Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Actually, the land that Rockit uses wasn't part of USF when Nick Studios was around. So technically the ride did use an existing empty parcel of Citywalk land.

794px-Nickelodeon_Studios_in_Hard_Rock_Cafe.jpg
That's not exactly what I meant, but i'll concede to that. I meant that there was more space beyond where Rockit currently sits in the park back then (as shown in the pic you posted). It's too bad Nick Studios had to leave, it really livened up the park (especially production wise). Things happen though I guess and times change. After a certain point in the early 2000's, there was no saving it unfortunately. :/

That's not exactly what I meant, but i'll concede to that. I meant that there was more space beyond where Rockit currently sits in the park back then (as shown in the pic you posted). It's too bad Nick Studios had to leave, it really livened up the park (especially production wise). Things happen though I guess and times change. After a certain point in the early 2000's, there was no saving it unfortunately. :/

I really miss that view.

Hi guys,
Long time reader and I thought I would finally contribute something! I was at Universal this past Saturday and noticed the banner is gone. I wonder if it ripped again or if they're just replacing it.

image_zps97bc82b6.jpg

^First of all, :welcome:

Secondly, the banner was definitely gone over the weekend. This is the only recent photo of Rockit I could find.....

From @PartyTTParks

Watching Manheim Steamroller at @UniversalORL beautiful! :)

iMdLLh1cMqN09.png

I'm surprised Uni hasn't used Rockit's banner as some sort of advertising. Perhaps a seasonal banner to advertise upcoming/current events like Grinchmas/Macy's, Mardi Gras, HHN, etc.

I remember when the ride first opened we were discussing that. Hopefully it is getting replaced with something better or gone for good.

It screamed 2004(yes, I know the ride opened in 2009) but Graphically it looked like a bad clash of Guitar hero graphics with an Mp3 player logo from the early 2000's. We don't need a giant MP3 player like banner looming over.

That was the original concept of course. I figured upon looking at the picture initially that the park was planning to 'plus' it with that. But one of that size and a quality to resent nice imagery would be quite pricey. They can afford it but I would rather see that money go somewhere else. Also, if they did in fact build a LED display of some sort it would be sad to see it constantly weathered and needing maintaining all the time or replacements.

Last 2 times I rode it in the middle of last year, I wasnt able to "choose" my song. I chose "Hammer Time", or so I thaught, but heard the same default song both times I rode. Anyone else had this problem?

Last 2 times I rode it in the middle of last year, I wasnt able to "choose" my song. I chose "Hammer Time", or so I thaught, but heard the same default song both times I rode. Anyone else had this problem?

That's strange that you would have that issue twice. Unless you were really unlucky to find a glitched seat twice, maybe could you have forgotten to confirm the song? :shrug: Really weird! Hope you can get it to work next time, as picking your tune is a big part of the experience.

To me, it doesn't feel unique. I know the theme and idea is different but to me it just a larger outdoor version of Mummy. Not in theme or dark ride part (obviously) but always felt they could have gone with something more exciting like beating SW to the punch with a flyer or even a launcher....

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I don't find it to be as big of an eyesore as everyone says, but the theming is horrendous. The characters so obnoxious and the queue looks like it could be found in a Six Flags park. As for the ride, it's fun, but rough. The last time I rode it I have a decent headache for a little while.

Though, It sure was fun riding this at 1:00 AM during Halloween Horror Nights in the freezing cold. And it looks awesome during night, with those LED trains whizzing by. Certainly adds a more fun and exciting feel to the area.

I consider the Rockit a failure. I've ridden it at least a dozen times and out of those rides I've had maybe two smooth rides. The #4 car is extremely rough. I've sadly been stuck riding that one three or four times and know I'm in for a rough ride.

It's out of place in USF, it has the most down time of any ride on property, it always has long waits, it closes due to weather, and it's rough.
In my opinion this was money not well spent. They should have waited until 2010 and had B&M build them a nice hyper similar to Hollywood Dream from Japan. Would've been way more worth their time and money.