Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pink/red color as a primer makes zero sense. Red and yellows are the absolute hardest colors to cover and to cover with. The only thing that makes sense is, as Bob said, the first coat to a distressed look, or that's the color they're going to be. You only use a red primer with a different topcoat when it's ferrous metals, and you use an iron oxide primer. And even then you can usually get a white version of the same primer.

But if they're going for a reddish-brown look, it makes sense to have pink primer for red hues.

Yep, it is a form of glazing used to build up depth and dimension to stone work. Toon Lagoon and Seuss Landing would never use this technique whereas WW and JP use it extensively.

Are you talking as a first coat in a multi coat faux finish, or as a primer to aid in coverage? If it's the former, I 100% agree as it would help in building a multi-colored effect. If it's the latter, that is incorrect. Pink is the absolute worst color you can use as a primer for coverage, as any lack in coverage will shine through as though it's God's flashlight. It you're going for a reddish brown look, a tan/chocolate color is best.

But if they're going for a reddish-brown look, it makes sense to have pink primer for red hues.

Are you talking as a first coat in a multi coat faux finish, or as a primer to aid in coverage? If it's the former, I 100% agree as it would help in building a multi-colored effect. If it's the latter, that is incorrect. Pink is the absolute worst color you can use as a primer for coverage, as any lack in coverage will shine through as though it's God's flashlight. It you're going for a reddish brown look, a tan/chocolate color is best.

I'm no expert here, of course, but I obviously mean that, as the base for a multi-layer coat for a reddish-brown stone look. There's nothing to cover up here; it's concrete.

Way too much to go into here, but even with concrete, there is plenty of cover up work that goes on. But either way, we're on the same page with the faux look. I certainly hope that's what that's for.

I'm no expert here, of course, but I obviously mean that, as the base for a multi-layer coat for a reddish-brown stone look. There's nothing to cover up here; it's concrete.

From @OrlandoInformer

The new wall and Nassal's sample for painting.

BBPSy6aCQAAsQZ9.jpg

I don't know that I'm sold on the colors... What is it supposed to resemble with these colors? Doesn't look like brick :shrug:
Also, they need to fix the area to the right of it ^

I was thinking the same thing about the wall to the right. You have this nice looking wall they just put up and then you see the old wall and its just like :skellington:

Yea, I'm not sold on that pinkish color at all. Maybe, it's not 100% complete yet? The Nassal sample doesn't really look like the finished product yet.

I believe they may have been going for a form of brownstone. Perhaps they bumped the chroma to jazz it up a bit. Both the reddish rock and the limestone caps look kind of crappy/mushy right now; as if built out of play-doh.

I wouldn't say I hate it, buut I agree it doesn't really mach the sample very well. And I mean the close-ups it looks okayyy, but the camera just about always makes scenic treatments look much better onscreen than in person, especially close up. But it should look fine from across the way. However I do think it needs more contrast and a little more texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.