Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could only work chest up. The jeep has a roof so looking up at the thing would be very hard. That and the original kong AAs were chest up anyways, I'm sure it'll be awesome no matter what

And it could be awesome as the stance the WETA kong takes in the recent depictions is like a Silverback Gorilla, often walking on four legs. I am thinking we are going to get a Face to Face with Kong while he is on his fists, so his backside would not be within show but going into the darkness and scenic.

Reactions: Ryno27
First image of the vehicle officially released by Orlando Sentinel:

400x225

I'm all excited again ;)

I love when a creative team manages to surprise me. We had debated if they'd have live actors or a digital character.. We never assumed different live actors portrayed digitally.

I'm not sure it's digital or not. Sounds like this might be actual live actors in the vehicles.

But this was suppose to be a copy of Hollywood they said....just the SCREENZ with a fancy facade...I am hyped

Drivers include Becky (a cowgirl), Will Denham (adventurous cousin of a movie director), Jinks Costanza (ex-con from New York City), Kalana (descendant of the island's natives) and Doc (paleontology student). Out of all these I think Kalana and Jinks would be the most intriguing

But this was suppose to be a copy of Hollywood they said....just the SCREENZ with a fancy facade...I am hyped

Drivers include Becky (a cowgirl), Will Denham (adventurous cousin of a movie director), Jinks Costanza (ex-con from New York City), Kalana (descendant of the island's natives) and Doc (paleontology student). Out of all these I think Kalana and Jinks would be the most intriguing
All the names and characters sound absolutely terrible. I have faith that they will hopefully flesh them out / give them subtext / purpose.

I'm not sure it's digital or not. Sounds like this might be actual live actors in the vehicles.

There haven't been audition notices for any of the other types though. Unless they just expect to make the various operations TMs fit one of the roles - but none of the opening team has been told they'd have to perform in that manner.

I'm glad they finally secured drivers willing to work the same job for the next 20 years...

It just hit me that the one thing I don't know if they are now running more than one vehicle at a time at this point. That's kinda important, huh.

Thanks Teebin. That was my thought when I saw this article. It can't be live actors because those roles are specific and if someone calls out that means that scenario isn't playing that day. I don't think this is live actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.