Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I really dont understand what you all are expecting in terms of "theme" for a roller coaster in Production Central?

People just want this themed to a movie instead of music. They want this to fit with this area of rides based on movies. An idea is to change the coaster's building into a soundstage where you see some neat stuff in the queue, and then you shoot a movie on a roller coaster based on the film you are shooting. People love the interaction of picking your own song in Rockit, but they want based on a movie instead.

Well, I do wish the video didn't have the characters in them. But now that I think about, exactly how can you improve this queue? Heck, maybe they don't need to, because the Hulk's queue is kinda the same thing. So okay there isn't a huge problem with the queue. At the end of the day, it's all about the ride.
In the Hulks defense. He has a really cool building with some awesome affects. For Instance the chain lift on HRRR if it was enclosed with some lights sounds or whatever like the HUlk that would ADD to the experience. I'm not taking away anything from Rockit, but it's one of those coasters that you can add a bit here and there to make it work!

And you cant really change Rockits queue. It is as is. It's Just under a tent like structure.

People just want this themed to a movie instead of music. They want this to fit with this area of rides based on movies. An idea is to change the coaster's building into a soundstage where you see some neat stuff in the queue, and then you shoot a movie on a roller coaster based on the film you are shooting. People love the interaction of picking your own song in Rockit, but they want based on a movie instead.

They don't really need to build a soundstage around it...Good grief that area is soundstage central! lol. Change the preshow stuff and add a few things but I never really thought about it this way

They don't really need to build a soundstage around it...Good grief that area is soundstage central! lol. Change the preshow stuff and add a few things but I never really thought about it this way

That's just an idea in my head, but yeah they won't do it. What they could do (an idea not gonna happen) is theme it to the Hard Rock Cafe with all the great rock n roll memorabilia and watch old concerts on the TVs. Again that's an idea in my head, not in there's.

In the Hulks defense. He has a really cool building with some awesome affects. For Instance the chain lift on HRRR if it was enclosed with some lights sounds or whatever like the HUlk that would ADD to the experience. I'm not taking away anything from Rockit, but it's one of those coasters that you can add a bit here and there to make it work!

And you cant really change Rockits queue. It is as is. It's Just under a tent like structure.

I do agree that they should enclose the tower. And if they could, they should ditch the wall paper with a vertical LED screen, kinda what I think about when I see original concept art.

Damn, what happened? That looks super awesome how it cuts through the main road in Universal. Wow.

Beats me. I will say that they should look into this being an express pass participant, and being a ride for guests at City Walk when the time is right.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that was more of an advertisement piece then design concept art.

It has to be both, because it's very similar to what we see today.

I think it's a failure, it seems to me that I think it destroys a lot of themeing and doesn't live up to Universal's standards, I thought the ride was OK, But didn't live up to all the hype

Damn, what happened? That looks super awesome how it cuts through the main road in Universal. Wow.

I assumed that was supposed to be the "crowd surfing" section of the coaster... except that every time I've ridden, the exterior portion of the queue is empty, so there's no crowd to surf over!!!

I assumed that was supposed to be the "crowd surfing" section of the coaster... except that every time I've ridden, the exterior portion of the queue is empty, so there's no crowd to surf over!!!

Haha:lol: I've "Crowd Surfed" once. But it was during Halloween Horror nights. The line isn't usually long but that particular night it was! Hopefully if they do build another coaster it flies over one of their main walkways like Manta.