Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it is merely a staging area... where parts and tools are stored plus a place for the workers to chill on break and stay out of the sun. The French like to keep their skin very pale lest they must powder it constantly. It is 1712 after all. Fountains and powdered faces... it seems all the French know.
1712 in France. Wasn't the War of the Spanish Succession going on then? (Thank you, AP Euro) Okay, I got it. Sea World is close to getting a leader that is related to Disney, and the boat house is where Uni is controlling their fight to stop them from becoming a single empire! That must be it! :idea2:

1712 in France. Wasn't the War of the Spanish Succession going on then? (Thank you, AP Euro) Okay, I got it. Sea World is close to getting a leader that is related to Disney, and the boat house is where Uni is controlling their fight to stop them from becoming a single empire! That must be it! :idea2:

stoned-kitty.jpg

Im confused what TSSD is trying to say lol :inquisitive:
I was trying to decode what he was saying, and, since I've been doing way too much school work recently (That's why I'm barely on anymore) The War of the Spanish Succession jumped into my mind, and I made a joke about it, which, come to think about it, you'd probably only get if you were in a European history class. I'm not funny when I'm tired. I'm not even really that funny when I'm awake.
So... let's just forget I ever said that. Unless I'm right.

Love that photo.

Last edited:
Ok at first I thought that the date (3:15/ March 15th) was way off. I thought that with Mardi Gras they wouldn't do a parade, and they wouldn't do a night time show, since they have the Music, and the Mardi Gras Parade.

But in reading Universal Orlando's FB posts

"You may have heard we’re making a big announcement next week about all of the new experiences we’re opening for you in 2012. And, some of you may be wondering whether that announcement will include an update on what we have planned for the JAWS! area… We want you to know that won’t be part of our announcement.

We will be sharing details on many other new & exciting entertainment offerings. Actually, we’re creating more new entertainment experiences for you in 2012 than during any other year in our history! Want to see if you can figure out what we’re going to announce? Then stay tuned for some hints and sneak peeks leading up to the big day."

It is the bolded text that has me thinking.

What if, what if... Universal is really trying to break the mold? What if they want to have a midday parade, and then the end of the day Mardi Gras parade, with a lagoon show AND the Headliner.

Anyone's thoughts?

What if, what if... Universal is really trying to break the mold? What if they want to have a midday parade, and then the end of the day Mardi Gras parade, with a lagoon show AND the Headliner.

Anyone's thoughts?

I believe it could happen. I mean, with Jaws closed and DM not yet open, they need more to do at the Studios. A midday parade, a Mardi Gras parade, and a night time show would be good to keep the spirits high and the fun going all day long and into the night!

I believe it could happen. I mean, with Jaws closed and DM not yet open, they need more to do at the Studios. A midday parade, a Mardi Gras parade, and a night time show would be good to keep the spirits high and the fun going all day long and into the night!

That is what I am saying. Give me a reason to stay to park close, spend money, buy food, buy booze, and dance!

Another thing I'm wondering about: How this will fit into HHN. I mean I can imagine an all Horror themed show made specially for the event...

Hope so! It would really add a lot to HHN! Since we don't have arrival shows anymore, a very cool Halloween lagoon show would be nice. Or at least some creepy images projected all night for creepy ambiance :thumbs:

Jaws was only a 5-minute ride. :lol: The nighttime show and parade are already adding at least an hour more of things to do to your day at Universal.

I expect a Harry Potter show when Phase 2 is complete as well.

That would be nice! A show to celebrate the opening!

WOC has shown that it's easy to throw a tag at the end of the show on.

I think it would be separate. I don't think they'd add HP to a show about Universal Pictures. The closest to adding something HP related to the show would be to have images of people enjoying the HP areas at the theme parks.

Would park guests really wanna see a nigttime show just about Potter? Like Skip said I could see them throwing a tag on the end, but creating a whole new show would be expensive and time consuming and I don't know if it would be worth the effort.

That is what I am saying. Give me a reason to stay to park close, spend money, buy food, buy booze, and dance!

Well if they follow the current rules, they would have the night-time show on peak nights when they don't already have a headliner on the stage... but they wont mind anyone doing that bolded part either...

this way they wont have the show every night but they will have something every night when the park is open past dusk...

Universal is going in another direction, something they have learned over time from the masters of entertainment and keeping guests in the parks all day.....Disney. I have said it on here multiple times that Disney has it down to a fine art by keeping guest occupied all day while giving them reasons spread out throughout the day to keep said guests well into the night. The main thing that happens when guests stay longer is guest spending dollars go up and with increased merchandise , beverage, and food sales their profit dollars raise. Its all about the margins people :lol: Universal IS FINALLY TURNING THERE PARKS INTO FULL DAY EXPERIENCES. Its something they have never had before and while it won't happen overnight 2012 is a HUGE step in the correct direction.

Reactions: figment1986
Universal is going in another direction, something they have learned over time from the masters of entertainment and keeping guests in the parks all day.....Disney. I have said it on here multiple times that Disney has it down to a fine art by keeping guest occupied all day while giving them reasons spread out throughout the day to keep said guests well into the night. The main thing that happens when guests stay longer is guest spending dollars go up and with increased merchandise , beverage, and food sales their profit dollars raise. Its all about the margins people :lol: Universal IS FINALLY TURNING THERE PARKS INTO FULL DAY EXPERIENCES. Its something they have never had before and while it won't happen overnight 2012 is a HUGE step in the correct direction.

They have always had a difficult time doing a lot of loud pyro at night because they don't have the budget and more importantly the land that Disney does. The original Night time Stunt Spectacular was pretty well received and I recall most people waiting around for it at night. I wish that was the kind of show we were getting again. I just hope this one is not as rushed as 360. We need lazers, projection mapping...and all sorts of creative things that make up for not having firework like pyro in the sky.

That being said I also had a fun thought on what if they try Jaws Ride like Mechanics to happen nightly in the lagoon. A Giant Shark set up in key viewing areas that leap up "Fire you son of a B-" and The sharks just pop out of the water. I know that would create some challenges but would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.