Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like Toy Story Mania. Not everything has to be mind-blowing to be fun.

That said, this looks both mind-blowing AND fun.
I’m feeling I’ll be emotional on this whether I see a POV or not at this point there’s just soooooo much happening it’s absolutely overwhelming.

This is finally putting 3D/Screen elements right around us, next to us, it’s insane. I feel AR is going to make everything feel even more personal and immersive I just cannot wait to see how they did this. This is how you finally get the entire room around you to participate using every inch of space available, that’s how we get into an animated world, literally so cool.
The only thing I hope they figure out how to do better is to make the AR more steady

Sometimes it can be too sensitive to minor head movements and have a "shake" as it tries to adjust

For example, if you use AR on your phone to put something in a space it often has this issue

I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say lol

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The only thing I hope they figure out how to do better is to make the AR more steady

Sometimes it can be too sensitive to minor head movements and have a "shake" as it tries to adjust

For example, if you use AR on your phone to put something in a space it often has this issue

I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say lol
Universal has patents that watch your eye movements to better match than just a gyroscope in the headset. They’ve been perfecting this for years I’m so freaking impressed.

I'm really baffled by the passionate desire some people have to defend the screen / simulator rides at Universal. It's perfectly fine if you enjoy that kind of experience - whatever makes ya happy - great! But the way a few people actually get snarky and condescending to the people who desire a ride that is mostly physical sets and animatronics, that's hardly an unreasonable desire for somebody to have. Yeah Yoshi has no screens - but Yoshi is barely a ride and much more of a "hey we might as well tack on a slow moving outdoor attraction where you just look at carnival quality animatronics so we can say the land has 2 attractions". I mean in all seriousness the animatronic figures on the Yoshi ride are quite literally below 1980's Showbiz Pizza quality - even the ones in the small indoor scene.

I have read some people claiming this isn't the same as just playing Mario Kart at home and that the statement of "I have always experienced Mario Kart on the screen" is a weak one. I strongly suggest ya try to get your hands on a decent VR racing game. VR titles are extremely immersive and convincing - far more than any sim ride I have been on to date at Universal / Disney.

I will say, as far as simulator rides go it at very least looks to set a new standard, but the insiders who claimed this baby was loaded with mostly real sets and AA.... yeeeaaah Iunno bout that anymore. I hope they're still right but man would I kill for a video of the whole ride at this point. And hey we likely won't have long to wait for that to leak out!

End of the day, I hope it's an amazing ride that everyone can find joy in, including those of us who wanted to see really good AA and actual fully realized sets.

I'm really baffled by the passionate desire some people have to defend the screen / simulator rides at Universal. It's perfectly fine if you enjoy that kind of experience - whatever makes ya happy - great! But the way a few people actually get snarky and condescending to the people who desire a ride that is mostly physical sets and animatronics, that's hardly an unreasonable desire for somebody to have. Yeah Yoshi has no screens - but Yoshi is barely a ride and much more of a "hey we might as well tack on a slow moving outdoor attraction where you just look at carnival quality animatronics so we can say the land has 2 attractions". I mean in all seriousness the animatronic figures on the Yoshi ride are quite literally below 1980's Showbiz Pizza quality - even the ones in the small indoor scene.

I have read some people claiming this isn't the same as just playing Mario Kart at home and that the statement of "I have always experienced Mario Kart on the screen" is a weak one. I strongly suggest ya try to get your hands on a decent VR racing game. VR titles are extremely immersive and convincing - far more than any sim ride I have been on to date at Universal / Disney.

I will say, as far as simulator rides go it at very least looks to set a new standard, but the insiders who claimed this baby was loaded with mostly real sets and AA.... yeeeaaah Iunno bout that anymore. I hope they're still right but man would I kill for a video of the whole ride at this point. And hey we likely won't have long to wait for that to leak out!

End of the day, I hope it's an amazing ride that everyone can find joy in, including those of us who wanted to see really good AA and actual fully realized sets.
You complained about Snark but I’m unsure you read your own post.

Also, this is AR, not VR. Also not a simulator it is on a busbar system similar to MIB.

Man, you're the last person who should be talking about snark. Your youtube channel is full of it. And much, much worse.

Oh the screenz debate never seems to go away. At this point does it really matter? Rides with 100% AA don’t necessarily make them better rides then 100% screens. At the end of the day the questions become...does the ride deliver? Is the medium picked the right choice? No one will know that until they actually ride it, and judge for themselves.

Can someone point me to the page where people first saw the Yoshi footage? I’m curious to see the reactions. I will keep mine to myself for now...other than..:what if it rains? Feels like an attraction that will need to close a lot in the summer months

Can someone point me to the page where people first saw the Yoshi footage? I’m curious to see the reactions. I will keep mine to myself for now...other than..:what if it rains? Feels like an attraction that will need to close a lot in the summer months
This is why I was confused why they didn’t try to get this in Cali cause it naturally seems to fit better there. This can be USF’s closest thing to a water ride if it ends up there though lol

Reactions: rhino4evr
Oh the screenz debate never seems to go away. At this point does it really matter? Rides with 100% AA don’t necessarily make them better rides then 100% screens. At the end of the day the questions become...does the ride deliver? Is the medium picked the right choice? No one will know that until they actually ride it, and judge for themselves.

I generally prefer practical over screens. It doesn't go away because of the number of screen rides they've opened the last decade and people want them to go back in the direction of AAs. Part of me does feel what Tom @ Magic is saying in regards to RSR and F&F. Having said that, I can still see how MK could be a great attraction, especially if the scenes before it end up being more practical as Alicia said has been planned.

But yeah, the negativity over Yoshi is absurd. IDK what people wanted, but I'm fully satisfied with everything I see with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: NocturneFexy
I agree not the best scene to lead on. I am curious to see the rest of the ride (or to actually hear about it). I think if it is different than what we've seen I will soften quite a bit. I do like the AR, I just need the rest of the ride to better capture the feeling of Mario Kart.

This might not be my cup of tea - and that's ok!

The land is great and I do like the reprieve of Yoshi, even if it is a half step above Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
We all need to wait until we have a full POV or we can ride it ourselves.

But just something I’ve noticed as I lurk on these boards and engage occasionally, it’s also very typical of this forum to be full on snark to anyone who thinks Universal may have been able to do better or make things more practical. I get it, some people are jumping the gun here and we do need to wait.

But I mean, you have moderators calling people Trolls who are writing out full and complete opinions and thoughts... and this is not the first time I’ve witnessed this behaviour. Is this not a discussion board?

The yoshi ride appears to be the equivalent of a people mover that provides great views of the land. They could have done a bit more with it, no doubt. It appears to be in constant motion which should equate to short lines. I see it as a “parents need to rest” ride.

I'm not going to @ anyone - just going to clear the air.

1. The "Screens" debate has been discussed ad nauseam; to the point where we even had to create this thread. That thread's sole purpose is so that debate doesn't permeate into every discussion of a ride where screens may be involved.

2. If you followed along with rumors and info, it's been pretty clear that there would be a good amount of screens involved, especially with the AR tech that is being used for the interactive elements. So this shouldn't be surprising.

3. This all based on a 30something second clip of the finale.

Basically, we don't need to have the screens discussion again, and we all should wait a bit to offer more critiques until we're able to see more than just the finale.

We all need to wait until we have a full POV or we can ride it ourselves.

But just something I’ve noticed as I lurk on these boards and engage occasionally, it’s also very typical of this forum to be full on snark to anyone who thinks Universal may have been able to do better or make things more practical. I get it, some people are jumping the gun here and we do need to wait.

But I mean, you have moderators calling people Trolls who are writing out full and complete opinions and thoughts... and this is not the first time I’ve witnessed this behaviour. Is this not a discussion board?

It's fair to question this forum's occasional kneejerk defenses of Uni, especially when the response to Runaway Railway wasn't exactly gracious.

That having been said I also think it's fair to point out that those "complete opinions and thoughts" are based off of the last minute of footage in a five minute ride. It's a lot of doom and gloom to project over what we've (allegedly) known for months would be the *only* non-physical segment of the ride.