Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 735 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest things I noticed today, rockwork started going in, switch track was installed, track for the dive loop was delivered, maintenance building exterior is nearing completion on one side, and what looks like the second top hat support was being assembled on the ground.

IMG_5148.jpg
IMG_5127.jpg
img_5195-jpg.12450

IMG_5149.jpg
IMG_5192.jpg
IMG_5118.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5195.jpg
    IMG_5195.jpg
    974.8 KB · Views: 567
You know, they could just retheme Kong to a Jurassic World safari ride. Have some small dinosaurs AAs in the outdoor section, then enter a paddock or aviary. Have raptors, dilos, or pteranodons attack replace the cave, then you end up getting chased by the Indoraptor in the 360 segment while trying to escape, and replace the Kong AA with a mosasaurus (or full size T-Rex) after the most/indo segment in the 360 tunnel.
Don't put this evil on me, ricky Bobby

Its safe to assume now that the vertical concrete structure is an elevator shaft that will be enclosed by that whole show building and that the maintance bay and elevator showbuilding will eventually join as one and that more steel is going on top of the elevator shaft based on the supports sticking out of it and that all the showbuilding will be encased in beautiful rockwork right???????????

You know, they could just retheme Kong to a Jurassic World safari ride. Have some small dinosaurs AAs in the outdoor section, then enter a paddock or aviary. Have raptors, dilos, or pteranodons attack replace the cave, then you end up getting chased by the Indoraptor in the 360 segment while trying to escape, and replace the Kong AA with a mosasaurus (or full size T-Rex) after the most/indo segment in the 360 tunnel.
So change absolutely everything including all of the exterior and the only thing you’ll keep is the screens, vehicles and a little rockwork in the tunnel? The exterior is absolutely amazing and would have to get completely redone to a generic, what? Paddock?

Just tear the thing down at that point.

I’m guessing you haven’t seen Kong in person? Because a layover isn't realistic in any way.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
So change absolutely everything including all of the exterior and the only thing you’ll keep is the screens, vehicles and a little rockwork in the tunnel? The exterior is absolutely amazing and would have to get completely redone to a generic, what? Paddock?

Just tear the thing down at that point.

I’m guessing you haven’t seen Kong in person? Because a layover isn't realistic in any way.
I have not. I haven’t been to the parks since 2011. It was purely a hypothetical based on the discussion about a Jurassic attraction on that spot.

Reactions: Andysol
Biggest things I noticed today, rockwork started going in, switch track was installed, track for the dive loop was delivered, maintenance building exterior is nearing completion on one side, and what looks like the second top hat support was being assembled on the ground.

View attachment 12447
View attachment 12451
img_5195-jpg.12450

View attachment 12448
View attachment 12452
View attachment 12449
Ok, I saw the switch track (top pic) today and tried to get a pic, but my camera phone sux. Anyway, I can't figure out how it is going to work. It looks weird with the straight track on the left and the right curved track on the right, and then left curved track piece that doesn't line up with anything. Can someone diagram out the layout for the end run, maintenance bay, and load unload? Are we sure it's not a duel load?

Reactions: gabe3235
Ok, I saw the switch track (top pic) today and tried to get a pic, but my camera phone sux. Anyway, I can't figure out how it is going to work. It looks weird with the straight track on the left and the right curved track on the right, and then left curved track piece that doesn't line up with anything. Can someone diagram out the layout for the end run, maintenance bay, and load unload? Are we sure it's not a duel load?
Single load, and the track into maintenance runs parallel to end run beside it. The load station is really short.

EDIT: On mobile now sorry, but will draw something soon when I get a chance

Reactions: Disneyhead
Something like this from the looks of it
A4047EFD-DC0E-4013-9963-FA64ED0BE064.jpeg
Blue is storage, orange is the transfer track, and pink is the track switch.

Something like this from the looks of it
View attachment 12455
Blue is storage, orange is the transfer track, and pink is the track switch.
There ya go! Pretty much it!

But I think the transfer track is in the middle of maintenance, leaving storage tracks before AND after it. (3 at back and 2 in front + the access track out of maintenance),

There ya go! Pretty much it!

But I think the transfer track is in the middle of maintenance, leaving storage tracks before AND after it. (3 at back and 2 in front + the access track out of maintenance),
So then we can assume that this ride can run at least 5 trains on its course. Nice high capacity coaster. Will be interesting to see how this does with a single load/unload area. I don’t think there’s ever been a coaster that runs with that many trains with only one load platform. Must be a slow moving end scene to the coaster after the final brake run. Good info @Alicia !!!

They’ll have to park them in the station one by one and reverse them on and off the transfer track to get them into the storage. Getting them off will be super quick tho as they can advance them into the ride and park them on the final brakes while others are released from the storage area.

Let's debate rollercoaster element terminology for a moment, shall we?

The Amusementinsider channel has been adamant that the first launch goes into an immelman, which traditionally is a half loop followed by a roll off the top to change directions. However, in their NoLimits POV, despite saying it's an immelman and twists off the top, the track overbanks then levels out to the drop.

What makes that specifically an immelman and not just a climbing turnaround of some kind?

Let's debate rollercoaster element terminology for a moment, shall we?

The Amusementinsider channel has been adamant that the first launch goes into an immelman, which traditionally is a half loop followed by a roll off the top to change directions. However, in their NoLimits POV, despite saying it's an immelman and twists off the top, the track overbanks then levels out to the drop.

What makes that specifically an immelman and not just a climbing turnaround of some kind?
It's an immelmann that doesn't invert technically, but there's no specific name that's widely used for that.

Reactions: Alicia and WillQ92
It's an immelmann that doesn't invert technically, but there's no specific name that's widely used for that.
That's what I figured. I think there's technically junior immelmanns that don't fully invert, but to me it doesn't exactly look like one. But we've gotta wait until they top that section off. I'm hoping it levels out sooner rather than later so we get some sick lats and airtime at the top.

So then we can assume that this ride can run at least 5 trains on its course. Nice high capacity coaster. Will be interesting to see how this does with a single load/unload area. I don’t think there’s ever been a coaster that runs with that many trains with only one load platform. Must be a slow moving end scene to the coaster after the final brake run. Good info @Alicia !!!

4 trains would be able to operate, with a 5th in maintenance.

Train 1 at Station
Train 2 at the first launch block
Train 3 at the second launch block
Train 4 waiting to enter station

A 5th train would just cause a cascade.

Status
Not open for further replies.