Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 655 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on going to Orlando in November 2014 for the first time since 2002. I wanted to wait until after HP 2.0 was done, but is it worth holding out until whatever is being done in 2015 is completed? I doubt I will go back for a very, very long time.

Do you like Jurassic Park?

Do you like Jurassic Park?

I am obsessed with Jurassic Park - my banner on Twitter is Jurassic Park, my Gmail picture is Jurassic Park, I went and saw the rerelease on 3-D Imax and annoyed everyone around me by quoting it, and it's the earliest movie going experience I have (I was six). I have read the two books on multiple occasions. One of my dreams is to brew my own (amber) beer and call it "Clever Girl" (ten points to whomever gets the reference), and I have said on multiple occasions that I will not die happy if I can't ride a dinosaur.

So yes, I am a fan.

And by your post, I am assuming I should wait - how long into 2015? Not only do I love Jurassic Park, but I am also very impatient.

Quick questions:

Anyone know what will be going in the foreground between the left of the train station facade and the right of the bathrooms? Any kind of building to block the view of the actual train station?

Or will we be seeing straight past the buildings into backstage (why I assume they have built that large metal structure behind the tracks)?

I did one more homemade concept art based on the most recent aerial photo I could find and the concept art released by Universal (and Gambit's collaged shot). I promise this is the very last one, and let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post these, so that I don't hijack this thread. Thanks!

DiagonMyConceptArtaerialdoneREALBLURREDRGBLOWRESOLUTION_zps516d9420.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I say keep these magical works of art coming! Awesome job! :thumbs:

And this would be the right thread to post them in, since they are about London / Diagon Alley :cheers:

PS: Thanks for the pic update, AllAroundOrlando! :thumbs:

I did one more homemade concept art based on the most recent aerial photo I could find and the concept art released by Universal (and Gambit's collaged shot). I promise this is the very last one, and let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post these, so that I don't hijack this thread. Thanks!

DiagonMyConceptArtaerialdoneREALBLURREDRGBLOWRESOLUTION_zps516d9420.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, phenomenal! You could probably sell this to the park for some cash :thumbs:

1) please keep posting art Bad Lactose
2) I really need an explanation on the HE engines because HTF and Teebin's posts about it are giving my brain fits. A PM would be nice :look: :wave:

Basically, 2 visible engines in Hogsmeade and no visible engine on Platform 9 3/4? Or just the one and the two others don't exist?

2) I really need an explanation on the HE engines because HTF and Teebin's posts about it are giving my brain fits. A PM would be nice :look: :wave:

Basically, 2 visible engines in Hogsmeade and no visible engine on Platform 9 3/4? Or just the one and the two others don't exist?

That's what HTF's tweets seemed to suggest the other day; the engine visible in Hogsmeade Station and hidden in King's Cross. But I was under the impression that it would be the other way around. I can't imagine that they would not want the guests to see the steaming engine in that massive Platform 9 3/4. :shrug:

I believe that is backwards.

Are we messing with Screamscape then?

RT @hatetofly @screamscape The loco will be hidden from view at 93/4 but viewable while exiting at IOA. Both trains will point towards IOA.

(8/28/13) Just a quick update on my theory regarding the missing locomotives for the Hogwarts Express. Forget it… my theory was all-wrong apparently. From what I’m told the engines are thought to be on site, hidden at an indoor location. According to a tweet from HateToFly, the locomotive will be hidden from view when boarding at the Kings Cross station, but you will be able to see it at the Hogsmeade depot.

(8/29/13) Screamscape sources tell us that the Hogwarts Express locomotives may be currently kept under big white tarps in the approximate location of where the old Hard Rock restaurant building used to be. It may be possible to see them from the parking lot of the Hard Rock Hotel, or even hear them. Apparently crews have been testing sound effects and animation features on them this week.

Last edited:
I thought the way we had it worked out was it was facing IoA so you could see the engine at 9 3/4 and it would hide in a tunnel at Hogsmeade and the current photo-op would appear to be the train on that side?

I thought the way we had it worked out was it was facing IoA so you could see the engine at 9 3/4 and it would hide in a tunnel at Hogsmeade and the current photo-op would appear to be the train on that side?

That's what I thought, and it made perfect sense... but I guess they've gone and done it another way :shrug:

In the tweet HTF does say they're facing IOA, so no way does the engine being visible at IOA but not at 9 & 3/4 make sense. You guys are right about it being the opposite, I think he just misspoke.
He even says you only see the engine while exiting 'IOA', which is only logical if he meant exiting Hogsmeade, not IOA. Therefore, the engine must NOT be visible at the Hogsmeade station, but visible within the London platform. Maybe he was just tired or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.