Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is gonna have the same effect the little mermaid had on me. The exterior looks amazing but the ride is lame.

I think he was referring to the oddly short turn radius for the RV as compared to an actual truck of comparable size. A turn that tight for the vehicle that RV is attempting to emulate shouldn't be possible. This is mainly due to all the wheels being able to turn.

Thank you.

Im gonna go all Debbie Downer on this. With the length of the rv and the length of the outdoor track, the outdoor portion seems kind of like a ....waste. Yes I know majestic doors and all that. But with the scale of the temple, size of the trucks, everything, it makes that outdoor ride seem puny.
I'll be a Debbie downer too. It looks so unrealistic, with the way the vehicle is turning. Also, hope they slow it down, that outdoor portion is 10 seconds long. Looks lame ngl and with the screenz, not looking forward to it.
:saywhat:

I think he was referring to the oddly short turn radius for the RV as compared to an actual truck of comparable size. A turn that tight for the vehicle that RV is attempting to emulate shouldn't be possible. This is mainly due to all the wheels being able to turn.
Isn't that what 4 wheel drive is?

The fact the vehicle can make sharp turns is a positive. If it couldn't make a good turn, then I would think it was a problem. I just don't understand what the discussion on the past few pages was all about. Maybe I'm just dense, I don't know. But this seems terribly inconsequential, especially to say an entire ride is going to be bad or a failure because it can make a tight turn. :blank:

@Teebin, he was referring how silly the other comments were in response to the sharp turn made by the vehicle. i find this exceptionally funny given the fact that a) we've known about the immense size of this vehicle for a long while, b) we've also known that it's run by a crab-steering system made for transporting cargo on flat land, and c) this outdoor scene is shorter than expected, and thank goodness that it is. you'll see the temple in the queue, and you'll see it once again when you approach it. as you step outside, you also don't want everyone's eyes to get too used to the light, so heading back into the showbuilding with relative haste is more beneficial than you'd think.

in other news, i just died (and spilled my wine) because of that short testing snippet.

What people are saying (as i interpret it):

The vehicle isn't tracking around the sharp turn the way you'd expect a large vehicle of that size to move. Both axles are steering through the curve.

In most vehicles - 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive - one axle steers and the other is fixed and sort of gets dragged/pushed around. That's how you "swing" the butt of a car around a corner and do donuts and all that fun stuff. Front or rear wheel drive just determines if it's the front or back that's powered and with 4 wheel they're all powered but only one still steers (if i recall correctly).

The thing that makes it look "weird" is that the front and back axles are steering independently. It makes total sense for how the vehicle is actually made, but for a real cargo truck it's odd and unexpected. For a vehicle of that size to move that way you'd normally need two drivers - like how some fire trucks have the second person.

Some basic tweaking of the chosen path where the vehicle cuts the corner tight in the front and swings wide in the back at the apex of the turn would make it look much more natural.

Long story short: The tire path of the front and back axles shouldn't match for it to look like a "real" truck.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.