Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Marc Kleinhenz? I do not hop around to every fan site to see what is going on and so I am at a loss with this person. Does he ever actually know stuff or is he merely blowing smoke?
Marc has even posted on this site (OU) asking for information. As the other poster said, he basically just gets info from other sites and the occasional PM. On a few occasions his PM sources have been right on though. But he's surely not in HTF, TPI or your league when it comes to insider info.

Who is Marc Kleinhenz? I do not hop around to every fan site to see what is going on and so I am at a loss with this person. Does he ever actually know stuff or is he merely blowing smoke?

He's a writer and essentially nothing more than a reporter. He takes all of the news especially on this site, hounds well known insiders for info via private message, and fills in blanks with some often incorrect intel or IMO guesses that make for a good read. Once he compiles this info from his "sources" HTF, Spirit, Whylightbulb, Parkscope, and yourself among others he then takes it to Orlandoinformer to write an article. Orlandoinformer then pays him money to write these articles and then they advertise it as worlds first or breaking first ever heard news and rumors.

That sum it up for ya Teebin?

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2014/rumor-spotlight-unlimited-fastpass-plus-versus-harry-potter-third-phase/

Found on Orlando Informer, apparently there are definite plans for other Harry Potter rides. Is this legit? And if they are indeed planning this, could it be that we are looking at smaller rides?

As has been said, when they say rumor roundup they truly mean that, they went around the internet and rounded up every rumor that other sites have put up, and placed them in one spot very rarely giving credit the the site that posted the rumor.

He's just one of the site's reporters. He has no real credibility with anyone other the OI fans.

But the real important question here is why is anyone getting information from this site?

Dan Hatfield is the owner of the site. He's a former UO employee, but don't let that fool you to think that he knows things, he worked in an off site call center. He went around the web literately stealing information from other sites to create his self proclaimed "world’s leading independent resource for guests visiting the world’s most exciting entertainment destination: Universal Orlando Resort." It's funny cause he copy and pastes the stuff to his site, but at the bottom of his site " Unless you have received prior written authorization from us, you may not copy, redistribute, publish, sell, or otherwise make the original contents of this website available to third parties."

He used to sell membership to his site, but last year he flipped it over to a free site. Of course he didn't refund those who had purchased a membership.

But really the thing that makes it so I can't respect him is that he threw a fit and shut down his site for a day or two when he didn't get invited to any of the Transfomers media stuff.

FWIW I've talked with Marc several times and he's a really nice guy. But he doesn't live or work in Orlando, so his rumor sources are usually 2nd or 3rd hand...

FWIW I've talked with Marc several times and he's a really nice guy. But he doesn't live or work in Orlando, so his rumor sources are usually 2nd or 3rd hand...

Fair enough. After rereading my post, I just want to be clear, the second half was about Dan not Marc. I just know he's an OI writer, who just accumulates others information.

But he doesn't live or work in Orlando, so his rumor sources are usually 2nd or 3rd hand...

Hmmm... Being in Maine, I take umbrage with this statement. I sometimes see things before the graphite figures out that it is laying on paper. Of course, I never tell anyone what I see... but at least I get my jollies. :wave:

Hmmm... Being in Maine, I take umbrage with this statement. I sometimes see things before the graphite figures out that it is laying on paper. Of course, I never tell anyone what I see... but at least I get my jollies. :wave:

Teebin, we all know you have better remote-viewing talents than The Clarivoyant on Agents of SHIELD ;-)

I was just saying that Marc isn't "on the ground" reporting on construction in person, but that doesn't necessarily negate the value of information he may be passed by others.
I always try to give credit where credit is due, but technically no one "owns" a rumor, so just absorb everything and take it with a grain (or ocean) of salt. :)

Thanks everyone! I thought it was weird that there are these "definite plans" and that I had not seen anything here, reason I joined OU is because information here seems to be the most legit. I usually don't care much about forums and participating in them, but I must say, I do like it here :)
So in any case, basically, what the article calls rumors are just fanboy speculations based upon loose thoughts universal might have but that don't really amount to anything, let alone being actual plans?

- - - Updated - - -

no one "owns" a rumor

I like that, thanks Seth!

Talk of a Ministry of Magic attraction has been going on for a long time, even here on OU, but during the Harry Potter Celebration there were gallons of fuel added to this small ember of a rumor/blue sky thought, when in one of the panels they asked the question of what they'd like to do that they haven't done before, and they responded the MoM. I wonder if there's a video out there...

BkfYqIjIAAEnla1.jpg:large

BkfYzXsIUAA2cur.jpg:large

BkfaNHBIIAEWfOT.jpg:large

Talk of a Ministry of Magic attraction has been going on for a long time, even here on OU, but during the Harry Potter Celebration there were gallons of fuel added to this small ember of a rumor/blue sky thought, when in one of the panels they asked the question of what they'd like to do that they haven't done before, and they responded the MoM. I wonder if there's a video out there...

[video=youtube;Zc70sRWELik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc70sRWELik&list=PL16137BD614324B1F[/video]

Skip to 39:45 :thumbs:

Thanks for the pics, theuoleaker! Looks like we're just down to painting and landscaping up front now :thumbs:

You got it, Miketheboss! :cheers: So although it's a possibility, like anything is a possibility, they do mention it's just something they talked among themselves... for now. I'd obviously love a MoM attraction taking over FFL. No question about it. But, only time will tell!

thanks for the pics leaker. It appears they are finally finishing up the scaffolding support spots that remained on leicester. Would someone please take a closeup of the leaves on the new trees and pm them to me? :wave:

Via Derek Burgan... Uni planning technical rehearsals for 5/20 with full day softs on 6/1. Info from his twitter

Hi everyone. For the last couple of days I've been lurking on these forums, just like I did for phase 1 of Potter, and decided I wanted to post for the first time haha. I don't mean to bring up the past, and I hope it hasn't been talked about already, but I was reading an old entry where I think Teebin said Daniel Radcliffe did not film anything for the gringotts ride. I don't know if Radcliffe already came out and said he was joking or something, but I just found it odd that the ride is called Harry Potter and the escape from Gringotts and he won't even be part of it. So I was thinking, maybe Radcliffe chose his words carefully and really didn't film anything but recorded his voice instead and maybe he will be part of the ride just under his invisibility cloak the whole time and we only hear his voice? Just a thought and wanted to see what you all thought of it. Thanks for all the information by the way you all have always been the best!

If I am not mistaken Radcliffe once said that he was too old to be running around in a school boy's uniform, could just mean that he would never do another movie, but yes, if they ever do another Harry Potter ride I doubt he would be in it because he will be looking too old ...

Via Derek Burgan... Uni planning technical rehearsals for 5/20 with full day softs on 6/1. Info from his twitter

That's exciting. Though he then said 'We're less than TWO weeks before a lot of training begins' Did he mean tech rehearsals start 4/20 not 5/20?

Status
Not open for further replies.