Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not mistaken Radcliffe once said that he was too old to be running around in a school boy's uniform, could just mean that he would never do another movie, but yes, if they ever do another Harry Potter ride I doubt he would be in it because he will be looking too old ...

Exactly. He said this in an inteview. But it's been speculated that because in the later movies he was not wearing the school robes that the filming was set to be later in the films arc.

I cannot imagine that I would have said this as I have absolutely no idea. Moreover, I couldn't care less...

I was reading a couple of pages back you put up a link of a forum of "stuff we know so far of diagon alley" or whatever it was called and saw it there. I think it was hatetofly who actually said that Daniel Radcliffe would not be filming, I'm sorry I accused you. Although you don't care I just thought it was weird that he himself would not be part of the ride since he is Harry Potter.

I was reading a couple of pages back you put up a link of a forum of "stuff we know so far of diagon alley" or whatever it was called and saw it there. I think it was hatetofly who actually said that Daniel Radcliffe would not be filming, I'm sorry I accused you. Although you don't care I just thought it was weird that he himself would not be part of the ride since he is Harry Potter.

I believe that's since been disproved and that he will indeed be a part of the ride. Though it is not confirmed he filmed directly for it, he does appear and is an important part of the ride experience

Not a problem. Keep in mind that way back then, no one knew what the ride would be called. It is only in the months since it was announced that people have been thinking that he must appear in some form. Prior to that, it was merely fan-dreams and conjecture.

I believe that's since been disproved and that he will indeed be a part of the ride. Though it is not confirmed he filmed directly for it, he does appear and is an important part of the ride experience

Well thank you and that's good to know. I just thought it would be very weird if Harry Potter himself was not even part of the ride haha. Especially with Voldemort being part of it.

Pic from @MagicCityMayhem

BkoqvnRIEAAJRTD.jpg

They're finally painting!

Reactions: natespf
:welcome: 5U5114! I'm also anxious to find out how it will all be handled. Dan Radcliffe could have just been contractually obligated to stay mum and maybe for that reason he denied being a part of filming, or it could be that he only did voice over and no filming. Thing is, even if he is under the invisibility cloak in the queue or the beginning of the ride, once the ride through the caverns and vaults starts in the movie we see him come out. Same with Emma/Hermione where the beginning it's Helena/Bellatrix, but once the Thief's Downfall hits them, we see Hermione as herself. So, yeah, it'll be interesting to see and find out. Now, I don't know if I remember correctly, but also to add to the mix, I thought Mark Woodbury mentioned we'll see the trio in the ride during the reveal. Maybe someone can find that video, too :p

Pic from @MagicCityMayhem

BkoqvnRIEAAJRTD.jpg

They're finally painting!

Nice! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs:

I was just wondering something, if it were to be true that they have a soft opening on the first of June, if there is early entry for Hogsmeade, then would they already soft open the HE early as well?

Very exciting to see them painting! It's going to take on a whole new life now. I look forward to seeing the dark red tiling.

I'm vising May 25-31, hopefully I will get to see a soft opening. I visited the same time last year and got into a soft of Transformers. :) I will be sure to keep an eye on Twitter and the forums that week!

5-6 weeks ago I wrote down on a calendar four consecutive days with notation, 'DIA'. The last of those four days was the 20th. The statement made at the time seemed very much like a corporate crack of the whip; an "it will be finished and ready" for everything from food service to entertainment to move in.

Sorry but who's Derek Burgan and why would he know soft opening dates?

Also, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Potter isn't actually seen in the ride. Universal could push it as the rider is the star of this adventure.

Sorry but who's Derek Burgan and why would he know soft opening dates?

He's only the coolest, funniest, podcaster with attitude, guy around.
He writes for touring plans, and I think used to write for orlando informer. And he's on lots of theme park podcasts, like Pardon the Pixie Dust, and Universal Now.

I listen to more theme park podcasts than I should lol

Status
Not open for further replies.