Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You are so ignorance. It has an amazing backstory:
Once it was aiece of old Florida land, then it became a parkinglot when a magical film company opend a theme park there. People of all over the world came (except narrow minded Disney lovers). Then a other company came and redeveloped it into CityWalk, then another company came and did it better, the end.
I personaly think it beats the bs of the Disney Springs back story.

Skull island is an Island. It says so in the title, get over it.

You two could always find a middle ground and call it a peninsula. :)

Once it was aiece of old Florida land, then it became a parkinglot when a magical film company opend a theme park there. People of all over the world came (except narrow minded Disney lovers). Then a other company came and redeveloped it into CityWalk, then another company came and did it better, the end.

Let's calm down a bit. No need to be confrontational.

Reactions: twebber55

The person I responded too understood the Sarcasm lol.

I don't mean to prolong this "Island or not and Island" thing... but i'm going to. My personal opinion is a singular ride does not make a land. If Forbidden Journey or Gringotts existed just on it's own, no Hogsmeade or Diagon, I would not consider that a land.

On the other hand, Hogsmeade and Diagon could exist on their own, no rides at all, and i'd consider that a land. The theming alone is an attraction unto itself and an immersive experience.

Reactions: TheDecemberists
Does anyone know how the main AA Kong is positioned?
Do we only see his upper body like on the old ride or will be see him whole and will he be on all 4 or will it raise up? Does anyone know?

Does anyone know how the main AA Kong is positioned?
Do we only see his upper body like on the old ride or will be see him whole and will he be on all 4 or will it raise up? Does anyone know?
Pretty sure from shoulders up only, to give the impression that he's like 50 feet tall

Well if you look at what Creature Technologies does, they are experts in large walking animatronics.

They are puppets, not animatronics. They also are for shows and not something that has to reset and occur hundreds of times daily 365 days a year. What they do for plays and shows would never work for a ride.

Reactions: greendude33
They are puppets, not animatronics. They also are for shows and not something that has to reset and occur hundreds of times daily 365 days a year. What they do for plays and shows would never work for a ride.
No, Those walking with Dinosaurs and How To Train Your Dragon characters are for the most part programmed automatic aninatronics. They have a track record of building durable large scale figures.

One day for one of Universal's Attractions, I hope they have team members ride with normal guests and when your driver or guide of whatever ride vehicles disappears in the story line (Totally Awesome) The team member (who appears as a normal dressed guest, volunteers to finish the ride story off by guiding us. That'd be awesome haha. With everything, I'm interested in the ride vehicle and how it will be operated the most at this point.

Reactions: martymcflyy85