So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This could tie into Disneyhead's 1.25 statement he made earlier with Nintendo using the expansion pads early as well.
I heard "More Nintendo ASAP" and MiB looked like where it was going to land. Supposedly to open about a year after phase 1. If they shove the start of phase one back a year, then it all starts at the same time.

And, ET may be on the chopping block again too...

Rip Tear Kill

I know people love ET, but Nintendo is an unprecedented opportunity for Universal to give their flagship park in Orlando Something to rival (and possible surpass) Disney’s Fantasylanf pull. It should be the biggest and best it can be. Give Nintendo all the space possible to play with

Those rides weren’t doing squat to bring people in for a good decade in the aughts.

Maybe it’s time for people to realize the classic Universal attractions were a niche product in the last years of their lives.

That can be said for any classic attraction anywhere. :lol:

Reactions: Nick and Legacy
Leaving the flagship park with none of the attractions that made it the flagship park.
More Nintendo would make it more of a flagship park than ET ever could.

It’s only since the arrival of Harry Potter that any specific aspect of either park has been irreplaceable. That’s why the resort played a constant second fiddle until the wizard showed up. Every addition/replacement prior to (and other than) HP resulted in spurts but nothing constant. HP and Nintendo are steady.

ET is a classic; fun, unique in the resort, but janky as hell. It always has been. It would be disappointing to see it go, but if it’s replaced by modern rides with more popularity it’s for the best.

Heck, people have been trying to figure out when Kid Zone is closing for the last four years. I seriously doubt anyone has any real info on ET staying, closing or when. It's just personal speculation on individual poster's part. :)
If E.T. can just last until the end of 2019, when a close friend of mine's first trip to Florida will be, than I'll be okay. The original E.T. is her favorite film.

Those rides weren’t doing squat to bring people in for a good decade in the aughts.

Maybe it’s time for people to realize the classic Universal attractions were a niche product in the last years of their lives.
I'd say ET had a bit of an advantage because it was literally the only gentle ride at the parks back in the day..

If they tore out the bulk of ET's scenes and redid them as new construction today with updated effects and techniques, it'd be a nifty little ride. The ride system and concept isnt inherently flawed.
What? You don't like Sears mannequins on a turntable? Or is it the alien acid trip that needs work in you eyes?

They did add LED strobe light flashes to the alien party scene to give the illusion of more action going on a few years ago, so there's *some* new technology for you.

What? You don't like Sears mannequins on a turntable? Or is it the alien acid trip that needs work in you eyes?

They did add LED strobe light flashes to the alien party scene to give the illusion of more action going on a few years ago, so there's *some* new technology for you.

Imagine if the alien scenes used the plantlife tech they use for Pandora, and if the AA's were at least the level of SSE, maybe the vehicles (police cars) in the ride the same level as the Fast and Furious cars on robots.

Reactions: Ashhanbre