Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truck blueprint in episode 2 is the original concept art for reign of kong it looks way smaller than the truck we have in real life

The truck blueprint in episode 2 is the original concept art for reign of kong it looks way smaller than the truck we have in real life

My understanding and what I've seen suggests the original vehicle concept was more like the traditional USH tram with two articulated segments but I could be wrong.

we will be there June 22,23,24.. should be good timing :) but.. I hope its not so packed that we cant get on it - not sure when we will be back. I am assuming there will be no express pass for this at least in the begnining

What do you all mean by hydraulics? Shock absorbers?

My original point was regarding the motion to simulate rough roads and being hit my a 'monster'.
Looking at the vehicle it looks built on a solid frame so I'm assuming a dynamic floor will be used much like Kong360.

Which brings the question that perhaps the only location in the ride we get jocked around is during the screen scene??

The only hydraulics i've seen so far are on the top of the RV and are clearly used for lifting the side gates for loading and unloading

The different driver aspect, even if pre-recorded/animatronic is a genius level of immersion.

If it were simply one program repeating it would be painfully obvious as other vehicles pick up and unload that it is always the same person.

Also, the video answers our question. No restraints, just ingenious designed safety wires along the vehicle.

I remember Teebin posting that he has never seen concept art so deceieving but out of all the theme park concept art I have seen produced in the last 20 years, this may be the most accurate to the final product.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
Man going to be there April 30th ! Crossin my fingers I can see softs if not I'll have to wait to hhn...and that would mean seeing things that are different then when it first opens... We shall see

My original point was regarding the motion to simulate rough roads and being hit my a 'monster'.
Looking at the vehicle it looks built on a solid frame so I'm assuming a dynamic floor will be used much like Kong360.

Which brings the question that perhaps the only location in the ride we get jocked around is during the screen scene??

The only hydraulics i've seen so far are on the top of the RV and are clearly used for lifting the side gates for loading and unloading

Yes, the floor will move, like Kong360 or Earthquake/Disaster... at least according to what I have heard. The vehicles only drive through. They will get locked in to a base in 2 or 3 scenes throughout the ride for the floor to do all the work at those points. One will be the big 360 scene, but there looks like there may be 1 or 2 before it as well with motion bases. (But I could be wrong.)

The different driver aspect, even if pre-recorded/animatronic is a genius level of immersion.

If it were simply one program repeating it would be painfully obvious as other vehicles pick up and unload that it is always the same person.

Also, the video answers our question. No restraints, just ingenious designed safety wires along the vehicle.

I remember Teebin posting that he has never seen concept art so deceieving but out of all the theme park concept art I have seen produced in the last 20 years, this may be the most accurate to the final product.
yeah love the idea
certainly helps re ride-ability

The road is bumpy and the big heaving of the vehicle will be exactly the same as Kong360. It's built into the floor. Anyone wondering should watch the making of 360 on youtube.

What's that I spy in the driver's seat? Is it a steering wheel with shadow or the top of the head of one of our "drivers."
Image1_5.png~original

Last edited:
we will be there June 22,23,24.. should be good timing :) but.. I hope its not so packed that we cant get on it - not sure when we will be back. I am assuming there will be no express pass for this at least in the begnining

It will have express. Every major ride except HP stuff has opened with express. I don't think Kong will go against this trend.

One thing we haven't talked about is early one we talked about how many vehicles can be on the track at once. I would based on the number of characters that at least 5 will be out there at one time.

As for other questions asked thru this post today...

360 motion base, we have known that for a long time. 2 stops, once in the 360 screens and one other time. If you look at the video of the testing vehicle you can clearly see it moving back and forth, so there will be general movement on the bumpy path because it is a big vehicle and it is going to move. So you will feel like you are on a bumpy path because you are on a bumpy path. No motion base is needed for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: darby427
This is a really exciting surprise!!! This will add so much to the re rideability, it adds to many possibilities too. Some could live, some could die, some make you feel welcome, some don't, some could give you different backgrounds on certain areas, some can bring you more into the original story (denim), but all can make this ride more emotional and more personal. An area I feel, universal is lacking. A gigantic YES!!!

I love all of these "trackless vehicles confirmed!" posts. How many years ago did I post this video???

Everyone here has known it was trackless for months and months. That is basically the chassis underneath these trucks! VDL is the vendor!

I have a buddy who's a merchant marine and interacts with those loaders a lot when at port, says they run damn smooth.

With their reliability and the limiting mechanical features on these vehicles, this attraction should see very little down time once the growing pains are over.

.....I'd say the biggest performance risk will be the Kong AA, to no surprise.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.