Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ambiance of the queue is almost as important as the actual ride to me. All of my favorite attractions have great queues also. If a ride has a poor or rope type queue I just can't rank it with my top attractions.
Though I don't know what's going on on the Harry Potter rides, they all have fantastic queues. Especially Forbidden Journey. I would go and say Forbidden Journey has the third best ride queue at UOR for me.

I'm excited to hear the details of this queue. ^^^whats your one and two queue? Mummy is number one for me with FJ second, Diagon third

The recent talk about the Kong animatronic is very exciting! Hopefully we get to spend some quality time with him on the ride, relatively-speaking, and aren’t quickly driven past him. I know we’re probably getting nowhere near the amount of facetime with him that we got on Kongfrontation, but hopefully it’s a bit more lingering than just a quick drive-by.

And for the record, Kongfrontation is still one of the most impressive attractions ever built! Here's hoping Skull Island is a true successor in every sense of the word!

I'm excited to hear the details of this queue. ^^^whats your one and two queue? Mummy is number one for me with FJ second, Diagon third
Well I like real sets and creativity. Universal does an excellent job at "easing your mind" before you actually get on the ride.

For me personally E.T. has the best queue.

My next favorite is M.I.B.

That's just me though.

imo, FJ and Gringotts are easily the most immersive queues. The wow factor is beyond compare.

However, Potter has a huge leg up in that you are already in an immersive environment prior to entering the rides. Rides like Mummy and MIB are stand-alones and you basically just walk in off the street, so the immersion hasn't had as much time to build. At least for me.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Sounds like what my reaction would have been. It was dated... horribly forced perspective and clanky undetailed Kong movement... It was a mega version of Twister and Disaster. I have no use for that junk in todays world of CGI and character mastery.

Basically. Jaws was still by far the most "realistic" of the USF originals, and the only one that really held up past 1998-ish.

Reactions: Ryno27
Interesting look at Kong today. They have one door up and covered with a white sheet. For this size door you would think it would take a serious opener to operate it.

A single worker needed the door open so he grabbed it and pushed! Not hard! Amazing that it took so little effort to swing that door. No sure where they stashed the other door, on the previous picture of the doors being installed the yoke was on the back of the door so they could not have hung it that way and the crane is not here right now so maybe they laid it on the roof until they are ready to hang it.

The doors will be balanced so a push from one hand can move them, those hinges that were shown on the ground for a month have some serious engineering behind them.

Last edited:
If Kong doesn't come with food, is it still a "Land"?

"Land" is an arbitrary term. I consider a land something that has a larger over arching theme, set design, and maybe plot separate from a ride. Food is just one of the things you get to differentiate and expand but is not required.

"Land" is an arbitrary term. I consider a land something that has a larger over arching theme, set design, and maybe plot separate from a ride. Food is just one of the things you get to differentiate and expand but is not required.
Great points. Traditionally "Land" had to include 2+ attractions and some kind of eatery. Universal isn't traditional so this should be cool how this fit's in. with the transitions at islands.

Well if Universal is going to advertise Kong as it's own land then City Walk may as well be a land too. Haha :tongue:
You are so ignorance. It has an amazing backstory:
Once it was aiece of old Florida land, then it became a parkinglot when a magical film company opend a theme park there. People of all over the world came (except narrow minded Disney lovers). Then a other company came and redeveloped it into CityWalk, then another company came and did it better, the end.
I personaly think it beats the bs of the Disney Springs back story.

Skull island is an Island. It says so in the title, get over it.