Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe when the scoop is going backwards after the fireball explosion if you look up you can see the infastructure iron work theming of the bridge appear to be damaged.

Yep, that's the part, but the bridge comes down slightly. I never noticed it before, but after I read about it here, I looked for it and there it was! Noticeable if you're looking up at that point. Just another little detail that makes this a great ride! :thumbs:

I believe when the scoop is going backwards after the fireball explosion if you look up you can see the infastructure iron work theming of the bridge appear to be damaged.

It helps to think of it as an overpass slab falling on one end, kinda like the bridges did in the '89 San Fran earthquake.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/2005/15/images/fig36.jpg

It doesn't fall very much or very fast so it was a wee bit of a waste. Perhaps the new ride focuses the angle upward more so you can see it.

Last edited:
I kind of miss the old hardware sign on the transition between Webbing you down from here and the Hydroman/Electro scene. It is now a Hess sign. ha

Got to check it out 5 times over the past two days and everything (that I noticed) worked every time. I tried to stop by later yesterday and the express line was literally almost out into the street.

They're also policing those glasses very carefully.

They're also policing those glasses very carefully.

Thanks for reminding us. The glasses are expensive lil units. So, how are they checking for them when one gets off the ride. Do they let you chuck them into a bin still? Do they feel slightly heavier on the nose than the old tech polarized? They shouldn't scratch as last I read they should be glass lenses.

Last edited:
No bin chucking here they have stationed one person to physically take the glasses from you as well as another at the base of the line to keep an eye out.

Thanks for reminding us. The glasses are expensive lil units. So, how are they checking for them when one gets off the ride. Do they let you chuck them into a bin still? Do they feel slightly heavier on the nose than the old tech polarized? They shouldn't scratch as last I read they should be glass lenses.

All my trips through they funneled the guests getting off the ride into a small line between an employee and a bin. The employee was watching each and every guest and made sure they "chucked" them into the bin. I never saw an employee in that position take their eye off guests for a second.

Personally, I didn't think they were noticeably heavier. One of the pairs I grabbed seemed to have some marks on the lenses, but when I put them on it wasn't noticeable.

No bin chucking here they have stationed one person to physically take the glasses from you as well as another at the base of the line to keep an eye out.

Bout time. Everytime I have ridden there were always two people standing around like knitwits pointing to the bins... sorta... mostly they were just chatting with the person at the podium dispatchy thingy. Now they are security guards.

All my trips through they funneled the guests getting off the ride into a small line between an employee and a bin. The employee was watching each and every guest and made sure they "chucked" them into the bin. I never saw an employee in that position take their eye off guests for a second.

Personally, I didn't think they were noticeably heavier. One of the pairs I grabbed seemed to have some marks on the lenses, but when I put them on it wasn't noticeable.

So one chuck and one no-chuck. hmmmm. The old scratched plastic drove me bonkers.. so glad you experienced no problems.

Last edited:
As I have gone I actually went to chuck them in and the guy was like no I will take that please. So I guess there are already employees who are like ehh I'm not touching those.

Got to ride it tonight finally. Got in line around 6pm and waited a little over an hour. The enhancements are great! The new picture quality looks amazing and the sound effects really add to the ride. I did prefer the old music, but the new stuff is fine too.

I placed the glasses into the bin myself, obviously not chucking it, but there was a person there by the bin looking at the people as they returned the glasses.
BTW, they are sturdy plastic, but not as heavy or as thick as I expected. Quite light and comfortable to wear!

As I have gone I actually went to chuck them in and the guy was like no I will take that please. So I guess there are already employees who are like ehh I'm not touching those.

Haha the new system works great except for the one guest I saw who chucked the glasses not at the bin, but at the employee, who dropped it because his hands were full.

I'm so glad to read mostly all positive feedback from this upgrade. Sounds like the ride is bringing in some big crowds. Most people have waited over an hour that I've seen. I'm assuming Express is still open for this right? I'm staying at the Hard Rock next month...

I'm so glad to read mostly all positive feedback from this upgrade. Sounds like the ride is bringing in some big crowds. Most people have waited over an hour that I've seen. I'm assuming Express is still open for this right? I'm staying at the Hard Rock next month...

Express is still open and single riders is open occasionally. I waited 15 minutes in the single riders line on Sunday when the regular line was 55 minutes. :thumbs:

Reactions: 1.21Gigawatts
Same here. Sunday night the regular line was 50 minutes and the line so long it went to the overflow queue, so it's definitely pulling in big crowds. I also waited about 15 mins on single riders' line and Express, which comes in next to single riders', was definitely open and pretty full too.

Reactions: 1.21Gigawatts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlu3z5cGSk

If you go by this more recent video it looks like not only is the fog blast effect working for Hydroman's finale as well as the light from Doc's gravity cannon "Good enough for your sitting Duck friends" backlight is also working. In general looks like the ride is looking better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlu3z5cGSk

If you go by this more recent video it looks like not only is the fog blast effect working for Hydroman's finale as well as the light from Doc's gravity cannon "Good enough for your sitting Duck friends" backlight is also working. In general looks like the ride is looking better and better.

Great to see these effects back on again. Is the green light on when Doc Oc shoots the Statue of Liberty head and the crate before the tunnel?

I never witnessed the smoke from behind the crates being lifted. There is so much on this attraction they can actually allow to not function as it is all gravy.

I think that is what really makes this attraction so great. Not so much the tech, but with any great attraction the way it is implemented. The execution of it all. That box being lifted's smoke was getting weaker in the years so it was easy to miss. The ride's elements like that are just sensory overload. It is classic magic trick.

I also like the bonus of having the audio I never noticed before the refurb. "YOU MISSED, BLAST THEM AGAIN!" from the villains behind you. An audio bit that convinces you they are still behind you attempting to stop ya.

Last edited: