Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that it is a coincidence that both are (or at least the focal point of each) are towers, near the entrance of the park, both built in a relatively close time span of each other, and by a competitor on the same coast. But that's about it, Carthay Circle was designed in a Spanish Colonial Revival Style. And as it was said, that tower clearly looks like Art Deco. Either way, that area needed something bad. Can't wait to see the final product, with more pics of how it fits into the surrounding area.

Inside Universal had a nice photo update.

I think the new plaza is looking great. Something similar to Production Central at USF would be a welcome improvement.

I think that it looks very nice...the whole area has a fresh look to it.

I too agree that the entrance to the Studios is awful. Just past the gates you see the mess that is Production Central...which in my opinion is the least cohesive and interesting area of Universal Studios. If it were up to me I'd do a complete redo of the entire entrance area, except for the Studio Store.

Would it even be possible to move the park entrance? I could see entering the park through the gates that have Esoteric Studios above them and using the current entrance as an exit. Would that create too much of about issue with the parade floats using the gates?

Would it even be possible to move the park entrance? I could see entering the park through the gates that have Esoteric Studios above them and using the current entrance as an exit. Would that create too much of about issue with the parade floats using the gates?
Yeah, there's no way they could pull that off with the current placement of the Entertainment stuff. Though I do believe that, if they moved the trailers and rerouted the parade, that would be a decent location for the entrance. Of course it would make it a MUCH longer walk for everyone coming from IOA or City Walk though.

Let me be on the record as agreeing with some here that after one goes under the USF arch, the entire show falls to pieces. Perhaps ticket entry should swap places with the big arch.

I've said it before, but with some minor modifications, the entrance could be directed to the Hollywood area, which is arguably the most beautiful area of the park. Hooray for Hollywood.

I think that Universals's Hollywood area is much more beautiful than the DHS entrance which is also now basically the DCR entrance also. Plus it would then reinforce the theme of the park. This could be fairly cost effective by utilizing the same set pieces with a few building alterations at the entrance. The alternative is to spend a ton of money for a new entrance. I'd rather the big money be spent for new lands & attractions.

I think that Universals's Hollywood area is much more beautiful than the DHS entrance which is also now basically the DCR entrance also.

Do you mean DCA? If so, the entrances of DCA and DHS can't be further apart in terms of similarity.

The alternative is to spend a ton of money for a new entrance. I'd rather the big money be spent for new lands & attractions.

The money needed to redo the entrance would not be huge. And routing the entrance through Hollywood would make the park really awkward. Even more awkward than it is now.

I would be in favor of demolishing Shrek and Lucy and creating a building that looks appealing and creates somewhat of a centerpiece for the area. Would improve everything greatly. Maybe you could put in some kind of Universal history attraction as well as a clone of Hollywood's Universal Experience exhibit.

Last edited:
Do you mean DCA? If so, the entrances of DCA and DHS can't be further apart in terms of similarity.

The money needed to redo the entrance would not be huge. And routing the entrance through Hollywood would make the park really awkward. Even more awkward than it is now.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I think the flow of traffic would balance out better. There's less to do in Holywood, so it's never as busy as Production Central, so directing traffic through there first could be a major plus for crowd dispersal.

I personally would love to see Mel's and the Betty Boop/Lucy tribute ripped out and place some grand entry icon/shop/restaurant structure that would help funnel traffic through that way, and dump people out into the area in front of the Lagoon...I also think this would centralize Transformers and help with the jarring differentiation of themes in that area. In eliminating Mel's, they could divert food to Cafe LaBamba...and find another area in the park for tributes...maybe Garden of Allah Villas?

Last edited:
Would love to see a talented artist here give a studio entrance reimagining depiction of what they like to see a new entrance look like.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I think the flow of traffic would balance out better. There's less to do in Holywood, so it's never as busy as Production Central, so directing traffic through there first could be a major plus for crowd dispersal.

I personally would love to see Mel's and the Betty Boop/Lucy tribute ripped out and place some grand entry icon/shop/restaurant structure that would help funnel traffic through that way, and dump people out into the area in front of the Lagoon...I also think this would centralize Transformers and help with the jarring differentiation of themes in that area. In eliminating Mel's, they could divert food to Cafe LaBamba...and find another area in the park for tributes...maybe Garden of Allah Villas?

(1) Bulldoze Lucy and Shrek
(2) Put a "Best of Universal" Omnimover where Shrek and part of Lucy are (A gigantic 1930s style Universal globe in the center of Production Central)
(3) Keep Mel's but remind guests it's from American Graffiti
(4) Use Garden of Allah area as a grand new entrance to ET Adventure so that it's out of KidZone
(5) Revamp the candy shop/USS area too

Granted, there's not much you can do with this front area

(1) Bulldoze Lucy and Shrek
(2) Put a "Best of Universal" Omnimover where Shrek and part of Lucy are (A gigantic 1930s style Universal globe in the center of Production Central)
(3) Keep Mel's but remind guests it's from American Graffiti
(4) Use Garden of Allah area as a grand new entrance to ET Adventure so that it's out of KidZone
(5) Revamp the candy shop/USS area too

Granted, there's not much you can do with this front area

I am liking this concept. If the very front of "Production Central" was devoted to basically all movies. Then as you move on into the immerse areas of particular IPs in the rest of the park, the trend of their newer projects.

Would love to see a talented artist here give a studio entrance reimagining depiction of what they like to see a new entrance look like.

Fan concept art, love it :thumbs:

Ooooh, that's a great idea! (starts sketching furiously) And hope to see Violarum's take on the entrance also. Loved his/her mock up of Diagon Alley/London from a while back!