Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Teebin. That was my thought when I saw this article. It can't be live actors because those roles are specific and if someone calls out that means that scenario isn't playing that day. I don't think this is live actors.

I agree - but that isn't quite how a things work. The actors in the parks have different roles they can do. If they went with live actors, they'd schedule a few at a time for each role - have them switch off for sets, and have various overlapping shifts.

Worst case scenario is being short a person but that usually doesn't happen because they typically have someone with the skill set somewhere in the park working. Sometimes there's a lot of shuffling to make things work but it's rare that a major show will go down over not having an actor.

There's also different contracts. The top ranked actors for a given role get there by being reliable and so get scheduled it the most. All the ranked actors under them in pool want those contracts and the hours so they are very willing to show up with little notice or jump up from say being a fur character to being a stunt performer with hazard pay on a given day.

Reactions: Mike S
I agree - but that isn't quite how a things work. The actors in the parks have different roles they can do. If they went with live actors, they'd schedule a few at a time for each role - have them switch off for sets, and have various overlapping shifts.

Worst case scenario is being short a person but that usually doesn't happen because they typically have someone with the skill set somewhere in the park working. Sometimes there's a lot of shuffling to make things work but it's rare that a major show will go down over not having an actor.

There's also different contracts. The top ranked actors for a given role get there by being reliable and so get scheduled it the most. All the ranked actors under them in pool want those contracts and the hours so they are very willing to show up with little notice or jump up from say being a fur character to being a stunt performer with hazard pay on a given day.
I think the main reason they would be digital would be money, no? I don't know how theme park actors work and if they even have unions but I can't imagine the cost with this thing running 12 hours a day. Now, maybe if they're miming like what they do with Bill and Ted, Sinbad, etc.....

Last edited:
From what I have heard so far they are using or have tried using live actors because many of the "laid off" Beetlejuice cast sticked around and got contracted on a undisclosed project.

Reactions: Brervixen
You might want to re-read up on Will Denham ;)
The supposed lead of the new movie, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston? Even though there's not supposed to be a connection.

Or shall I refer to him as Jack Black's son (but here he's a cousin?)

I think having different drivers is an interesting element to include but don't see it making or breaking the experience (for me).

All-in-all, I'm still tragically confused as to WTF is actually going on in this attraction and why/how you'd bring a tanker like that to a primative island. Suspension of disbelief, I guess.

Last edited:
Hmm so Teebin will the five different vehicles be marked to tell us which driver is with which it will it be Star Tours-like and be just randomized? (the refers to both digital and live)

Myth Explorer Episode 2 released today. The link is not fully active yet but it opens up a blank video window with "released 2/15/16" at the bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
The front of the vehicles looks a bit ridiculous. It's quite a rig though, I'd love to see the tech built underneath those lower side panels.
The detailing is great, even down to the dusty windshield.

Do we have any confirmation on whether the vehicle is rigged with hydraulics or if the floor will be dynamic?

Also, anyone else thing this was taken just off the loading station?

Kong Truck.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27
Some more info:

Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride vehicles and drivers revealed

SIROK-Vehicle-Spec-Sheet-1.jpg

The front of the vehicles looks a bit ridiculous. It's quite a rig though, I'd love to see the tech built underneath those lower side panels.

Yeah, I think the ride chassis delivered must have been off the shelf VDL, thus the stupid wide bumper to cover it all up. They look stupid compared to the dreamy concept art.

Reactions: alomar
Since the drivers have all been given names and descriptions, seems pretty obvious that we won't be seeing live actors on this. My guess is that your driver dies, and one of the "team" members you meet along the way drive you to safety.

I'm glad they finally secured drivers willing to work the same job for the next 20 years...

It just hit me that the one thing I don't know if they are now running more than one vehicle at a time at this point. That's kinda important, huh.

I mean theme park roles. How many Beckets and Celestinas are there?

Reactions: fryoj and JoeCamel
The detailing is great, even down to the dusty windshield.

Do we have any confirmation on whether the vehicle is rigged with hydraulics or if the floor will be dynamic?

Also, anyone else thing this was taken just off the loading station?

View attachment 1653

If the info sheet from Orlando Informer is accurate, then I'd say the hydraulics will be part of the vehicle given the 17 ton weight.

If a driver gets ripped out from the vehicle, I'd like the see the truck damaged when we leave, showing the door missing. Even if it hides under the truck something similar to this:

Universal Creative must be reading the OU Forums. They've taken a page from Teebin's 'cryptic clues" and now they're giving out their own" cryptic clues", leaving us to guess ourselves to death. Like a modern day ominous Dementor, only dealing with death from hyper curiosity & overt speculation.. ;)

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB
Status
Not open for further replies.