Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have always had a difficult time doing a lot of loud pyro at night because they don't have the budget and more importantly the land that Disney does. The original Night time Stunt Spectacular was pretty well received and I recall most people waiting around for it at night. I wish that was the kind of show we were getting again. I just hope this one is not as rushed as 360. We need lazers, projection mapping...and all sorts of creative things that make up for not having firework like pyro in the sky.

That being said I also had a fun thought on what if they try Jaws Ride like Mechanics to happen nightly in the lagoon. A Giant Shark set up in key viewing areas that leap up "Fire you son of a B-" and The sharks just pop out of the water. I know that would create some challenges but would be cool.

Actually the main problem with Pyro at Universal are the neighborhoods behind it. Universal is restricted on how often they can use Fireworks because of these neighborhoods behind them.

Yeap, thats the same reason why the coasters couldn't run past 11pm at night when HHN was in IOA. HRRR doesn't matter since its a silent coaster on purpose, but the others not so much.

Actually the main problem with Pyro at Universal are the neighborhoods behind it. Universal is restricted on how often they can use Fireworks because of these neighborhoods behind them.

I should of been more specific but that was my point about the land that Disney has that they don't.

I should of been more specific but that was my point about the land that Disney has that they don't.

Well MK has housing right behind them, but because they are grandfathered into their area, and they are governed by Reddy Creek Improvement District they aren't restrained like Universal Orlando is by being governed by Orlando.

exactly. But fireworks do not equal a great nighttime show. I much prefer something original that is not going to end up seasonal under such restrictions. Bring on the stunts/projection mapping/water/whatever else they can make use out of creativity and real estate.

They have always had a difficult time doing a lot of loud pyro at night because they don't have the budget and more importantly the land that Disney does. The original Night time Stunt Spectacular was pretty well received and I recall most people waiting around for it at night. I wish that was the kind of show we were getting again. I just hope this one is not as rushed as 360. We need lazers, projection mapping...and all sorts of creative things that make up for not having firework like pyro in the sky.

That being said I also had a fun thought on what if they try Jaws Ride like Mechanics to happen nightly in the lagoon. A Giant Shark set up in key viewing areas that leap up "Fire you son of a B-" and The sharks just pop out of the water. I know that would create some challenges but would be cool.

Hmmm where did I mention pyro or any kind of tech what so ever???? :doh:

Honestly the boat house is driving me NUTS... has anyone heard or seen anything that could explain what is going on in there?

Pyro barge work?
Fountain Work?
Nuttin?
Anyone have a super duper zoom camera?

Too dark to see inside... I tried today during my quick walk.

Its basically there fort now. I have a decent zoom and they were in there smoking the other day. I don't think there is much going on in there that will impact the final product.

Boats in the boat house

LS-31.jpg

Pictures from yesterday . . .

Control room is coming along nicely:

LS-43.jpg

LS-33.jpg

LS-35.jpg

Valve manifold mounted near control room:

LS-36.jpg

Compressors mounted on the decks of the barges:

LS-37.jpg

Wiring is being installed:

LS-41.jpg

LS-42.jpg

Note the speakers on the barges. They are manufactured by "Meyer Sound":

LS-32.jpg

LS-38.jpg

LS-39.jpg

LS-40.jpg

Random shot:

LS-34.jpg

Is it just me or is universal is just making fun of some of us with this one...

They are trying too... but this site has already kicked them so very hard (thanks to bobwadd). Leaving plans out on the deck of a boat in full view... that really makes me giggle at how secretive they think they are. Has the local news grabbed those print photos? If not, anyone have some fun and send them to the general managers to make into a bitty story. They love this filler dirt. I know this first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.