Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest photos from D987:

Occasionally I look at the volcano and think I wish it was bigger but then you see a guy stood up on that thing and realize just how large it is!

Reactions: Ryno27
The Cabana Bay Towers look as though they are going to be on the other side of the wall looking structure that separates Cabana from the construction.
I Wonder why they just didnt Build Volcano Bay and Cabana Bay Towers as One Resort ?( Making the New Towers a Brand New Small Botique Hotel For Volcano Bay instead of Cabana Bay) It just seems a though the towers will be out of place at 11 stories tall.

Hope it all works out together. I've trusted UNiversal with blending thusfar so no reason not to now.

The Cabana Bay Towers look as though they are going to be on the other side of the wall looking structure that separates Cabana from the construction.
I Wonder why they just didnt Build Volcano Bay and Cabana Bay Towers as One Resort ?( Making the New Towers a Brand New Small Botique Hotel For Volcano Bay instead of Cabana Bay) It just seems a though the towers will be out of place at 11 stories tall.

Hope it all works out together. I've trusted UNiversal with blending thusfar so no reason not to now.

Volcano Bay Water Theme Park & Resort

That has a nice ring to it. Plus, I hope they'd be adding new facilities for the new towers as it seems like a bit of a hike to the main building.

Volcano Bay Water Theme Park & Resort

That has a nice ring to it. Plus, I hope they'd be adding new facilities for the new towers as it seems like a bit of a hike to the main building.

I think it does have a nice ring to it but I think the resort part might confuse the public into thinking it's a different resort from UOR.

As long as it doesn't result in another Universal Escape scenario, it's all good.
Anyone that's been to Aquatica or a Disney Water Park knows what to expect in terms in terms of a high quality themed water park. Calling it a "Water Theme Park" makes it seem as though they're trying too hard (or will confuse people). I'm sure the theming will be great and i'm expecting it to be a next level park, but it just seems unnecessary.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Anyone that's been to Aquatica or a Disney Water Park knows what to expect in terms in terms of a high quality themed water park. Calling it a "Water Theme Park" makes it seem as though they're trying too hard (or will confuse people). I'm sure the theming will be great and i'm expecting it to be a next level park, but it just seems unnecessary.

I think the next step is to theme the slides beyond what we have now. If they can do that, it will be the next evolutionary step in Orlando water parks.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
I think the next step is to theme the slides beyond what we have now. If they can do that, it will be the next evolutionary step in Orlando water parks.
As I have said before, I think these slides are the more generic ones, look at the concept art, far left is a more generic slide tower. Now, as far as generic goes, I think these will be great slides, especially dark blue, two double spirals ... I think these slides will be good.
Anyway, as I looked at concept art again, I noticed the one slide from close to the top (Teebin also said one slide would be close to feature height) and the top half was clear plastic, then it went in the volcano, that would be awesome!

Reactions: Scott W.
They can be done all open as well:
ba6e5bd0d07043d8a858818053893646_nitro_racer_460x345_3a.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Thanks all. I believe the tubes that are nearly installed are the mat racers. Another part of the same load area will be 2 speed slides I believe, going the opposite direction.

Last edited:
No, none of the 4 slides that are currently being installed are mat racers. It was already noted that at least 2 are a newer slide by ProSlide that feature turns with a wider radius open tube that changes the dynamic of the flow through the turn. The other two look to be like the more typical ProSlide single tube slides. The mat racer slide pieces are still in the staging area by Wet n Wild, as seen in the update video.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Volcano? But still, there's only one tube section in, and that won't be for a mat racer. Not sure where you're seeing mat racer slide pieces going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.