Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is the white a solder point?

I believe the "white" is actually an oval stainless steel wave clip holding the black rectangle (solenoid coil) to the valve. The clip slides over the round silver pin in the middle of the rectangle.

I'll try and get some better pictures today.

Later . . .

Reactions: BJCool
^Great find! Hmm, I wonder if that's how Uni is making this cheaper than World of Color? Have gravity do the work instead of having expensive systems which shoot out the water screens. :shrug:

Also, me thinks that we need a new photo update with special high-def, zoomed in pictures of all the pieces that we can find.

Last edited:
^Great find! Hmm, I wonder if that's how Uni is making this cheaper than World of Color? Have gravity do the work instead of having expensive systems which shoot out the water screens. :shrug:

Also, me thinks that we need a new photo update with special high-def, zoomed in pictures of all the pieces that we can find.

I will be out there early tomorrow morning to give away that free ticket so I will turn the camera all the way up (I have been using the lowest setting) and see what I can grab

Here is the info as promised . . .

First off, there were divers in the water almost all day:

LS-04.jpg

LS-15.jpg

I believe these are self contained (pump on-board) water jets (fountains):

LS-01.jpg

Notice the piece of wood stuck in the water nozzle holding the wires.

Here they are placing the water jets:

LS-12.jpg

LS-09.jpg

LS-06.jpg

LS-05.jpg

This particular unit is of a different configuration. Maybe a side to side sweeping motion. Just not sure.

I believe these self contained pumps will feed the water screen. Two for each barge:

LS-03.jpg

These units are in the boat house:

LS-08.jpg

I believe they are high pressure triplex water pumps. No idea how or if the will be used in the show.

Random shots of the barges:

LS-11.jpg

Techs wiring up the spray bars:

LS-07.jpg

LS-02.jpg

Schedule 80 PVC water pipe on one of the barge decks:

LS-13.jpg

Shots of solenoid coil/valve assemblies:

LS-10.jpg

Teebin can you see what I mean now?

LS-14.jpg

Spray bars have 132 nozzles!

Will have more in a little bit!!!

Last edited:
O.K. now for the really interesting stuff.

Notice the red outlined area in the following picture. That area contains the item of concern.

LS-94.jpg

Wait for it!

Here it is !!!!!!!!!!

LS-93.jpg

LS-91.jpg

LS-92.jpg

LS-90.jpg

This folded map was laying out on the deck of the work barge for anyone too see. At least those who noticed it.

I would like to apologize for the quality of the pictures. As you can imagine these were not the easiest shots to get.

Thanks bobwadd. With some help from one handsome lad and a wee bit of research of my cranes, I believe those to possibly be DMX512-A connectors, connected to a wireless remote system. Thus the radio towers that have been installed (although the obvious appearance may be temporary and will be hidden in the end). With DMX, they can control everything except pyrotechnics and other dangerous effects which might involve humans.

Reactions: bobwadd
bobwadd, dude. I'm in awe. Ever think about shooting news. Everybody save these photos to your hard drive quick.

OK the 2 barges are obvious, but this confirms that they will also be using mist screens.

again GREAT job bobwadd.

Last edited:
We're getting a Universal Fantasmic! :happy: Can't wait to see this. Caught WOC for the first time a few days ago and it was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.