Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind Simpsons? The Pyro Storage is back there if I remember correctly...or was the clown thing just for giggles:p

I don't think there's a canal or anything connecting the lagoon to the area behind Simpsons, or anywhere for that matter. I think the set up will have to stay in the lagoon permanently, or at least during the seasons when the lagoon show is on.

I don't think there's a canal or anything connecting the lagoon to the area behind Simpsons, or anywhere for that matter. I think the set up will have to stay in the lagoon permanently, or at least during the seasons when the lagoon show is on.

There won't be seasons anymore IMO.

The point of my post was that they need to build one. Get it off stage. Left or Right of FF or up into the fireworks bunker area. Four big balls sitting there from sunrise onwards really blows any surprise or anticipation. Uni commits to a lot of things really well, but a semi-permanent lagoon show has never been one of them.

The point of my post was that they need to build one. Get it off stage. Left or Right of FF or up into the fireworks bunker area. Four big balls sitting there from sunrise onwards really blows any surprise or anticipation. Uni commits to a lot of things really well, but a semi-permanent lagoon show has never been one of them.

I don't know where they can build one :shrug: Unless they put up a themed storage building in the Amity shore?

Screamscape is reporting a rumor that these screens may not be fir a new lagoon show per se. But possibly for projecting the New Years Eve and Mardi Gras concerts.

I think they may be duel purpose. For projecting the concerts AND for a new lagoon show.

Attractions Magazine includes a great diagram in their new update as to how the old Cinesphere 360 barges have been recycled into the new stages/screens.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2011/12/11/status-of-the-new-universal-studios-lagoon-show-and-other-park-updates/

diagram.jpg

The stages were originally square, with a circular area where a sphere was inflated. In the old show, Cinesphere 360, scenes from classic films were projected on the sphere surface.

The old square stages have been divided into six pieces, and arranged as seen in this diagram.

I find it hard to believe that Universal bought this very expensive trussing and rigging just for NYE..

If they BOUGHT the Trussing, I estimate what they have wouldve cost them a little under 40k. Would they be willing to spend that much on projecting new years concerts? It's been a while since I've looked at stage trussing so im pretty sure it could be more or less However The real "smoking gun" if you will are the aquatique shows boxes and the overly modified nature of the barges.

From the website:

"Water and light Screens
The Water Screen technique, created by Aquatique Show, projects still or moving pictures onto a surface made entirely of water.

This translucent screen is produced by a submerged system which can be installed on a barge, on the banks of a lake or in the sea either in a tank already in place or one installed by our team.
The screen is invisible when not in use, appearing and vanishing at will. Another attraction is the relief effect of the images, which the eye perceives in three dimensions.

For open-air events only."

So, It is quite possible that Universal is getting a new show, however I must also point out that these things could also be used for this new technology that is being developed by a few companies. one of them that is quite a bit more advanced than anything aquatique is doing was at IAAPA, However the name escapes me. I think it was along the lines of techniflex or something like that.

More from the official aquatique website:

"The Aqua Graphic® water curtain offers a surface for projecting your images and lets you create letters and logos in space, all at the same time.

This quite unique patented technology is the result of several years' research.
For a convention, a new product launch, a shopping center or a show, etc. Indoors and outdoors, day or night, Aqua Graphic® will make your event simply unforgettable!

Available for sale or hire."

It could be possible that Universal just hired them to enhance NYE...

However, I personally believe the overwhelming amount of evidence we do have indicates a significant investment in a new nighttime show. I for one wouldnt be putting holes in pre-existing structure or modifying my night time show for NYE, even if my current nighttime show did suck... Also the reinforcement of the stage speaks wonders IMHO. I do however believe that the trussing is only temporary. If it was gonna be used in the future for a "nighttime spectacular" they probably wouldve ordered it painted black and there would be water proof casing over the lift motors for the main truss, not plastic bags.

We'll have better indication of what they are gonna do once they start putting whatever they are gonna put on these barges.

What is the LOGO on those little relay water releasey thingys? It looks like a face. If someone can figure it out and get back to us. Inquiring geeks want to know.

Last edited:
What is the LOGO on those little relay water releasey thingys? It looks like a face. If someone can figure it out and get back to us. Inquiring geeks want to know.

I don't believe it's a logo. It looks like a SS clip to hold the solenoid coil on the valve.

It appears that this system has addressable valves. That would mean that every water stream could be turned on/off or pulsed individually. The could create some great effects such as pictures or writing in the water curtain!!!

I don't believe it's a logo. It looks like a SS clip to hold the solenoid coil on the valve.

It appears that this system has addressable valves. That would mean that every water stream could be turned on/off or pulsed individually. The could create some great effects such as pictures or writing in the water curtain!!!

Thanks for answering. I love to ask dumb questions; often the answers may be sometimes the most revealing ideas. HOWEVER... there is something that looks like a LOGO on the back of each of those hundreds of clips/solenoids/relays. Or is the white a solder point?

IMG_1805.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.