The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I overheard that Dudley was down getting work done. I didnt get a lot of info and wasnt in IOA today. Maybe someone can get some info, especially if it is down anymore.

It's not listed as going down for a refurb so it may have been a maintenance issue requiring a day of downtime. I fully expect a large scale refurb sometime between Jan week 2 and Feb week 3.

This ride has had such a fall from grace. To me it was one of the most underrated attractions of all the parks, at one point my absolute favorite in IOA... but it is in such terrible shape. The line is moving slower than ever. The team members yelling in your ear to make sure you basically GLIDE into your seat and don't bend your knees. It's just so freakin off from what it used to be. It's sad that I have so much nostalgia for a ride that's still there.

This ride has had such a fall from grace. To me it was one of the most underrated attractions of all the parks, at one point my absolute favorite in IOA... but it is in such terrible shape. The line is moving slower than ever. The team members yelling in your ear to make sure you basically GLIDE into your seat and don't bend your knees. It's just so freakin off from what it used to be. It's sad that I have so much nostalgia for a ride that's still there.

I think if they change the seating to something more like Splash Mountain, it would be a lot better. The whole gliding into the seat is a pain.

I couldn't agree more…

.....but Splash Mountain in Disneyland is a pure log flume ride. The one in Florida is a two seat water ride, and the ride was probably designed to fit those boats. Dudley was designed with the log flume seating in mind, and the two seats just doesn't make sense for that ride. Besides, I had no problem with the logs last time, and it's still my favorite water ride there.

Dudley's refurb schedule was changed in the past few days. Originally it was 1/20 to 1/31, it's now scheduled for 2/9 to 3/7. It looks like Popeyes refurb schedule was modified a bit because of this, too.

Dudley's refurb schedule was changed in the past few days. Originally it was 1/20 to 1/31, it's now scheduled for 2/9 to 3/7. It looks like Popeyes refurb schedule was modified a bit because of this, too.

Got more Comcastic money :thumbs:

I know it is easy for me to say since I am not local, but anybody have interest in trying to grab on ride pics of this before refurb so to make a comparison of before and after. It would be nice to look at the difference if they will be putting more effort than normal into this refurb.

The current logs really are overkill. The height requirement is overly restrictive too for a log flume; very ironic.

I am surprised they didn't wait until after President's Day to close this, or at least this upcoming weekend. My hope, which is pie in the sky, is that they want to get as much work squeezed in on each day that they can.

Anyone have any idea what this ride would have been in its original, fully realized concept? People keep saying "could you imagine if they weren't on a shoestring budget back then?" How would it be different than the ride we have today? Better show scenes?

Ripsaw is down from 12/2 - 12/6, this is shorter than its normal annual refurb. Anyone know if this is emergency downtime or just the yearly refurb, early?

:stunned:

WH....

HOW?! WHY?!

All of our field trips had to be somewhat justified in terms of education. You lucky SOBs!

I went on a Science trip to Disneyland Paris ha. First and last year group to do so!

There was a time I actually could and would ride this ride. Shure you sat down between another's guys legs and when you where unlucky someone slid back and crashed into your balls but at least I could get in and out of the ride and would enjoy the drop because of the freedom.
Now, with the divides and the huge lap bars you have no way to get in or out in a normal way (not mentioning arthritis gets in the way) and the drop is no fun anymore. I would love to see this ride go or get a huge overhaul including the rv's and adding some scene's.

There was a time I actually could and would ride this ride. Shure you sat down between another's guys legs and when you where unlucky someone slid back and crashed into your balls but at least I could get in and out of the ride and would enjoy the drop because of the freedom.
Now, with the divides and the huge lap bars you have no way to get in or out in a normal way (not mentioning arthritis gets in the way) and the drop is no fun anymore. I would love to see this ride go or get a huge overhaul including the rv's and adding some scene's.

I don't understand how Splash Mountain can have such "comfortable" logs and Dudley's can be so god awful

So whats the deal with this, Im guessing this is what (I forgot which insider but lets say its HTF) HTF said about a new highly end immersive concept is coming to a universal park... If they get rid of that ride that means its a whole new land/IP