LOVE the first drop and being able to ride with music on. I also love love love the back portion. I hate feeling like I've had a seizure but never once have I gotten off without a smile on my face whether it be laughing in pain or pleasantly suprised I dont have a headache :lol:

I find the theming to be decent, but it could get better. I can see Universal tweaking the theming while they upgrade T2 after Potter 2.0 opens. Other than that, I look at this as a coaster experience, and just the coaster alone it's a great ride.

I agree. A few tweaks could be made here in there. If HRRR was themed or branded after a movie with another scenery element it'd be even better. It's one of my favorite rides there no doubt, it's just an ugly red coaster in though! I've always though the front rides should be your best rides (for show ) anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I like this ride. Yea it's rough but I LOVE the first drop and being able to ride with music on. I also love love love the back portion. I hate feeling like I've had a seizure but never once have I gotten off without a smile on my face whether it be laughing in pain or pleasantly suprised I dont have a headache :lol:

As I've read the forums I've noticed people say HRRR is rough. I've never had a rough ride on this coaster. I've been over at least 30 or 40 times and not once have I had a headache or stiff neck or anything. Now the Hulk thats a different story. But as far as HRRR it's one of the smoothers coasters to me.

I agree. A few tweaks could be made here in there. If HRRR was themed or branded after a movie with another scenery element it'd be even better. It's one of my favorite rides there no doubt, it's just an ugly red coaster in though! I've always though the front rides should be your best rides (for show ) anyway

I don't know about a movie theme, but maybe a little more interaction in the queue would be great! That's my only problem with the ride as it is my favorite ride at USF.

Almost every other coaster at the park is themed after a movie, script, or cartoon I don't see a problem there.
What I mean is, if it were changed over to a Despicable Me coaster and had some extra elements to interact with the Despicable me ride. For an example.

But yes the ride if fine , thats just a personal preference for a movie theme of some sort, I mean Universals purpose is to let you ride the movies...
I think HRRR would be more reconizable. At any rate though I agree the ride is fine, it's also my favorite at USF. The queue, what is wrong with the queue? It has several TV's and MUSIC and is even covered.

Almost every other coaster at the park is themed after a movie, script, or cartoon I don't see a problem there.
What I mean is, if it were changed over to a Despicable Me coaster and had some extra elements to interact with the Despicable me ride. For an example.

But yes the ride if fine , thats just a personal preference for a movie theme of some sort, I mean Universals purpose is to let you ride the movies...
I think HRRR would be more reconizable. At any rate though I agree the ride is fine, it's also my favorite at USF. The queue, what is wrong with the queue? It has several TV's and MUSIC and is even covered.

Well, I do wish the video didn't have the characters in them. But now that I think about, exactly how can you improve this queue? Heck, maybe they don't need to, because the Hulk's queue is kinda the same thing. So okay there isn't a huge problem with the queue. At the end of the day, it's all about the ride.