Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still going through pictures from yesterday. I found a little more info though not very exciting/interesting.

This is the electronics enclosure on the barges. Previous pictures showed techs wiring the spray bars to them.

LS-18.jpg

The unit hung on the side of the enclosure is manufactured by "ICE qube". It is an electronics enclosure cooling system.

LS-16.jpg

Closeup of control panel.

LS-17.jpg

I was originally concerned about posting these pictures. But, they were out in the open for anyone to see.

Unless you stole them out of the engineers office on a USB flash drive, I wouldn't be concerned.

On another note, I did scrap around the idea of a backstage canal. Will never happen, but this is the best I could come up with.

uso_canal.jpg

Last edited:
Why do it that way when there getting ready to gut all of Amity? I mean its possible to create one that leads to the west of FFL...right?

I don't understand why the barges are at those angles. One would think they would be parallel to the 2 main sides of the lagoon for maximum viewing. guess will have to see it in action

I just hope they have something cool for HHNs.
I remember going down by the water last year, to have a beer, and looking out over the water and thinking how empty and dark it was it would be nice to have something to watch there and relax a bit.

^ Yeah it is pretty empty down there and considering its viewable through most of the park..... I did enjoy what HHN 18 or 19? When they had horror movie clips on the cinesphere floats though.

BRAVO! Amazing pics, simply amazing! Ok so what could the 315 mean? All the project names mean something. Strong arm = kuka arm and pwning disney, so what could 315 mean? I am struggling.

BRAVO! Amazing pics, simply amazing! Ok so what could the 315 mean? All the project names mean something. Strong arm = kuka arm and pwning disney, so what could 315 mean? I am struggling.

March 15th? Area code 315 from New York? Show runs 315 days out of the year? LOL, I have no clue... It could just be a random number or maybe even something as uninteresting as the company's 315th project. Who knows...

I got a few pics this Sunday, but not much going on when I was there. Here are my pics.

Last edited:
A few pics from Christmas day . . .

LS-20.jpg

LS-19.jpg

Steel going up for the new control room?

LS-26.jpg

Pumps have been mounted on the sides of the barges to supply the water screens. They appear to mounted very shallow in the water. Hope they don't draw air.

LS-22.jpg

LS-23.jpg

LS-21.jpg

Notice the conduit affixed to the pilings. It runs back to the new control room area.

LS-24.jpg

LS-25.jpg

Not much new in the lagoon. They have a long way to go!!!

Nice updates guys!

bobwadd, nice catch on the steel frames going up for the control tower, and I think those pumps should be fine because they probably suck in the water from below and I don't think the lagoon's water level fluctuates much.

I think those pumps should be fine because they probably suck in the water from below and I don't think the lagoon's water level fluctuates much.

You are probably correct about the pumps being "fine". Although, look at the following picture and note the location of the inlet screen.

LS-03.jpg

In the picture showing the pumps mounted the screen looks awful close to the water surface.

LS-23.jpg

Isn't this how it works? As long as it's fully submerged, I'd guess it'll be alright.

I think you are probably correct Felipe. BTW, those chain lifts are rated 2 Tons. I went to the website of the manu. and saw that they do no coil up the chain but drop excess chain into the mesh fabric bags you see hanging on the sides of each lift. Never knew how that worked until now.

Last edited:
Isn't this how it works? As long as it's fully submerged, I'd guess it'll be alright.

LagoonPumps.jpg

You are correct in how it works. Being fully submerged is not necessarily enough. It all depends on the volume and rate of water the pumps move. They could still start a whirlpool and suck air in from the surface. I'm sure they know what they are doing, I was just making an observation.

Yeah, and also they might lower them more later on when they move the platforms to their final places in the lagoon. You can see the three guides where the pumps are attached, but we don't know how far down those guides reach, so it's very possible they can be lowered more.

Good catch hatetofly. I forgot all about that work being done.

The circled temporary white cap is on a piece of conduit that would be in-line with the electrical work that had been done earlier.
Hope you don't mind I borrowed your picture.

hatetofly-1.jpg

Picture copyright --> "hatetofly"

Status
Not open for further replies.