Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody get me up to speed. so the dark ride is gone, but what's going on over in triceratops? is it going to be redone for a new area?

They use that plot for storage--ride vehicles, props, and set elements are often built there or repaired. The plot always seems pretty full of items and definitely not useless. Remember just because there's not a ride somewhere doesn't mean one can fit.

It's a lot easier to move those to another area. The Thunder Falls plot was always pinned as an expansion plot, not a maintenance area.

It's a lot easier to move those to another area. The Thunder Falls plot was always pinned as an expansion plot, not a maintenance area.

Yes plenty of other empty plots around the park..and in the studios..
Cool to hear we are getting a ride with Dinos..I have a feeling the dark ride was cut for something..bigger

I still wish they would do a flying coaster in an aviary type building like from JP3 (and also from the first book, which since IOA is based off of literature as opposed to movies it would fit). It would be completely invisible from outside the building, and massively themed inside of it.

No dark ride but maybe we could get a nice walk through attraction, nice scenery and new AA.

Any chance guys?

Let's just hope that the coaster is not another 66 second Vekoma coaster and is something a little more solid. Like Big Thunder. The space is definitely there in several areas. Discovery Center needs work and upgraded. Perhaps they can make the food better at Burger Digs. JPRA needs some upkeep and even a little adjustment in the actual show building. I welcome Camp Jurassic improvements. At almost 20 years old, I still like to hang around in Camp Jurassic. The cave could use some air fresheners, for sure. I would love if Camp got some indoor areas as well.

The dark ride will be mourned again, but then again we don't know if we were going to get something good or 'meh.' I trust Universal's judgement call and hopefully they use the cut budget to bulldoze Toon Lagoon someday!

I sure hope all if not some of these rumors are true.

I was a member a few years ago at the IOACentral boards and a someone there used to have Teebin-like riddles about a Jurassic Park expansion. Everyone believed him until a load of time went by and nothing was done around Jurassic Park. The member stopped posting and everyone was sorely disappointed.

Let's just hope that the coaster is not another 66 second Vekoma coaster and is something a little more solid. Like Big Thunder. The space is definitely there in several areas. Discovery Center needs work and upgraded. Perhaps they can make the food better at Burger Digs. JPRA needs some upkeep and even a little adjustment in the actual show building. I welcome Camp Jurassic improvements. At almost 20 years old, I still like to hang around in Camp Jurassic. The cave could use some air fresheners, for sure. I would love if Camp got some indoor areas as well.

The dark ride will be mourned again, but then again we don't know if we were going to get something good or 'meh.' I trust Universal's judgement call and hopefully they use the cut budget to bulldoze Toon Lagoon someday!

Just don't touch the Popeye ride.

Dudley is easily one of the worst rides anywhere. It's a great drop surrounded by crap.

I get people like it. I just for the life of me don't get HOW they like it.:inquisitive:

Status
Not open for further replies.