Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Funny story since this topic was bumped...I experienced my first stop on Spidey a few weeks ago. I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner because I've ridden it many many times. Anyways, we got stopped between when you first see the Sinister Syndicate and the Electro scene (right under the pipes). The ride audio continued until I believe the Hydro scene. Then the motion happened without any sound or video. So we slowly approached the Electro scene, bobbled for a second, then the vehicle suddenly shook violently (the power plug part). It was hilarious. We got a re-ride though, it was great.

Funny story since this topic was bumped...I experienced my first stop on Spidey a few weeks ago. I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner because I've ridden it many many times. Anyways, we got stopped between when you first see the Sinister Syndicate and the Electro scene (right under the pipes). The ride audio continued until I believe the Hydro scene. Then the motion happened without any sound or video. So we slowly approached the Electro scene, bobbled for a second, then the vehicle suddenly shook violently (the power plug part). It was hilarious. We got a re-ride though, it was great.

Awesome! I've stopped 4-5 times on Spidey. My favorite one stopped right at the entrance to the tunnel. Then the rest of the ride continued without any audio. It was so awkward :lol:

I rode it today & the collapsing building practical effect wasnt working as it was just down, so it was weird seeing just the video part & not the physical building drop down, hope they fix that pronto as thats one of the best parts of the ride!

This exact same thing happened to me in October! :lol: The re-ride was the best part!

Speaking of awkward ride problems, I was on Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey on December 11th, 2011 and in the scene where you finally get out of the observatory and are supposed to meet up with Harry and Ron, only Ron was in the video. Harry didn't appear at all and plus there was no sound at all through the whole ride. :inquisitive:

Only been on it 3 times and the third time we made it most of the way through until the falling scene. All the screens on the ride went out and the lights came on. It was actually very weird going through that scene when it happened as the ride seemed to continue as normal. There was about 30 seconds of audio but it cut out but all the props and ride vehicles just continues on their path. It is weird watching all the props rise and you know what is meant to be happening and your just staying still.

I am sure this sign has been there since the upgrades. I just don't remember seeing it posted. So . . .

SM3DGlassesSign.jpg

I am sure this sign has been there since the upgrades. I just don't remember seeing it posted. So . . .

SM3DGlassesSign.jpg

I saw this on my last two trips (nov-dec)
I guess that since TV's use these glasses now
people have been taking them
I doubt they are really tracked
They must loose a few a day from normal forgetfulness

I saw this on my last two trips (nov-dec)
people have been taking them
I doubt they are really tracked
They must loose a few a day from normal forgetfulness

highly doubt they are tracked as well. Unless this is UO/IOA next gen initiative rfid chips in 3d glasses:rofl:

Wrongy. These glasses are Dolby 3D and cannot (at this point) be used on a 3D television. They are VERY expensive $12 -$24 per pair.

"Glasses with complementary dichroic filters in the lenses are worn, which filter out either one or the other set of three light wavelengths. In this way, one projector can display the left and right stereoscopic images simultaneously. This method of stereoscopic projection is called wavelength multiplex visualization. The dichroic filters in the Dolby 3D glasses are more expensive and fragile than the glasses technology used in circular polarization systems like RealD Cinema and are not considered disposable. However, an important benefit of Dolby 3D in comparison with RealD is that Dolby 3D works with conventional projection screens."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_3D

Yeah I highly doubt they are tracked, just think of the expense it would cause, tracking hundreds of pairs of glasses.

Though I bet that people pocket them thinking they got a free pair of glasses for their TV at home.

^A couple thousand probably. Back in 2004 I was told that they had about 3,000. I can't see them having any less than 2,000 pairs of the new ones. The capacity per hour on the ride is right around 2,000 anyways.

Being tracked doesnt necesarilly have to mean eletronically, it could mean that they watch you on the video surveillance monitors & "keep track" of who got glasses & who didnt, keep count of how many glasses were given out per ride vehicle, etc. In other words, they are probably monitored by actual human eyes, not fancy tracking chips.

Just because you can't see anything also doesn't mean they are not electronically tracked. (I have never seen them so I can't be too sure how they are made) They may have a small chip hidden in the plastic, since these chips can be tiny. Kinda like the ones you see it electronic stores but more expensive since they are not selling them with the item.