Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I am just saying, if you like a ride or not that is one thing, but when a 60 million dollar investment has to be questioned as a success or a failure, it is not a success.

I am just saying, if you like a ride or not that is one thing, but when a 60 million dollar investment has to be questioned as a success or a failure, it is not a success.

Id be curious to know how much Universal went over budget building and fixing this ride. Im sure in terms of dollars it wasn't a success for Universal but on a guest satisfaction level do you think the general public would give it a negative or positive vote in satisfactions polls? If it rated high with guest would it then be considered a success?

For coaster fans sure but for the cost of that attraction they could of built Two Tansformers or Two Mummy attractions(as each of those were around 30 million dollars each)

Which do you think satisfies more guests(sure some people like coasters more than dark rides, but that is a select grouping in comparison and you leave out a huge portion of your guests who come through the gates)

Where as themed attractions with merchandise and impressive for all ages and heights draw more people in and get them to spend more money, at sometimes half the cost. So well said to view it with all of those factors but even with those included the success lies in the rides that get people into the park, near everyone in the family or group can ride and enjoy, and the guests actually spend money on the merchandise or food/beverage items.

If there's one adjective to describe this coaster, it's inconsistent. I've had rides on Rockit that are plain torture, but then many other times have been fine and smooth... It all has to do with the car you get to ride. It's not like other coasters are perfect every time you ride them; even riding Hulk and Kraken I've banged my head pretty hard on a few occasions, though not nearly as often as I've had rough rides on Rockit.

They really should look into this. In the past, when the ride first opened, it had a lot more issues, including the speakers going out at times. I would let TMs know about it, and one time they even allowed me to re-ride right then (Went up, behind the control booth, and around to the loading area again). Now a days I feel like they have solved a lot of these issues and I get fewer rough rides than in the past. Although if the issue is the car, I guess I could have gotten the "good" cars more often, but I think they have indeed made improvements.

Anyways, back to my point, which is that they should really look into what cars are rough, and check these out for whatever the issues might be; calibration, wheels, whatever... I usually do take the time to let them know if the car I rode was very rough, but lately they don't even seem to take note of it. They should at least keep track of guest comments and look into it at a later time... :fist:

In a marketing angle, this has been a failure. But it is a success with the guests, because Rockit still gets good lines. Now will that be case when TF and Potter opens in that park, who knows. Maybe by then we'll see some improvements if there is a lost of interest in this ride. All I can say is what happened after ny first ride. Wow I want to go on this ride again!

In a marketing angle, this has been a failure. But it is a success with the guests, because Rockit still gets good lines. Now will that be case when TF and Potter opens in that park, who knows. Maybe by then we'll see some improvements if there is a lost of interest in this ride. All I can say is what happened after ny first ride. Wow I want to go on this ride again!

It does? :lol:

It was walk-on Dec 1st.

If there's one adjective to describe this coaster, it's inconsistent. I've had rides on Rockit that are plain torture, but then many other times have been fine and smooth... It all has to do with the car you get to ride. It's not like other coasters are perfect every time you ride them; even riding Hulk and Kraken I've banged my head pretty hard on a few occasions, though not nearly as often as I've had rough rides on Rockit.

They really should look into this. In the past, when the ride first opened, it had a lot more issues, including the speakers going out at times. I would let TMs know about it, and one time they even allowed me to re-ride right then (Went up, behind the control booth, and around to the loading area again). Now a days I feel like they have solved a lot of these issues and I get fewer rough rides than in the past. Although if the issue is the car, I guess I could have gotten the "good" cars more often, but I think they have indeed made improvements.

Anyways, back to my point, which is that they should really look into what cars are rough, and check these out for whatever the issues might be; calibration, wheels, whatever... I usually do take the time to let them know if the car I rode was very rough, but lately they don't even seem to take note of it. They should at least keep track of guest comments and look into it at a later time... :fist:

Amazing. I've had completely different experiences on this ride. It's one of the smoothest coasters if not the smoothest for me at UNI (With Hulk Being the roughest).

I just hope Rockit sticks around for a while. One of my favorite rides at the resort.

The Hulk has every right to give me an occasional rough ride, it's 14 years old. RockIt was giving rough rides in 2009...right after it opened.

It's just...there. I rarely ever go on it when I'm there. I don't avoid it (like Shrek) but it's a pretty forgettable coaster.
I agree. I enjoy it when I go on it, however I just never go on it. I just tend to pass it every time I see it. It's nothing special and honestly with how much land it takes up, the park would be better off without it.

I don't ride it too much. It's fun, but nothing really disappointing to miss. But to say it takes up space is not true...and to say that the park is better off with out it is also extreme. On busy days this has a long wait. It is a staple attraction. Do I wish it was never built? Definately! But do I think money should be spent on removing it when the only real negative things about it is that it mucks up themeing and has bad maintenance when it pulls good crowds away from other stuff? No way.

Ha. I would not mind in the next few years Universal getting a lot of dough from the manufacturer or a scrap yard for all the metal and letting the money go around the resort for other themed things.

Rockit has its problems but when it's running well, it's fairly unique, with plenty of air. I enjoy it.

From the park's standpoint, it has to be a huge disappointment. I'm not sure what capacity they expected, but they can't be coming close.

I don't ride it too much. It's fun, but nothing really disappointing to miss. But to say it takes up space is not true...and to say that the park is better off with out it is also extreme. On busy days this has a long wait. It is a staple attraction. Do I wish it was never built? Definately! But do I think money should be spent on removing it when the only real negative things about it is that it mucks up themeing and has bad maintenance when it pulls good crowds away from other stuff? No way.
How does it not take up space? All of the space in the back where the track is restricts any possible expansion of the Twister building or anything within the coasters limits for that matter. :lol:

How does it not take up space? All of the space in the back where the track is restricts any possible expansion of the Twister building or anything within the coasters limits for that matter. :lol:

There was never room to expand Twister anyways. 80% of rockit goes over back roads.The only space it takes up are the two grassy fields on the very corners, one extends into Citywalk, and the other is tiny and right next to back street as well. Nothing can be built ON back streets, so they built this OVER them.

There was never room to expand Twister anyways. 80% of rockit goes over back roads.The only space it takes up are the two grassy fields on the very corners, one extends into Citywalk, and the other is tiny and right next to back street as well. Nothing can be built ON back streets, so they built this OVER them.
The ride doesn't go into CityWalk. That area all the way down to BMG used to be a part of USF when Nick Studios was around, and while it may stretch outside of current park boundaries, I just don't see it as being out of the parks boundaries. There used to be a lot more substance back in that area.

The ride doesn't go into CityWalk. That area all the way down to BMG used to be a part of USF when Nick Studios was around.

Actually, the land that Rockit uses wasn't part of USF when Nick Studios was around. So technically the ride did use an existing empty parcel of Citywalk land.

794px-Nickelodeon_Studios_in_Hard_Rock_Cafe.jpg